watch now

Author Topic: All About Facial Serums  (Read 167070 times)

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »
I am currently choosing between Khiel's Clearly Corrective and EL's ANR. gusto ko sana talaga ng ANR kaso di ba magastos? Kasi iba pa for the day.

Currently using Dr. Dennis Gross okay naman kaso ang mahal sobra so I'm looking for alternatives that are a bit cheaper.

Tin, magkaiba yung Kiehl's and EL ANR. Although pwede mo din gamitin ANR in the AM and in the PM, ganon gawa ko dati eh. Yung Kiehl's effective sa pag-lighten ng post acne blemishes and refining the skintone. Yung ANR, more of restorative treatment siya. It imparts proper moisture and balances your skin so less prone to irritations ka. I've used both of them on separate periods and yan ang effect nila sakin after months of use.

 Yung Kiehl's nga lang drying and irritating sa akin so I let it go.  I have better results with their clearly corrective deep moisture cream, pero combination naman kasi skintype ko.

Of all the serums I've tried Clarins double serum ang favorite ko. It just calms my skin and any inflammation I may be having.

If cheaper alternative to serums ang hanap mo, try rosehip oil, it's a natural source of retinoic acid and vitamin c. Maraming brands ang available pero Trilogy ang alam ko na pinaka-OK. A new zealand wellness shop in SM southmall sells it for around 1800++ per bottle but you only need 2-3 drops per night so it'll last you a while.

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 10:29:26 am »
^ wow, super thanks sis Caren sa informative response. :)

Nako ayaw ko na ata nung Khiel's. Haha. My concern is uneven skintone kasi which is getting better na, but I can't afford another bottle of this. Na-intriga ako sa Clarins Double Serum pero same price pala kay Dr.Dennis Gross expensive!
Mas targeted ata ni Khiel's ang needs ko pero naiintriga lang ako sa ANR ang dami kasing good reviews! Pero parang mas swak kami nung Khiel's baka yun nalang try ko pagkaubos. :)

babyastig

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:28 pm »
@yapeegurl....Hada Labo Shirojyun Serum. Sticky ba?  How do you used it?  After moisturizer or before?? Thanks,

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »
^^hingi ka na lang muna ng sample Tin, generous naman sila sa samples :)

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: serum for face
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »
My Pure Beauty Super Brightening Essence pa ba sa watsons?

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »
^sis generous ba sila mag bigay ng samples sa Kiehl's Trinoma? Or mataray at judgemental like sa Mac Trinoma? Thank you! :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2013, 12:02:10 am »
Parang okay naman yun Khiel's trinoma, medyo pushy lang. Hehe!

Thanks sis Caren. Baka hinge nalang ako when I drop by trino :)

imcocobanana

  • Guest
Re: serum for face
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2013, 02:20:50 am »
Philosophy Hope in a Bottle - Anti-oxidant. It brightens my face, 1 week ko pa lang siya ginamit and someone told me na my face is "glowing" daw. But you can really see the results for yourself. It has a very light smell, may pimples ako sa forehead ko ngayon but I don't think nakuha ko ito from the serum. I'm getting my period na kasi and I think it's because of that. Pero I don't have any problems from using it :)

imcocobanana

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2013, 02:40:30 am »
Philosophy Hope in a Bottle (in the morning) and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (at night)

Kabibili ko pa lang ng EL ANR, so I can't really tell kung may nag-bago ba sa face ko at every other night ko siya ginagamit kasi I switch it to a retinoid cream at those nights na hindi ako naglalagay ng EL ANR (for anti-aging purposes)

Yung Philosophy naman, 1 week pa lang I saw visible results na. My skin was smoother, softer and it looked brighter. Napansin din ng co-worker ko na my skin is glowing "daw". Pero try it so you can see it for yourself :)

Kapag naubos na yung Bottle of Hope ko, I'll definitely buy again. The EL ANR, well it's too early for me to comment about it kasi kabibili ko pa lang :)


avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: serum for face
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:53 am »
I tried using olay serum as recommended. Im rating it with 4 stars 😄

justmie1209

  • Guest
Re: serum for face
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44:05 am »
 :D ;)Mary Kay has it  SERUM FOR FACE AND EYES ALSO ;D ;D

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2013, 01:32:16 pm »
^ sis yung Philosophy Hope in a Bottle, di ba parang moosturizer yan? Nevertheless parang gusto ko kasi sabi targeted daw for oily skin

imcocobanana

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2013, 02:52:47 am »
^ sis yung Philosophy Hope in a Bottle, di ba parang moosturizer yan? Nevertheless parang gusto ko kasi sabi targeted daw for oily skin

Hi, Sis :* Well, ang consistency niya ay madulas. Ka-kulay niya ang water pero, it's thicker. It has a VERY light scent too. I would not say that it's a moisturizer because it has anti-oxidants (sa bottle, it reads: "facial firming serum with gluatathione, peptides, vitamin c and e, and soy). I don't think a moisturizer has all that.

A serum is potent and I apply moisturizer on top of it. Lahat yata ng beauty blogs and skin care experts, ito ang sinasabi; Na you have to apply moisturizer on top of your serum.

Yung bottle niya sis is parang mga vitamins ng baby. May medicine dropper. Hehe cute :)

Bili ka sis!

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2013, 10:46:18 am »
^ hala ibig sabihin ina nakita ko kasi hindi siya dropper tapos nakalagay moiturizer sa baba. Haha!

Hindi ba ito yun?
http://www.philosophy.com/skin-care-moisturizers/hope-in-a-bottle,en_US,pd.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:52:32 am by ladychris17 »

samsung

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 11:21:06 am »
serum ba nilalagay last pero before sunblock?

cleanser > toner > moisturizer > serum > sunblock

tama ba sequencing ko? hehe, how much yung hope in a bottle, intriguing :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 12:54:07 pm »
^ serum muna before moisturizer sis :)

samsung

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »
^ thanks sis! nakaubos ata ako ng isang bottle ng serum na moisturizer muna, haha..

dumaan pala ko ng beauty bar ngaun, di na daw nila ica-carry mga philosophy items, sa rustans ba meron ng philosophy hope in a bottle?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:38:59 pm by samsung »

AngelicFez

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2013, 04:49:01 pm »
^ hala ibig sabihin ina nakita ko kasi hindi siya dropper tapos nakalagay moiturizer sa baba. Haha!

Hindi ba ito yun?
http://www.philosophy.com/skin-care-moisturizers/hope-in-a-bottle,en_US,pd.html

sis ladychris, "when hope is not enough" ata ang sinasabi nya na serum

imcocobanana

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2013, 06:17:39 pm »
sis ladychris, "when hope is not enough" ata ang sinasabi nya na serum

ay sis, oo nga. tama si angelicfez :) sorry, mali ako. it's when hope is not enough :)

http://www.skinstore.com/p-2518-philosophy-when-hope-is-not-enough-serum.aspx

yan muna apply ko, then moisturizer.

babyastig

  • Guest
Re: All About Facial Serums
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2013, 08:57:05 pm »
SOP ba talaga ang moisturizer if using facial serum??? thanks.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close