watch now

Author Topic: Ateneo Prep Exam  (Read 80617 times)

aceofhearts

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 10:59:09 am »
Thanks Marose17 for your advice. I truly appreciate it.  :)

yhen128

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »
Thank you so much. Mukang ako yung sobrang nervous at stressed, I hope all of them will pass the exam, coz all we want naman is the best for them. My son will be only turning 5 yo this September medyo nagwoworry ako but pasok naman sa age bracket nila for grade 1. Kaya lang di ko alam kung for prep level ba sya or grade 1 na. He finished nursery 1&2 and he's now in kinder. If you have some more advice and tips please do so, highly appreciated. Thanks you

wilsiesalas

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 09:33:56 am »
Dear Mommies,

I would like to commend everyone, as to how thorough and hands you all are on your children's education.  Now I would like to humbly ask if this plan of mine is possible.  I would want to put my kid/s (2 boys) on a preschool first year, then take the entrance test to ateneo thereafter.

Do you have feedback on the ff schools?
1. Little Sandbox
2. DML Montessori in New Manila
3. Abba's Orchard
4. Kidschool in Scout area QC
5. Mothergoose Playskool
6.  Miriam preschool (Child Center)

Please gimme naman po your feedbacks on this schools.

Thanks

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »
^ Wise plan.  Since Ateneo does not have a preschool and kindergarten, grade 1 is the entry level to the grade school.  Your boys will take the entrance test when they're 5 years old.

Abba's Orchard (Blue Ridge) is a Montessori school.  I have visited the school and I like it.

Miriam CSC is a traditional preschool. It's good training ground for kids who are going to Ateneo and Miriam.

DML Montessori has good reviews based on friends who sent their kids there.

wilsiesalas

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »
Thank you Marose17.  I hope this one will work
So they will take the test when they are 5?
I though there is an exam for a 4y6m and one for 5y6m?

Thanks

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 09:10:43 am »
^ There's only one exam for grade school entry in Ateneo and that is for grade 1 level. Your son's date of birth is relevant as to when he can be qualified to take the exam for grade 1. Prep has been scrapped due to K-12.  You can check the Ateneo grade school website for details. :)

May I suggest also that you communicate to the preschool head/principal/directress that Ateneo is your target school.

tamsie

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 04:04:42 pm »
Thanks marose17 for your tips. I agree with looping in the teacher or school head regarding the parents' big school plans.  In one of my son's preschool PTCs last schoolyear, I told the school directress that OUR target school is AGS.

I went to AGS this morning with the hubby (and my parents!) to submit the forms and documents. My son's test schedule is on September 3, 1:45pm. Good luck to us, parents!

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 09:37:03 am »
Grade 1 applicants for SY 2014-2015 must be born between September 30, 2007 to October 30, 2008.

mom.of.inchikoy

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2013, 08:15:50 am »
^ marose, iniba nila ang age bracket ng kids noh? ibig sabihin by next school application (2015-2016) magiging Nov 1 2008 - Dec 30 2009 kaya? or october 31 2009? --dito kasi ako mag aapply for Dihia naman

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2013, 11:24:12 am »
^ Baka dahil sa K-12 ito.  Last year ang cut-off date October 1, 2007.

yhen128

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 01:15:34 pm »
Hi tamsie, hope our sons can make it. My son's test schedule will be on sept 9, 7:45am. Godbless us all. To all the mommies, thanks for the advice.

aceofhearts

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2013, 11:43:34 am »
Hi sis, would you know if I can reschedule the test in the afternoon? 7:45 din kasi schedule ng son ko. Worry ko is, he's not a morning person lalo na exam pa yun.   :) Thanks!

yhen128

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
Hi, sorry I have no idea, worried nga din ako kasi sobrang aga. I will let him sleep early the day before na lang.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »
Traffic is really bad in the morning and parking slots inside the campus are hard to find once you hit 7:00 am.  I suggest that you do a test drive a week or two before the exam date to have an idea.  It's better to be early. :)  You can also visit the school so that your son may familiarize himself with the surroundings.

yhen128

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2013, 06:21:52 pm »
Thanks so much for the advice  :)

PinkAbyss

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2013, 10:20:43 am »
I think easy lang makapasok sa ateneo. All the kids i know na nag exam pasok naman. Kaya may biruan kung minsan na as long as may pambayad ng tuition ata pasok na. depende na lang if makatagal sila or makahabol sa academics kapag na accept na sila. Dami naman tutor na pwede hire. Make sure lang na they speak filipino. understand filipino pwede na rin kahit no speak.

AyN

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »
hi sis wilsiesalas. my son studied in Mothergoose playskool marikina for 3 years before he got accepted in ateneo for grade 1.

i can say that MGP was definitely a good choice for us because the school program helped my son build his confidence particularly in public speaking. At 3 years old, he was made to memorize an eight-liner which he delivered on stage in front of a big crowd. he did it with flying colors. :-) They call it festival of words that happens every December.

 They have another branch in Salcedo Village, Makati which has more foreign students. I think most are kids of expats.



tamsie

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »
Hi sis, I think the parents are more stressed than the kids. Dedma lang sila! My son's exam was yesterday PM. Good luck to your little boy, sis!

Hi tamsie, hope our sons can make it. My son's test schedule will be on sept 9, 7:45am. Godbless us all. To all the mommies, thanks for the advice.

tamsie

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 08:01:18 pm »
Thanks so much for this, sis. Really helped. Even if PM ang exam ni little boy.

Traffic is really bad in the morning and parking slots inside the campus are hard to find once you hit 7:00 am.  I suggest that you do a test drive a week or two before the exam date to have an idea.  It's better to be early. :)  You can also visit the school so that your son may familiarize himself with the surroundings.

tamsie

  • Guest
Re: Ateneo Prep Exam
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »
Someone PM'd me to ask if the kids need to bring pens/pencils. There's really no need. Just bring your son and his test permit :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close