Author Topic: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?  (Read 52305 times)

spartan

  • Guest
Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:36:33 am »
If you could choose one, would you rather be more extremely physically attractive or extremely intelligent?

These two characteristics play big roles in having advantages in life.



assie

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:34:43 am »
extremely physically attractive pero sana meron kahit konting katalinohan lang, pwede ba yun?  ;D ayoko naman maging sobrang maganda pero sobrang bobita naman :(

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:44:44 am »
Kung 1 lang talaga, physically attractive.ha!ha!

rianne_mallows

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:46:34 am »
ako.. extremely physically attractive ;D

ang maganda, pwede mag-aral para tumalino.. libre

ang panget, kailangan plastic surgery.. magastos haha

peace ;D

k_heart

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:52:34 am »
^ha!ha!ha!

PinKisH_23

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:57:45 am »
Kung talagang wala na akong choice yung to be Physically Attractive nalang. Pwede din akong yumaman kahit attractive lang ako. pwede din naman akong maging madiskarte na hindi masyadong intelligent.

assie

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:02:59 pm »
ako.. extremely physically attractive ;D

ang maganda, pwede mag-aral para tumalino.. libre

ang panget, kailangan plastic surgery.. magastos haha

peace ;D

may TAMA ka sis! ayluvit ;D

spartan

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 12:15:06 pm »
Interesting answers.

Most choose looks over smarts.

juana_antonia

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 12:17:15 pm »
Me too, I'd prefer to be physically attractive over being intelligent. 

pressany

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »
Extremely attractive!  If you need to move a mountain, Ms. Intelligent needs to come up with a plan, build a machine, gather tools and hire people to do it, while Ms. Beautiful just need to flutter her lashes and men will come running to bulldoze the mold for her. 

super bratinella

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 08:02:23 pm »
Intelligent and at least decent looking. I really love somebody I can talk too anything under the sun until we get old. Physical attractive will soon fade and  can sometime cause a headache to most women...

MissChievous

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 09:20:21 pm »
I want to be both!  ;D Being attractive do have its advantages, kahit saan ka lang.

Ysabelli

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 09:21:11 pm »
Honestly I prefer to be extremely intelligent, I can think of ways to get rich & such magpaparetoks nalang ako. Pero I hope sana maganda ang bone structure ko, ayoko ng full on retoke mukha pa din ako kabayo like Divine Lee (sorry ha nagsasabi lang po ng totoo at nagsasaad ng opinyon)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 06:00:07 am »
If it's completely conditional and irreversible, hands down, extremely intelligent. For a number of reasons:

1. Beauty isn't a stand-alone power. I can never fully utilize it if I'm dumb. And in a society wherein there are already a lot of attractive people, wherein the ugly can be considered a special interest group nyaha, chances are all I'd ever be good for is a regular hitchhiker on the Bangbus. Now, if I'm super intelligent, I'll be able to convince people to sleep with me no matter how vile I am. Stranger things have happened. Sex would be a piece of cake.

2. Beauty is taxing and expensive to maintain. Sabagay, education can be pricey but then again, we're talking about a super brain. Intellect so formidable, so powerful, it can waitlist Harvard and MIT instead of the other way around.

3. Sure, beauty endears you to people and practically guarantees a thriving social life. But occasionally, you'd also have to fend off undesirable companions. Why go through all that trouble when you can CREATE your own friends? Lol parang Blade Runner lang.

4. Thanks to PC, people won't be able to call me ugly to my face. They'll say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and there's a little bit of truth in that. Different cultures, different standards of beauty, unlike intelligence, which is universal. All I have to do is find a country where I'll be considered decent looking. If that still doesn't work, I'd find another planet. My super brain will have me jetting off to space in no time.

5. You'll need a stroke of luck to make money out of good looks. With intelligence, you're more in control and all you touch is a stroke of genius. The brain's purchasing power is higher and more sustainable than that of a pretty face.

;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:07:05 am by mooncake and leaves »

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 08:21:22 am »
I would choose to be extremely intelligent.

If you are even just average  intelligent, lol, you'd find a way or figure out how to make yourself very attractive -- assuming, you see the need for such.  How much does a boob,butt or nose job, dental works, skin treatment cost nowadays?  People  from Cubao can now afford and get in the Phils what the matronas of Forbes used to keep as secrets.  These solutions do not cost an arm and a leg anymore.

IMO, It  is not enough to be very attractive -- you need some intelligence to use that to get somewhere. Or at least, to sort out the dead-end proposals from the worthwhile ones.  Now, IMO -- it is much, much harder to acquire smarts than engineered beauty.   

In the long run, intelligence is what makes self-determination more achievable;  and gives you the best life insurance you can get for  yourself, plus the lifestyle  you really want for yourself.  Imagine what superior intelligence can get you! World domination? Hahaha

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:31:56 am by aquacharly »

baliwsayo

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 10:36:05 am »
Extremely physically attractive din ako. Inaalala ko kasi mga magiging anak ko eh, ayokong maapi sila.  ;D Kidding aside, let's face it.. realistically speaking, ang intelligence, ang dami mo pa kailangan i-prove just to get on top.. while with an extremely pretty face, everything is easy lang.  ;)

numonorean

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 01:11:11 pm »
Interesting responses. 

I'd still take extremely intelligent on any given day.  The options did not indicate that I will be ugly, I will just not be extremely attractive.  Wala din naman kasi akong magagawa sa ganda ko kung sakali.  My own face will not amuse me.  Besides, I find smart people extremely attractive.

anirazc anasor

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 09:57:03 am »
extremely beautiful but totaly bobita is an extremely major turn off.
i dont want people saying na puro superficial lang ako.
ang matalino kahit pangit, nirerespeto.
ang magandang bobo, nilalait.

at the end of it all. i prefer intelligence.
beauty is bliss. intelligence last til your dying day.

milktealove

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »
between the two, physically attractive.. The world is just more forgiving, loving and filled with opportunities to the beautiful. I also think that the beauties have more fun.

pressany

  • Guest
Re: Is it better to be Physically Attractive or Intelligent?
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:11 am »
We talked about this topic sa barkada, and one interesting response is from a guy.  Sabi nya, pag ang developer mo maganda kahit palpak ang gawa hindi mo talaga mapagalitan, pero pag hindi kagandahan ineexpect mo na magaling ang pagkakagawa at pagpumalpak nakakainit ng ulo. 

Another case for extremely beautiful side, I know someone who's not "that intelligent" but now occupies a very influential post in the gov't (legislative).  I'm not saying she slept her way up to the post as she was elected but before she became an elected official, her "beauty" catapulted her to high positions thus opening doors for her.  And rumor goes that if the chamber needs to "convince" an influential foreign head, they send her to do the convincing.  Beauty does it! 

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close