watch now

Author Topic: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)  (Read 191647 times)

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »
Hindi ko type ichura ni Say na nude lippies ang gamit. Saka pag walang makeup.

gemzki28

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2013, 09:52:22 pm »
^ true that sister! the power of make up talaga ang peg niya!  ;D

cottondoll

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2013, 11:22:30 pm »
Newbie to the world of makeup and I really like Goss's makeup tips, ang galing niyang magexplain. I also like watching/reading Noe or colorismyweapon, Jen of frmheadtotoe, Liz of Project Vanity and Lisa Elridge. :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:36 am »
si bing castro :) kala ko di nako makakakita ng pinay youtuber/blogger na makakarelate ako sa quest ko for quality but affordable makeup and not over the top un kalalabasan. tenkyu ms bing for the blog! :)
Discovered her just recently. I see a lot more local blogs reviewing high-end productsnowadays. I love reading about them but I want to explore more local brands and Philippine-made products.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:53:40 am by rae »

countess

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:07 pm »
I tend to lean towards local beauty gurus kasi I wanted some items na accessible lang dito sa PH. So far nagustuhan ko lang si anavictorino and colorismyweapon. I've tried both of their techniques in makeup and it works well for me. Yun nga lang cons ko kay noe is medyo OA voice overs niya, sana wala na lang ganun. haha. I also like dianejanice (kaso bihira na magupload, I think famous na siya sa other field), and michelledy051 (use local products too)

I didn't liked say's video sometimes, lalo na lately puro vlogs na, I thought the purpose of her vlogging before is to showcase some of her makeup stints sa clients and all that pero puro random lately, like grocery, fitting sa malls (which is bawal naman talaga), tapos food. and then most of her videos sa makeup iisa lang eye makeup technique tapos signature eyeliner lang niya. Hindi makita yung creativity and versatility niya sa craft. Pati reviews di rin ganun ka-in depth parang basta may masabi lang, puro fillers pa like "i really really" or "actually", karamihan din ng videos medyo gaya na kay itsjudytime.

on international scale, I still watch Michellephan (minus the lancome sponsorship, minsan ang bubbly na niya sa videos), bubzbeauty, lisaeldridge, gossmakeupartist, pixiwoo, itsjudytime (ok reviews niya per product), sasakiasahi, emilynoel.


pinkaboo

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2013, 04:24:20 pm »
My picks: Jen of frmheadtotoe, emilynoel813, missglamorazzi, essibutton. They're so much fun to watch! Lisa Eldridge too!

lovehatemanila

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2013, 01:30:43 am »
I like Michelle Phan, Tanya Burr, itsjudytime, FleurdeForce, zoella280390, Nicole Guerriero, amarixe, missglamorazzi, frmheadtotoe and AnnieJaffrey

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2013, 06:00:25 am »
I watch, Judy, pixiwoo, Michelle Phan, Zoella, Lisa Eldridge and Gossmakeupartist. I've seen Say's videos - I agree to all nega comments here, she's so full of herself now and she blocks you if you post a criticism sa videos nya. She needs to improve her vocabulary kasi puro nalang "very very" "really really like" and she looks like Vice Ganda, buti naman she changed her hairstyle but the color? yikes ang sakit sa mata!

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2013, 07:21:58 am »
Michelle Phan is a forever favorite. Sa kanya ako natuto mag eyeliner.

pinkaboo

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:47 am »
I'm curious! Sino si "Say"?? Hehe, sorry naman.

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2013, 10:24:58 am »
^search mo sa Youtube sis Say Tioco

chirochan

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2013, 06:57:52 am »
^ minimize mo ng konti yun circle lens mo sis, tyaka for tutorials medyo harap ka pa sa camera ng konti para mas kita ka or better yet zoom mo

qt_ben17

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2013, 04:39:59 pm »
Watching billy b tutorials lately. He has this high fashion hollywood style of makeup.

I wish raja puts up yt tutorials, he does tyra banks and I like his techniques as well. Very glamorous

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »
^What's his youtube link or username? :) thanks

qt_ben17

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »
^ raja you mean? wala siya yt e, but i get to watch him sa rupaul's drag race videos from logotv (dot com), season 3.

for billy b, misterbillyb ang acct niya, tho scattered din from other users ang ibang tutorials

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »
^thanks bro :) will check out misterbillyb later

mishyla

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »
i like:

itsjudystime - gusto ko yung roadtest muna niya yung product before giving her reviews, saka pag off yung product sasabihin pa din niya yung negative dun sa products (i also watch her vlogs, katuwa si Julianna)

Noe - i like her simplicity and ang ganda nga ng kilay niya.
Ana - ang galing ng editing ng videos niya, voice over at ang galing niya magmake up..nakakatuwa.

aprilAthena - medyo matinis lang boses niya pero nakakatuwa siya.

as for Say, subbie ako sa kanya dati, nakilala ko siya dahil sa friend ko. sabi ng friend ko, if like mo matutunan basic, pwede magstart kay Say, pag paumanhin na lang daw ang grammar...hehe
bihira ako magcomment sa mga videos, but I did sa isang video niya, yung Product empties, puro kasi i really really (nth times) amazing , i love it, sinasabi. so as constructive criticism, para mas magimprove siya sa crafts niya, nagcomment ako na mas ok if lessen niya para mas maging realistic yung pagka like niya sa product, pero ang sagot lang eh, that's the way she appreciates daw, she can't see any unrealistic dun...tapos andami na nagcomment na dami daw haters and so on, so pag may critic ka lang hater agad agad. tapos nasasabihan kasi siya na off sumagot like masungit, sabi niya wala lang daw smiley.. hello, medyo hindi talaga siya maganda sumagot sa mga tanong. she can't handle nega comments and so on. mabilis siya maapektuhan sa mga nega comments.. ayun, i unsub na. nakakairita lang..pero minsan i watch her pa din, para makita if she's improving since she chose it as her fulltime job..hehe

stylishmomy

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2013, 08:08:41 pm »
^mas mabuti siguro di nalang cya mag reply sa mga comments, both compliments and criticism para di obvious ang masama nyang ugali lol.

I still check her out sometimes coz natatawa ako sa "really really like it" lines nya - and her major was Marketing :P

rae

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2013, 11:36:58 pm »
She comes off as mataray when answering comments on youtube because of how she phrases her answers.

But I met her once and I find her very nice and friendly, so I just don't read through the comments section.

I'm not subscribed to her currently because I follow her blogspot. That way I can sift through vlogs and only get to see beauty-related videos.

Many of her beauty finds are great. Like those cheap individual lashes she featured a while back. And it's always nice to see a haul with products na mostly mabibili satin.

I'm not bothered with the way she speaks kasi iniisip ko para lang din akong nanonood ng english vlogs ng mga singaporean youtubers na may accent. I take the substance of what she's saying and I find them helpful.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:38:30 pm by rae »

Simmera

  • Guest
Re: Make Up Gurus (Thread 2)
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2013, 06:49:24 pm »
I love Goss Wayne. Ang dami kong natutunan na tips and techniques sa kanya.
Andreaschoice. Natutuwa ako panoorin siya. Nakangiti lang ako the whole video.
Ana Victorino. I love her makeup looks.
Maricarljanah. I love her eyebrow tutorials. But the way she speaks (or her introductions) is kinda irritating.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close