watch now

Author Topic: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)  (Read 191567 times)

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2015, 05:49:51 pm »
I don't rely on a single guru's recommendation. Reviews pa din ang chinecheck ko before buying anything. Goss kasi, I watch his vids for techniques so I don't care much for his product recommendations. ;D

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2015, 12:10:25 am »
Ingrid Nilsen aka Miss Glamorazzi came out. Teared up on her coming out video. :)

iamlili

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2015, 07:09:00 am »
I just discovered Kasey of StillGlamorus. She looks like Sarah Lahbati and she's really pretty!

Annek0909

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:02 pm »
Sa ngayon, favorite ko sina nikkitutorials, tanya burr, at beautycrush. Sa pinay beauty gurus naman, si ana victorino (kaso di na sya nagpopost ng videos ). Okay rin si angkikayko (nakakatuwa personality niya)

Super Nix

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:24 am »
Gusto ko ngayon si Casey Holmes, Shades of Kassie, Jaclyn Hill, and Carli (?) Bybel

Dati ayaw ko sa uber kapal ng makeups on screen pero sila talaga yung may mga honest reviews as in mga legit na makeup addicts. Parang ayaw ko na sa mga patweetums haha

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2015, 11:22:34 am »
Amelia Liana. Love her makeup choices and that accent. Her voice and way of talking isn't annoying. No sudden high pitches, she's just very refined.

Annek0909

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #466 on: July 15, 2015, 01:58:49 pm »
I like watching amelia liana's videos too! I like the fact that she uses both high end and drugstore products.  :)

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #467 on: July 15, 2015, 02:26:01 pm »
^fairness.. I love her blog na!

can't get enough of Anne Clutz. Ang random kasi nakakatawa sya and nakakainspire yun gamit nyang mostly local products. Nachachallenge ako na I don't have to spend so much for makeup.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #468 on: July 15, 2015, 02:33:09 pm »
I used to like Jaclyn Hill pero parang pare parehas na ichura ng makeup nya? Haha

For avant garde I like Julia Graf. Dami ko natutunan sa kanya back when I was freelancing for avant garde photography.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »
I don't like Say's Tagalog tutorials. Unnatural ng dating.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »
^havent seen any of that but my friend said it's all old concepts, tinagalog lang.

Annek0909

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2015, 05:09:48 pm »
Ang tagal ko na yatang di nanonood ng videos ni Say. Para kasing pareparehas lang naman yung ginagawa niya and di ko type yung mga makeup looks na ginagawa niya. Not sure din kung mapagkakatiwalaan ko yung mga reviews niya kasi almost everything's sponsored.  :-\ may mga marerecommend ba kayong new filipina makeup gurus?

icedtallcoffee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #472 on: July 16, 2015, 12:39:10 am »
Try maxeneKOO, candid vlogger din, similar to anneclutz, pero I think she's a college student or fresh off of college kaya ibang perspective from that of a mom. https://www.youtube.com/user/maxeneKOO/videos

simang

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #473 on: July 16, 2015, 09:21:00 am »
^^I used to really admire Ana Victorino until all the sponsorships. But she's really very talented and artsy. Her recent IG post about her daughter was kind of a surprise to me. Oh well. Kaso she's not very active anymore. Of all the filipino makeup youtubers, parang si Say lang ang naging consistent sa pagupload, although she basically switched to just vlogging instead of doing actual makeup tutorials. Yung mga kasabayan nya back in 2009-2010 (like Noe, Maricarl Janah), minsan minsan na lang mag upload or almost wala na nga yata. I also watch Michelle Dy from time to time, sakto lang din. Shebby Liquette is very pretty, kaya parang unfair yung mga makeup vids nya kasi maganda na talaga sya kahit anong makeup nya haha. Si Anne Clutz, sakto lang mga makeup nya, and I don't really watch her vlogs, but her reviews are quite helpful.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:56 am »
Si Shebby medyo nakakapalan ako magmakeup and minsan parang ang puti puti ng face nya hihi. Also hindi rin ako ganado na kasi sponsored na rin mga makeup nya like Etude House lahat gamit nya.

Tinry ko panoorin kay Say na tagalog hindi ko type kahit yun mga english nya. Basta may something off. I used to like her. I don't know parang umarte sya magsalita hehe or the braces nakakadistract..

I am also liking Julia of bless my bag. Simple lang and natural yun looks. Medyo kamahalan nga lang mga gamit nyang make ups. :)

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:51 am »
^^I used to really admire Ana Victorino until all the sponsorships. But she's really very talented and artsy. Her recent IG post about her daughter was kind of a surprise to me. Oh well. Kaso she's not very active anymore. Of all the filipino makeup youtubers, parang si Say lang ang naging consistent sa pagupload, although she basically switched to just vlogging instead of doing actual makeup tutorials. Yung mga kasabayan nya back in 2009-2010 (like Noe, Maricarl Janah), minsan minsan na lang mag upload or almost wala na nga yata. I also watch Michelle Dy from time to time, sakto lang din. Shebby Liquette is very pretty, kaya parang unfair yung mga makeup vids nya kasi maganda na talaga sya kahit anong makeup nya haha. Si Anne Clutz, sakto lang mga makeup nya, and I don't really watch her vlogs, but her reviews are quite helpful.

I think Say switched to vlogging coz she realized her viewers were more interested of her life than her non existent make upskills. Shebby, pretty face na talaga I agree.. so she can pull off any look. Anne Clutz, ok lang rin.. relatable but I am not a fan. I also used to like Ana V, lalo na her brows before but she turned into a sell out just like any other makeup gurus who earned a name.

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2015, 02:51:28 pm »
I also recently discovered michelle dy pero ewan ko if she still uploads makeup vids..

lovely_carrot

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2015, 03:02:10 pm »
I like Jen (Head to Toe) kasi she's korean and i find her eye make up really useful kasi pareho ko sya na singkit and Promise Tamang, i found them both sa Youtube.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:12 pm »
^^
I liked Ana's vids before as she's talented for her age that time. Kaso yung last post nya admitting she has a daughter (which shouldn't have mattered naman because wala naman kinalaman yung bata sa channel nya, ewan ko nga ba sa ibang tao) and used it as the reason for e-begging, dun ako na-turn off.

null4e

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »
Ingrid Nilsen aka Miss Glamorazzi came out. Teared up on her coming out video. :)
@Sugardrop, do you like her videos since her coming out? Cause I find them strange and absolutely different from the tutorials, hauls, etc. from before.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close