watch now

Author Topic: US TV: Once Upon a Time  (Read 64615 times)

kreez

  • Guest
US TV: Once Upon a Time
« on: October 26, 2011, 02:51:07 am »
I have just watched the pilot episode of this new series from ABC and I loved loved loved the plot, it was very well written.  Looks like there's a new series I'll be hooked with.  :D

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:41 am »
I didn't find the pilot tightly written. There were parts that felt forced and boring, kinulang or pinilit sa kwento . But there really is room for improvement and tons of potential. I love all the TWISTS!  ;)

 The rest of what I thought about the pilot is here.

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 07:27:17 am »
Cg's not perfect but I like this!! Perfect to end the week. Laid back lang..

kreez

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 05:36:00 pm »
I Agree its not perfect but it has a lot of potential the plot is really well thought of.

~aShLiE~

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:15:59 pm »
I wasn't entirely amazed pero mukha namang interesting.

And I love Ginnifer Goodwin!

I like that almost all the fairytale characters are combined. Hindi ko rin lang fave si Snow White. Gusto ko si Sleeping Beauty. ;D


jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 01:42:10 am »
May same concept pala ang cbs dito. Entitled The Grimm. Mas mataas ratings niya sa critics kaysa Once Upon a Time

_gigles_

  • Guest
US TV: Once Upon A Time
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 10:30:22 am »
About:
On the wedding day of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), the Evil Queen (Lana Parrilla) arrives and delivers an ominous threat about a powerful curse she intends to release upon them. Some time later, a pregnant Snow White is worried about the curse and visits Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) who issues a prophecy that the Queen's curse will take them all someplace terrible where there will be no happy endings, except for her. He also reveals that Snow White's unborn daughter, Emma, will return when she is 28 years old to rescue them, thus beginning the final battle with the Queen. On advice from the Blue Fairy, Geppetto (Tony Amendola) and Pinocchio fashion a wardrobe from a magical tree which will allow one person to escape the Queen's curse. On the day Snow White gives birth to her daughter, the Queen's curse strikes. Prince Charming places their daughter in the magic wardrobe, but is mortally wounded battling the Queen's henchmen. The Queen stands triumphantly over Snow White and Prince Charming as the curse takes them to "someplace horrible".

In present day Boston, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) lives a lonely existence working as a bail bondsperson and bounty hunter. After blowing out a candle on a cupcake for her 28th birthday, Emma is approached by a ten year old boy, Henry, who identifies himself as her son, whom she had given up for adoption as a teenager. Not wanting a relationship with him, Emma agrees to drive him back to his home in not-so-quaint Storybrooke, Maine. Along the way, Henry shows her a large book of fairy tales he has, insisting that all of the stories in it are real. When they arrive in Storybrooke, Henry informs her that everyone in town is in reality a fairy tale character, exiled by the curse and with no memory of their real identities. This includes his therapist, who is really Jiminy Cricket, and his teacher Mary Margaret Blanchard, who is really Snow White. He claims that time is frozen in Storybrooke (shown to be 8:15 on the Towns Clock) and the people are unable to leave, but that the curse will be broken by Emma. A skeptical Emma returns Henry to his adopted mother, the town Mayor, who is really the Evil Queen. When Henry soon runs away again, Emma finds him and decides to stay in Storybrooke temporarily. This decision causes the hands of the town clock, previously frozen, to begin moving again.

from wikipedia

----

I think the pilot was good and I'm looking forward to watching next episode, are you guys watching this too?

kaeluscious

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:08 am »
The show is really interesting, the plot even it lack some scenes, i think it'll be a good new series, can't wait for tomorrow lunch time to download the new episode :D

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 09:12:21 am »
I saw the first and second episode. I like the twist at the end. Oh Henry!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:16:12 am by kvandenhaak »

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 10:11:44 am »
May same concept pala ang cbs dito. Entitled The Grimm. Mas mataas ratings niya sa critics kaysa Once Upon a Time

I think Grimm makes Once Upon A Time seem like a child's story. Hehe. Grimm is closest to Supernatural.

I'm really liking the fantasy aspect of OUAT.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 11:09:55 am »
Why is she calling him "Daddy", bakit hindi Father? I thought Daddy is a modern age term.

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 11:13:31 am »
Ang short naman ng screen time ni Maleficent. Anyway, I like watching this with the kids! It's at least something the whole family can watch with little supervision. Hehe. :D

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:36 pm »
First off, crush ko si Sheriff! <3 Hehe. I love his interactions with Emma.

The boy's starting to grow on me. I love how hindi siya nagpapa-uto kay Regina. Jennifer Morrison's a doll. You'll really root for Emma even if she came off as a non-believer to Henry's theories at first.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 11:10:10 am »
si Pam of True Blood is Maleficent. haha

what I like about this is the realistic approach to fairytales, something kids should watch and know that real happy ever after doesnt come easy like the ones we used to hear from fairytales.

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 03:09:39 am »
Sino si Sheriff sa fairytale? The Hunter ba? I cannot figure out. :(

RAMPAGE

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 03:17:20 pm »
I like! I love ginnifer din as snow :)

ginny_potter

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »
Sino si Sheriff sa fairytale? The Hunter ba? I cannot figure out. :(

Fan theories state he could either be The Huntsman/Woodsman or... The Big Bad Wolf. :D

jiabanana

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 02:45:47 am »
^ oooooo... Pwede pwede...

~aShLiE~

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 12:41:00 pm »
The Grimm is darker.

Liking the twists!

Magkamukha nga si Ginnifer and Jennifer noh? The eyes says it all.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 01:32:16 pm »
^agree! is Jennifer blonde ba talaga?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close