watch now

Author Topic: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements  (Read 125478 times)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2013, 05:44:46 pm »
@annecel, whatever mode of transportation you indicate in your IT be sure you have supporting docs to show i.e. plane or train reservations, car rental, etc. (if you're doing DIY). You don't have to buy your tickets just yet, reservations will do. The embassy even advises applicants not to buy their ex MNL tickets until after their visas are approved. 


melvel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:04 pm »
I have a slightly related question.  Our trip  is Manila-London-Paris-Manila.  We take the Eurostar from London to Paris.

1.  I just have to show my reservation for tickets from Manila to London and Paris to Manila for purposes of applying for the Schengen visa, right?  Kasi I can't reserve Eurostar tickets, I have to purchase them outright. 

2.  Since we're only staying in Paris our entire trip there, what will we show sa itinerary?  We'll just say we'll be in Paris lang for five days?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:45 am »
^Yes to both questions. When asked about your transportation from London to Paris, just tell them what you just said about the Eurostar tickets.

 

sky_butterfly17

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2013, 12:49:42 pm »
Done with my interview this morning. They just asked me 2 questions, How long i have been in the company and my current position...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:08:37 pm by sky_butterfly17 »

vanillamist

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
Mga kapatid pwede ka ba mag apply ng visa kahit wala ka pa talaga pag ssstayan? mahirap ba magpa approve nito?kelangan ba malaki savings? Gusto ko sana pumunta france this year kaya gusto ko paghandaan ang pag aaply ng visa dito..

annecel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »
@annecel, whatever mode of transportation you indicate in your IT be sure you have supporting docs to show i.e. plane or train reservations, car rental, etc. (if you're doing DIY). You don't have to buy your tickets just yet, reservations will do. The embassy even advises applicants not to buy their ex MNL tickets until after their visas are approved.

Thanks mamasqueak! just like sis melvel, I was told that i'll have to buy the airfare outright if we were to travel within europe that's why I was hesistant to get a booking. Sayang since medyo cheap pa naman if I buy now. We already have bookings though for our trip to and from Europe. :)

riksy07

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »
Sisses! I forgot to cancel my flight booking with CX and the deadline for the payment of the booking I made already passed. That's okay lang naman right? Do I still need to call them up and cancel pa or bayaan ko na lang? I did buy my tickets (different from the flights I booked) from them din but online nga lang.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2013, 09:09:56 am »
^if lagpas na sa payment deadline your booking is good as cancelled. Automated naman yung reservations system nila.

 :)

melodymedley

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »
Was there any change in the rules for reapplying if a Schengen Visa is refused?

I plan to submit my docs using VFS Services- the preferred provide for the Spanish Consulate here.
According to their website, I a have to reapply for 6 months after a denial/refusal?  ??? In my experience before with the Italian embassy, I was able to reapply immediately.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/spain/philippines/tourist_faq.html

Q.25    When can I reapply; is there a timeframe after the refusal that I must wait before reapply?
Ans    You may re-apply 6 months after you were denied or refused a visa.

I am thinking it should be the same rule across all Schengen countries, or this is not so reliable?


mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #489 on: February 17, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »
^not familiar with that ruling but I'm confident you'll get your visa approved. You already have a good travel history, no reason for you to be denied.

 :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:54:07 pm by mama squeak! »

pastek898

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2013, 02:24:06 pm »
hello everyone!

A friend of mine is interested to travel in Paris and Germany. With Germany as the one she will be staying longest. The biggest dilemma is that she resigned from work last September 2012. She has been earning a lot from her previous job and saved up big amount. She's turning 40 this year.

Will it be a hindrance if she apply for the visa?

Thank you in advance

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »
Was there any change in the rules for reapplying if a Schengen Visa is refused?

I plan to submit my docs using VFS Services- the preferred provide for the Spanish Consulate here.
According to their website, I a have to reapply for 6 months after a denial/refusal?  ??? In my experience before with the Italian embassy, I was able to reapply immediately.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/spain/philippines/tourist_faq.html

Q.25    When can I reapply; is there a timeframe after the refusal that I must wait before reapply?
Ans    You may re-apply 6 months after you were denied or refused a visa.

I am thinking it should be the same rule across all Schengen countries, or this is not so reliable?



this is correct. my friend was denied by the spanish embassy. she reapplied/ appealed right after and was denied a second time since the policy was you can only apply after 6mos.

but i'm also confident you will be given a visa :D

melvel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:03 am »
Kinabahan naman ako sa 6 months na yan!  So if I get denied sa French embassy, I have to wait for six months to re-apply?  Yikes!

Vinovino

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #493 on: February 20, 2013, 12:50:22 am »
guys I have this huge dilemma. I intend to travel within schengen states (never been to Europe pero medyo traveled naman, have been to the US many times - where nearly all of my relatives are, japan, canada, mexico, other asian countries din, never overstayed) kaya lang i can't find non-refundable plane tickets for flying between schengen states. these flight tickets (budget tickets pa) will cost me about $300 siguro, & i won't be able to get this amount back if i'm refused a visa (syempre there's always a chance diba?) what do i do? i was informed na i need to present daw yung actual itinerary ko, if i intend to travel talaga to other destinations apart from spain. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:52:15 am by Vinovino »

paulina19

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #494 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:29 am »
Hi mga sizzes... I got an email from.. VFS to have an appointment in France embassy fro the Schengen visa on 28 February...so far ok na ang mga requirements ko, just i need to wait for the travel insurance which is very important daw.  I am here nga pala in Dubai...as  a reward to myself for succesfulyy having my kids studied here for one year and got an award sa Work  ( Share lang po ;) :) Cross finger sana maaprove ako.  I will let you know mga sizz...dami kong natutunan dito sa thread in securing my docs...

tenshougi

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2013, 02:02:23 am »
Hello everyone! This thread proved to be really helpful and inspiring for me to finally decide to make my European travel come true.  8) I'm applying in French embassy for my Schengen visa and what worries me is how to prove that I'm not gonna be a flight risk?. This will be my 3nd out of country travel (first is Hong Kong then US). US travel was company sponsored and was issued 1 month single entry US Visa. I'm employed at the same company for 5 yrs na. I have around 100K++ in my savings and honestly that's all I got. I have no other properties to show them. And yes, I'm single.  :)What do you think are my chances of getting a Schengen Visa? Thanks!!!

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »
Kinabahan naman ako sa 6 months na yan!  So if I get denied sa French embassy, I have to wait for six months to re-apply?  Yikes!

that was for the spanish embassy :) not sure what the policy of the french embassy :)

melvel

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »
Hello everyone! This thread proved to be really helpful and inspiring for me to finally decide to make my European travel come true.  8) I'm applying in French embassy for my Schengen visa and what worries me is how to prove that I'm not gonna be a flight risk?. This will be my 3nd out of country travel (first is Hong Kong then US). US travel was company sponsored and was issued 1 month single entry US Visa. I'm employed at the same company for 5 yrs na. I have around 100K++ in my savings and honestly that's all I got. I have no other properties to show them. And yes, I'm single.  :)What do you think are my chances of getting a Schengen Visa? Thanks!!!

They will need to see that you have sufficient funds to support your trip.  I personally don't think P100,000 is enough. 

tenshougi

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »
I see...  :( Thanks Melvel for you feedback. Akala ko OK na yung 100K. I bought a refundable ticket na sa Cathay. So less that I still have 100K. Magkano ba dapat nasa bank just to be on a safe side for the visa to be approved?

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Schengen Visa Application (2) Check 1st page for the Requirements
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2013, 06:25:31 pm »
@Vinovino, one of the requirements in applying for a Schengen Visa is to have an itinerary of your trip. If you will be with a packaged tour, then all you have to show is the voucher issued by the travel agency. But if you are doing a DIY tour then you will have to show the embassy among other things is how you will be getting from one place to the other as your itinerary states.

I'm afraid there is no other choice but to purchase tickets unless you can find a way of just doing the bookings. If you did some back reading on this thread you would have noticed that most of the GTs here have taken the risk of purchasing their tickets in advance for two reasons: one, because it is needed as part of their itinerary (if traveling to different places) and two, to take advantage of the cheap fares offered for tickets  bought early. If it's any encouragement to you, these GTs have been approved their visas. Of course I'm not saying that buying your tickets will guarantee a visa ha. There are still a lot of factors the embassy considers i.e. travel history, capacity to finance the travel, etc.

Good luck on your application!


@tenshougi, my first question and I'm sure you will be asked the same one by the consul is "how will you pay for your trip?".  Now, if you tell them you have so and so money in the bank. I will echo what melvel just said. I don't think EUR1800 (roughly converted) will take you anywhere. Unless somebody will be sponsoring your travel there ha.

Just think about it, a round trip ticket, the cheapest you can get will set you back  Php45,000. That leaves you with Php55,000 or roughly EUR1000 to spend for your board and lodging. Let's say for two weeks you will be staying in a hostel at EUR30/night plus pa meals na tipid-tipid and transpo. You'll be spending around EUR80-90/day, hindi pa kasama yung attraction fees nyan ha.

Not to discourage but the reality is 100K is not enough to finance your Euro travel. If you have double that amount you could probably get away with it. Of course, it's still up to you to apply or not. Malay mo the consul is feeling generous  ::)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close