watch now

Author Topic: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2  (Read 119914 times)

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2012, 04:47:43 am »
I'm reading up on A municipality named "Don Salvador Benedicto" and it's making me curious.

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2012, 07:53:20 am »
^It's the "Little Baguio" daw of Negros Occidental. you can go there on your way to Mambukal or on your way back.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2012, 08:09:21 am »
^I'm not sure if I'll be able to do Mambukal and DSB on the same day.  I'm somethingn of a hiker and I'd want to see all 7 waterfalls of Mambukal in the morning, and just sightsee in the afternoon.  Since I have a free day, I might use that to get to visit DSB.  Same terminal lang naman as the one going to Mambukal ano?

edited to add:

But then.... that would mean I won't be able to visit all the restaurants in Bacolod that I want to visit, tsk.  hehe

Hey, hoopchick, I have an idea.  Di ba sabi mo hindi ka pa nakakapunta sa sa Silay and sa Ruins?  Samahan mo ako!  hahaha  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:12:49 am by Mr.Punch »

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2012, 09:32:37 am »
^same route lang actually yung sa DSB and Mambukal.  I would usually just pass through DSB kase. I haven't really explored the area except for the view deck there and that area where the gravity pull is strong it can even pull a parked car.

I loved hiking the 7 falls of Mambukal. And i'm proud that i didnt take the shortcut in hiking up and going down. hehe. fell flat on my butt twice though. :) If you're a hiker you'd love it too.

hmmmm... Silay and Ruins sounds good. just as long as it's a weekend. since i'll be cooped up in my office most of the day. Yeah i know it's weird that i'm from here yet i haven't gone to those places.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2012, 09:50:33 am »
^Well, I'm arriving this Sunday 6am and then, after checking in at Saltimboca and having breakfast, I plan to go straight to Silay.  Tour-tour, picture-picture....then lunch at Cafe 1925 (I do hope they serve lunch, and not just dessert) ... then tour-tour uli.  I'm a history buff so I don't mind staying long in Silay.... but I hope that won't bore you too much, hehe

Then find my way to the Ruins by 4pm to have snacks, relax and then take photos during the golden hour, then balik Bacolod na to have dinner sa Aida's Manokan Country.  That's the plan so far for day 1.  Hindi muna ako iinom.  The next night na lang. :D  (And besides, all the drinking places will probably be packed as it's a weekend).

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:55 am »
haha. yes they do serve lunch sa Cafe 1925. i can just meet you there for lunch. That depends though, coz im not yet human before noon on a Sunday :D .it will be a challenge coz it will be the first time that i'll commute to Silay. the last time i commuted to Silay was back in college pa yata. Ay you have to check if the museums are open on a Sunday coz usually sarado yun pag linggo.

Don't worry the places for drinking here aren't packed even if it's a weekend. unless you go to places where the kids are. hehe.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2012, 10:06:21 am »
^Really?  Kasi most sources say that the ancestral houses are closed on Mondays.  Hmmm... I might need to look into that further.

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2012, 10:17:53 am »
Let me check with my friends from Silay if these museums are open on Sundays. I'll get back to you.

Well basically there are old houses practically everywhere in Silay. :)

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:33 am »
^ I have my eye set on probably just three - Bernardino Jalandoni, Hofileña and the Balay Negrense, then the Church and Public Plaza.

Thanks for looking into it. :)

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:01 am »
^Balay Negrense is open on Sundays daw. I've heard about the Jalandoni Museum but i don't really know where it is exactly in Silay. Probably it's near the area where we used to buy kakanin. I think everything is within walking distance so you'll be ok.

Cafe 1925 is at the back of BPI and within walking distance to El Ideal Bakery. :) I strongly suggest you try the kakanin sa Silay. Let me know when you're here already.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2012, 10:46:52 am »
I will!  :)  Thanks.

ayionick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2012, 07:25:29 pm »
Mr.Punch, how about going to Silay first before you check-in at Saltimbocca? Since you'll arrive 6am in Silay airport, you can have breakfast in either El Ideal/Cafe 1925 then go directly to your old houses tour. Most of the itineraries I've seen before said that you can finish the Silay tour in 3hrs, so you're done before lunch time. Just the right time for you to check-in in Saltimbocca. Then, you can have food trip between lunch and meryenda time before you go to The Ruins around 4pm.

There's a tricycle bay just outside the gate of the airport, it'll take you to the street across BPI/El Ideal in just 15 minutes. Fare is P10/pax if you have companion or P60/tricycle. Going to Bacolod, you have to ride a jeep with Bata sign in front of El Ideal and drop off at the North terminal. Then ride Mandalagan-Libertad or Bata-Libertad jeep to Lacson, drop off at L'Fisher Hotel. Your jeep travel will take you at most 30 minutes.

Another place to visit din pala is St.Joseph Parish Church aka Church of the Angry Christ.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »
^Thanks.  I'll take that into consideration.  My concern about that kasi is that I'd be carrying my backpack throughout the walking tour.  BUt if there's a place where i can securely leave my backpack while touring, then I'll give that a try.

tammy1979

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:59 pm »
Sis hoopchick.. we're here in gohotels na, buti may wifi hehe. I so love this hotel, it exceeded my expectations as in. Satisfied ako sa location kasi konting tumbling lang mall na, hehe. [textspeak!] nga lang free water or ref pero keri na with the price we paid. Super helpful ng mga directions mo kanina, parang taga rito lang ako kasi lumulugar lang na rin ako then sakay lang kami ng sakay ng jeep hahaha. Nakapag dessert na rin kami sa calea after namin mag Manokan Country. Kumain na kami ng nakakamay kasi di talaga sila nagbigay ng spoon and fork hehe

Do u think kaya namin matapos [textspeak!] 7 falls before lunch kung mag start kami ng 8am?target namin makabalik ng city around 4pm saka kami mag ikot then sa ruins, sama ka sa min ha. Then baka kaya pa namin makagimik sa gabi hehe. Since Sunday wala naman kami masyado plano, gusto ko sana magsimba sa cathedral. May tagalog or english ba na mass? Hehe

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »
^hi sis tammy! good to know you guys didnt get lost. hehe. yup ok ang rooms ng gohotel. i stayed there before it opened to "evaluate" daw. bigay lang ng boss namin yung voucher. hehe. mas cute ang rooms jan compared sa manila.  I think kaya naman yung 7 falls from 8am. Sure sama ako sa inyo. just text me lang kng saan tayo meet. you guys wanna eat fresh seafood na dampa style but way cheaper than the dampa sa manila?

i forgot yung times ng Sunday Mass sa Cathedral. but may english mass sila doon. Sobrang daming tao dun pag Sunday sis. Si Mr. Punch is arriving on Sunday. What do you say we join him for lunch or brunch? hehe ;D


tammy1979

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2012, 05:21:26 am »
We would lovethat dampa style na yan sis, sige go tayo jan later or tom for lunch. See yah later sis, were going to mambukal na, hehe. Text u later, thanks:-)

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2012, 08:03:07 am »
Currently here in El Ideal, waiting for my breakfast to be served. Maambon dito. Buti na lang merong raincover backpack ko. :) See you later hoopchick and tammy!

Lord Byron!!! hehe

ayionick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2012, 11:43:20 pm »
^musta ang lord byron experience nyo? it's so sunny here in manila. maulan pa din ba jan? my officemate was there a week ago at sobrang init naman daw.

hoopchick

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2012, 11:56:16 pm »
^sis....Mr. Punch, Tammy and her friend, and i went to Lord Byron's for lunch.  They seem to like the ribs naman. :) Then i passed by my office for something important then sila nag Calea na. Today nga lang umulan dito eh. It has been sunny for the past few weeks.

tammy1979

  • Guest
Re: Bacolod-Silay-Talisay (Negros Occidental) Thread 2
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:22 am »
Sis ayionick, masarap nga ang ribs sa Lord Byron's hehe. Sabi ko nga kay hoopchick, I'm not really into back ribs pero nung matikman ko ang sa Lord Byrons, parang nagbago na ang isip ko hehe.. Ang laki ng serving at very affordable sya. 2 ribs ang pinaghatian naming 3 girls pero di namin maubos kahit pinapak ko na sya, hehe. ang ending, si mr. punch ang umubos. Agree na agree ako, yummy talaga ang back ribs nila, pero nasa kasuluk-sulukan ng Bacolod ang location, kakaloka hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close