Author Topic: BIKING or JOGGING?  (Read 7133 times)

anachanel

• GirlTalker
Re: BIKING or JOGGING?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 03:06:12 pm »
Hi TheGoat!

Yup based my comments on my experience with a cruiser bike and not a real road bike hence the observations. And yes, just riding for fun and not hardcore training for triathlons or anything. That's how I run also - for fun :)

Re: going uphill on a bike, sometimes my bike hardly moves anymore and I'm really standing and trying to push as hard as I can so it's hard yes, but not heart racing like that of a sprint. Maybe if I continue going uphill for a long time then yes I'll get really winded out.

I'll edit my post to clarify my observations. Thanks!

Re: pains while biking I hope I don't experience these things soon! So far the pain in the butt is bearable pa naman. haha! :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:43:41 pm by anachanel »

TheGoat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:49 pm »
Re: pains while biking I hope I don't experience these things soon! So far the pain in the butt is bearable pa naman. haha!

Those usually kicks in during long rides or kung sobrang tagtag ng off-roads na pinuntahan mo.
Let's learn from the pandas.  They're black, they're white and they're Asian.  No discrimination.

faes liza

• Roy+Liz:5/26/2013:I love the Way You Found Me>among the ruins,a love made in sports heaven!
  • Always The Planner, NOW The Runner Bride
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »
 :)jogging!! ang sarap ng feeling pag gising sa umaga!
http://www.mywedding.com/roydigsliz/
http://takbolerabridemarriespingpongero.wordpress.com/

"Marriage means leaping into the unknown,following brand-new dreams.What an adventure it will be w/Love leading the way!

jillnotchill

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 07:37:46 am »
I love biking.  ;D 
araw-araw ako nagbibike from my apartment papuntang office dito sa makati. mga 5mins lang para tipid pamasahe narin  :)
tapos pag fri uuwi nako samin sa dasma, cavite from makati gamit yung bike ganun din pag balik sa  makati. travel time ko is 2-2.30hrs.

pag weekends bike uli mga trail naman around cavite w/ friends naman.

saya magbike!  :D 

kneekee

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Lovin' life. <3
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 09:03:45 am »
I like doing both. But I'm more into running. :) I run regularly, cycling pang crosstrain lang during days when I cant run.

Wearing a sports bra is a mus para ma-avoid yung sinasabi niyo masakit boobs pag nag jog/run. And right shoes too para naman iwas injury. With biking kasi you have to do it longer in order to burn calories the same as the calories burned in running. For example to burn around 400 calories you must cover around 20 kilometers in an hour with biking, in running you can burn around 400-500 calories by running 10kilometers in an hour.

Saka with running all you need is the right shoes to be able to do it. With biking of course you'll need a bike and the right shoes too.
Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves. If girls dressed for boys, they'd just walk around naked at all times." - Betsey Johnson

angeleigh

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 10:17:11 am »
Not an expert, but i think if you are trying to lose weight, jogging is more effective for it involves more muscle. Just make sure to wear sturdy sports bra.

fall2pieces

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 07:37:46 pm »
I still prefer biking. It takes me to more places with almost the same amount of calories burned. 😊
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close