Author Topic: No boyfriend since birth at 29 - advice?  (Read 55697 times)

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
Re: No boyfriend since birth at 29 - advice?
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2014, 05:31:28 am »
Hi prety_ty68

Thanks for your advice. I have some friends who are nbsb, and one of them she is so positive she doesn't worry about being nbsb.

But I think some girls who are nbsb would like to find the right guy one day.

It's just hard for them to take away that worry of never finding him.

You said to pray, and let go of the worries but it's still hard to do that when you're still nbsb at 29 or 30...right?

^
There's a hope for everyone, there are even senior citizens who finds love at their age.

Don't worry much about your status i know it's easier said than done, but I believe that the more you worry about something the more it will become elusive. Enjoy life. Be happy on your own whether he arrives in your life or not.

Actually there is nothing wrong in not being in a relationship, it is just that society makes us believe that we should be with someone. Kanya kanya tayo nang kapalaran may for married life may hindi. Pray. Let Go of your worries. I believe that nothing is impossible to God. If he wants you to be with someone he will arrange the events for you to meet, but it does not hurt also to join activities where you might meet him, but join the activities because you want it not primarily because you want to meet someone who could be your significant other.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2014, 11:02:52 pm »

One advice I can give para sa mga NBSB na late 20s early 30s.  Read up - about relationships.  Since you have not experienced one, it is good to know how to date, how to meet guys, how to handle relationships, get to know the opposite sex, etc.

Para naman once a guy approaches you, you won't look too excited or too eager, eh baka naman hindi sya yung hinihintay mo, yung 2nd one pala. 

Tapos you will be able to decipher din kung sincere ang guy, what you should expect once you want to start a relationship, etc. 

girlush

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2015, 09:10:02 am »

What do you look for in a spouse?

Are you the kind of person whose main focus is glued on to what’s on the outside? (the outer appearance/looks/physique) or are you the kind of person who cares what is on the inside? (the heart, relationship with Jesus, Spirit-guided actions).

Being true to yourself saves you from disappointments.

How many of you can honestly say that you told God who you wanted and gave Him a huge wish list of positive adjectives that explicitly described your future wife or husband? Some of you may have shared your dream man or woman with a friend. As embarrassing as it may seem, some of us have even created our dream spouse from romantic movies.

I will be the first to admit it. I gave God a list and shared my ideal kind of woman to my group of friends. It was silly of me to do, but as I matured in Christ, I have realized that is not how God works. I have learned that God gives you who you need, not who you “think” you want because you are not wise enough to know your need. Therefore, as a result, you become irritable, frustrated, and angry with God because you have not met the person that you expected Him to give you as an answer to your prayers. I love this quote…

“Love doesn’t always come packaged the way you expect. Don’t throw out the right person just because they came in what you thought was the wrong box.” -Pastor YPJ

The quote speaks volumes! This quote comes from, or I should say, is determined by a person’s daily walk with Christ. I want to break down four points that I believe will better help you to understand the difference between a “want vs. need.”

1. What we want

Ladies are delicate emotional creatures. That is how God designed them to be; they are fragile. As a child, they are raised and taught to be a lady of good quality if they wanted a man to sweep them from their feet. Some had a childhood of practicing early marriage ceremonies, being the wife/mom as they play house, and directing life scenarios with their dolls. Many enjoy the Soap Operas, romantic tales, and movies (The NoteBook). All of the princess happily-ever-after stories can influence their expectation of what the perfect man would be like.

Girls are building their own imaginary prince charming from what those romantic stories have taught them. They create a man in their imagination, adding and choosing the parts that are appealing to them. So now, their mind is filled with a false ideal man who they will never meet because that man does not exist! It is hard for some women to accept a good man with pure intentions when the man she meets is not packaged the way she imagined him to be.

The same for men. They are visual creatures though. The romantic novels, movies, and shows do not suit them well. Some admire to have a woman with the physical looks of a Victoria Secret model paired with the practical skills and heart of their mother. That woman does not exist! We are constantly disappointed because of unmet expectations.

2. God desires for us

God does not put two perfect people together because neither would be of help or beneficial for one another. God gives you your other half (your missing rib). In Genesis 2:17-25 the Lord saw it was not good for man to be alone, so He made a helper suitable for him. While Adam was asleep, the Lord took one of the Adam’s ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of Adam, and He brought her (Eve) to Adam. The two of them were one flesh together. She had Adam’s rib, and Adam’s rib was inside of her.

3. God will give you what is yours

There are many of you who are lacking something in your life, because you are missing your rib. And the rib you are missing has the qualities you lack such as organization skills, time management, spiritual growth, study skills, leadership skills, and the list continues. God will join the qualities you have in your rib and the qualities in their rib so that you both can come together to make a good fit.

4. There is hope

Each person has their strengths and weaknesses; that is God’s way of allowing both partners (one man and one woman) to play a role in a marriage that compliments each other. Remember, God has your life already planned out. All you have to do is to continue to keep your eyes on Him. (see. Jeremiah 29:11 & Matthew 6:33)

http://shawnmckenzie.net/your-missing-rib/

If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else - Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover"

eye_catcher09

• Probationary
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2016, 01:18:54 pm »
it doesn't help pa mga "advice" ng mga tao, "wag mo hanapin, dadating yan" so minsan yung iba literally nagaantay lang. The advices here are nice, I don't believe na literally "antayin" lang at magically dadating lol

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2016, 07:29:31 pm »
^You have to make an effort to find it. Put yourself out there.  Parang mga produkto lang yan. Doesn't matter how good it is, if no one knows it exists, no one will buy.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

iggy40

• GirlTalker
  • I am therefore I think
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:10 am »
Original post was 2011, I wonder if shes still NBSB... Anyway I agree with last couple of posts here. Dont just wait, stop sitting around reading fb posts, go out there and meet people. Expand your network and know the people in your community. When youre in public, dont glue yourself sa phone mo, look around and smile.
Of course, pray pa rin to God na wag ka basta basta ibigay kung sino man. :)

IamMarieLove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2016, 01:01:43 pm »
I have a friend, she's 28 and still NBSB. The problem with her is she doesn't know how to socialize or engage herself with other people. She holds a high position in the office and literally, her life has been office-house-office-house for the past 8 years. Ako, I always tell her to date and since walang lalaki sa circle niya, I tried arranging her a date with my colleagues kasi I work in the industry na dominated by men but still ayaw niya. She said she has plans to settle down naman but the right one is not yet around.

I asked myself the same question na tama lang ba na maghinatay ng MR. Right and I think the answer is NO. Dapat may gawin din para mahanap mo siya. Right after realizing it, I started engaging in talks and communication with the opposite sex. Hindi naman sa atat na akong magka BF, I'm still at my early 20s and I've dated before naman kaya lang hindi talaga yong deep na relationship pero lately I realize na I want to be in a more mature relationship so I can grow as a person pa. For now, wala pa akong name-memeet na masasabi ko, I can start something with this person but I'm hoping and praying na sana if will ni God na dumating siya eh dumating siya. 
Love God above everything else and love yourself like nobody does!

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2016, 02:31:07 am »
^No, you still have to put out yourself out there. So, it's not necessarily naghahanap ka. No one will know you are out there if you don't "advertise". Baka marami ng nakaraan na possible Mr. Right dun ke girl but the guys don't know she's out there.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2016, 06:40:24 am »

^ agree
^^ sis iammarielove, some people just want to be on their own, just let them be. For all you know she might have a crush on someone or a BF hehe Or Baka gf hanap nya kaya ayaw makipag date sa guy :))

IamMarieLove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2016, 12:04:14 pm »
^Yes sis. After that hindi na ako nag set ng ibang dates for her. Hahaha natawa ako sa baka gf hanap niya. Well it's her life naman and as a friend, i think I just need to support her sa kung ano yong gusto niya :)

Pero sis napapaisip lang ako, yong insecurity ng isang tao could it be one reason why a person finds it hard to have a partner? Diba kasi minsan nasasabi ng tao na ang pangit ko kaya hindi na ako makakanap ng partner. Mga ganyang insecurities ba.
Love God above everything else and love yourself like nobody does!

iggy40

• GirlTalker
  • I am therefore I think
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2016, 01:50:54 am »
Such cases requires self-healing or self-improvement. They may have gone through a tough childhood, (bullying or centre of pistaan) kaya ganun. Pero if they acknowledge that 'pangit ako' then they have to do something about it, right? Problems dont get fixed by looking up sa heaven and doing nothing. Im sure they know that they need to do something, they just dont want to do it lang.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close