watch now

Author Topic: US TV: American Horror Story  (Read 42454 times)

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
US TV: American Horror Story
« on: October 06, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »
New TV series came out today. Looks promising! As a fan of Supernatural, Medium, Ghost Whisperer and Walking Dead, I'm super excited that another supernatural themed tv series is out!

From Wikipedia
American Horror Story follows the Harmon family, Ben, Vivien and Violet, who move from Boston to Los Angeles after Vivien has a miscarriage and Ben has an affair with one of his students. The family moves to a decrepit mansion, unaware that the once noble home is haunted. Ben and Vivien try to rekindle their relationship while Violet suffers from depression.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:35 pm »
Was just done watching a few minutes ago...and I can't decide if it's good or bad yet. I'm still processing.

It's a weird show though, that much I can say. And I don't know if that's the "style". This is, after all, created by the same two guys (gays) who created Glee...and I'm not so impressed by how they do TV shows.

Anyway, Connie Britton is the one bright spot for me. She is awesome.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:30:50 pm »
^Inaantay ko feedback mo dyan sis haha After watching Nip/Tuck and Glee (used to be a fan of these shows), nakaka-disappoint yung progress ng story and like you said, hindi rin ako impressed sa creators. Parang sa simula lang sila magaling.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:19 pm »
I'm still conflicted. But I'm leaning towards watching it again next week. Ang weird.

Review: Where is the story in AMERICAN HORROR STORY?

lytblu

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
what channel to pinapalabas and what time?

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »
I'm watching it now... so far ok naman sya. Too early to judge if the series will turn out like Glee etc.

And I will definitely keep watching to find out for myself :) I love scary movies/shows!

tsokolat

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »
sana ipalabas yan dito sa pinas

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »
I just finished watching this, umm its ok but not really that good. Its not even scary at all parang its more of a place surrounded by psychos.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:34:10 am »
Sakit sa mata nung isang scene nung tinatakot nila yun bully sa basement! Kasi yun lights e ;D

Pero ang freaky/weird nung first ep. Sana lang hindi maging corny yun mga scary scenes. So far, the scary scenes in the first ep were nothing I haven't seen in other scary movies before. So ok lang.

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:55:12 am »
Ang weird nung rubber man! Kadiri. I read an interview that it's Dylan McDermott in that costume, they custom made the rubber to his body's frame talaga. Kung hindi siya nakahubad, naka rubber naman! LOL. I wonder what's the significance of that one.

I scare easy and madali akong ma-off sa mga ganyang weird images, makes me uncomfortable.

The kid, yung boy on therapy, he's the scariest one of all. Psycho yung bata na yun.

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 06:29:32 am »
ako naman nandiri dun sa maid na matanda tapos inaakit si Ben. Kung ano ano pa ginagawa! Kadiri talaga!

Sa eyes ni Ben, bata and maganda si maid pero hindi naman. Yuck!

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 09:43:43 am »
^and yung neighbor diba she told her "dont make me kill you again" does that mean shes dead? and the neighbor knows whats up with the house?

Pinakanatatakot ako for the dog! haha wala sana masamang mangyari sa kanya

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:01 am »
^yun nga eh! Is she really dead kaya? Or alive, tipong pinatay ni Constance pero nabuhay lang? ???

Parang Constance knows nga kung ano meron dun sa bahay kasi diba sabi nya kay Ben, "it's not your time yet" when he was sleepwalking and muntik na nya sunugin yun sarili nyang kamay?

Confusing pa!

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 11:00:34 am »
It is confusing talaga, and how was the burnt dude able to get out of the fire where he burn his family at? kasi ang pinakita he was at the middle of the fire. And was the house rebuild or the mystery of it didnt got burned down?

Ang dami kong tanong with this series that I think I would want to watch the next episode pa.

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 05:21:37 pm »
hindi kaya ghost na silang lahat, I mean the maid, the psycho kid and Constance and her kid? kasi how were they able to just keep entering or popping in the house?

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 03:27:38 pm »
I have a copy for EP1 na but decided to watch it later in the evening para naman feel ko ang horror haha

Saw this review from NYTimes pala:
http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/arts/television/american-horror-story-on-fx-review.html

Sobrang spot on nito ha:

One of the early questions about “American Horror Story” on FX has been whether fans of the chirpy Fox musical series “Glee” would follow the producers and writers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk to a new show billed as an extreme (for television) creepfest. Based on Wednesday’s premiere, the Gleeks should feel perfectly at home with “Horror Story.” The similarities are greater than the differences, and they start with the love of excess that stretches through “Glee” and back to the first Murphy-Falchuk collaboration, “Nip/Tuck.”

Other, less palatable hallmarks of their method are here as well: a certain hollow theatricality, a willingness to accept one-dimensional characters and pat story lines while concentrating on stylish set pieces and shock effects, the way every line of dialogue and situation seems to sit within invisible quotation marks.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »
Pinanuod ko na and I agree, its not good nor bad pero for me its not scary at all. Confusing lang siya kung tutuusin haha Yung way of presenting it pala pati yung sa credits and yung simula, tulad sa mga old horror movies.

At napansin ko lang na yung mga actors sa True Blood eh nandito, yung younger maid and si brain cancer/half-burnt face neighbor. Galing umarte ni Denis O'Hare, yung umiiyak siya, pati ako naawa haha

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »
hindi kaya ghost na silang lahat, I mean the maid, the psycho kid and Constance and her kid? kasi how were they able to just keep entering or popping in the house?

Yan rin ang tingin ko. Parang sa The Others....may ibang "occupants" na yung bahay. Although siyempre yung sa The Others may twist. Gayahin rin kaya nila?

_gigles_

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 05:00:57 pm »
^iniisip ko rin yan, na parang their ghost is attached with the house or something. Ang weird lang kasi how were they able to keep getting inside the house malamang naman kasi nilolock nila yung bahay diba?

If they aimed this to be a horror show they failed big time, most of the horror stints they did are something that has been done with other horror shows na.

Parang ang hilig nila sa mga special child? sa Glee si Becky and yung sister ni Sue, dito naman yung anak ni Constance

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: US TV: American Horror Story
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42:59 pm »
^Si Ryan Murphy kasi eh haha He directed the first episode pa diba.

I agree, yung shots niya, tulad din sa ibang horror movies. For me na marami na napanuod, hindi na siya effective na nakakatakot.

Yung sa door. Diba most Americans don't lock their doors talaga so baka ganun nga at nakakapasok. Nagtataka lang ako sa husband, bakit naghahallucinate siya.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close