watch now

Author Topic: i pity myself!  (Read 14625 times)

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »
That's the spirit sis! Dapat para kang politician, mamudmod ka ng resume, lol!  Then on the actual interview, don't be disappointed if you dont get the job. Kasi after mga 3 or 4 interviews, yung mga susunod, cool na cool ka na nun, wala ng tension &  you'll feel confident.

Sometimes when you don't get what you're praying for, its either God thinks you're not yet ready for it or He plans to surprise you with something BIG! Trust me on this sis, the Lord is very good in giving pleasant surprises! I will include you in my prayers sis.

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:03 pm »
^Salamat ng marami sis sa pagkukusang isama ako sa prayers mo.. Siguro nga meron syang magandang plano kaya ganito ang nangyayare. Naniniwala kasi ako na lahat ng nangyayare may dahilan. Sana lang, dumating na yung itinadhanang buhay para sa akin, sa ating lahat na naghihintay at naguguluhan pa. :)

haay.. minsan ang hirap intindihin ng mga nangyayari at minsan kelangan lang nating maniwalang sa kabila ng mga nangyayare eh, may maganda itong patutunguhan di ba? lahat naman nakaplano ayon sa kagustuhan ni Lord. Kelangan lang nating maghintay at magtiwala sa Kanya. :)

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 12:20:26 pm »
You're welcome Green-aholic. I went through this 5 years ago. It came to a point where I was ready to settle to a job that I don't really like since I need the money. But the Lord is faithful. He surprised me with a much better job, a good boss & my own office. But you have to do your part sis. Di ba nga sabi ng mga lola, nasa Dios ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa? So continue applying & at the same time develop your skills.

By the way, whenever I feel down & discouraged, I keep singing the song "You are my Hiding Place" to reassure myself that the Lord is in control and He has a plan for me. Hope this helps sis!
(www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVC6rfX3Z8&feature=related)



ms_simone

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:19 pm »
I soo can relate to this. Went through this also. A couple of years ago - I was stuck.
I hated my job, I had no savings, I feel sooo ugly, walang love prospects. I didn't know where I was heading parang walang direction yung buhay ko and I was just going through the motions of living.

Then I came across the book The secret. I know medyo corny. Pero what it made me do was take stock of my life. The first thing I did was write a list of what I wanted to happen in my life no matter how improbable it is.

And you know what, every item in that list did came true. I am not saying that everything in my life right now is all peachy, but it sure is a lot better than a couple of years ago. I am in a good place right now kasi now I look forward to each day.

So just persevere. Life may throw you a couple of curveballs along the way. Just embrace it, makikita mo rin ang plan for you. Just be patient and try to enjoy each day. Good Luck and I'll pray for you.

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:52 am »
^I agree with Sis Simone. Patience while doing your part is they key to enjoy God's best blessings!

The fact that our other GT Sisters saw your post is a sign that God is trying to comfort & encourage you. Just hang in there Green-aholic.  You will receive a big surprise from the Lord one of these days. He's just doing some fine tuning before He gives it to you ;)

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 09:56:34 pm »
Thanks mga sis for being there, for devoting your time to comfort me and for encouraging me that these are just a phase in my life that will soon pass. :)

As i opened this thread, I was about to say what sis Longhair said and i was surprised that you said it na before me. Gusto ko sana sabihin na I should not be at all sad for what is happening in my life though its really hard because I know the Lord is with me through all of you who served as His instruments, and that He conveyed His message to me through all of you which is evident on all of your posts. I am really thankful that He never left me alone, He sent you all to me as His disciples to help me out in what is happening in my life. I want to really thank you all for lifting me up during this down times. I soo appreciate tha fact that we are really sisters here - very willing to uplift each other in times of hardship and in times when I don't believe in myself anymore. I love you all! I love you, Lord! Thank you for giving me these people who enlightened me. Sobrang nakaka-touch kayo. Salamat ng marami ha.  :'(  :)

I feel the love of God through all of you. Through all of you, I know the Lord wants me to know that He didn't left me and that I am not alone. I am very much hopeful that I'll get through this phase in my life dahil sa pumayag kayong maging instrumento Nya para maiparamdam Nya sa akin ang pagmamahal at pag aalaga na inakala kong wala na. Sana makayanan ko ito sa tulong nyo. Pls help me pa. :)

Longhair

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »
^I know how hard it is to be in your situation sis. But I like your attitude that's why I include you in my prayers. One day, you will be the one who will provide comfort & I can tell that you will do a good job at it. Just hang in there sis. This too shall pass.

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »
^thank you sis! Ang hindi ko lang talaga kayang gawin eh ang mawalan ng tiwala at paniniwala sa Panginoon. Para sa akin, tama na ang mawalan ako minsan ng tiwala sa sarili ko pero sa Kanya hindi. Ayokong ifail si Lord masyado at sya ang natitirang pagkukuhaan ko ng lakas ng loob kaya pati ba naman Sya igigive up ko pa? No way. That won't happen at all. I may lose myself on the process but I will not let it happen na I lose Him for in Him I shall regain myself again, everything that I have lost. :)

justin3

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 03:00:51 am »
Quote
wala akong lahat sa buhay ko! wala akong work, pera, lovelife!

kawawa ka naman sis. di ka naman nabiktima ni Pedring sa lagay na to? ;D

wag pikon ha? ;) tama yan, never lose faith in God. sa panahon ngayong feling mo walang-wala ka, don't ask anything from Him, instead, give thanks to Him for the small things you still have.
aba, ang swerte natin at nakakapag-internet pa tayo at may oras pang magbabad dito sa GT. samantala yung mga nabiktima lately ni Pedring, sa oras na to, malamang natulog lang na basa ang nag-iisang damit sa katawan, o nakatulog na lang sa sobrang pagod at gutom.

just be patient. GOD IS GREAT!... He has something big for you.

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »
hahaha. sis, sinira mo naman acting ko eh! haha. kidding aside. masarap mabuhay, yun na lang iniisip ko. kase I am blessed. Last sunday sa newspaper, I read something that made me realize how lucky I am tapos complain lang ako ng complain when I know everything will turn out fine in the end, dahil yung mga wala ako ngayon, pwedeng hanapin at magawan ng paraan.

I would like to share what I've read, and here it goes:

It is an article entitled, "Be Thankful. I was strucked the title itself. By the way, the author also quoted this line on her article. Eto na talaga. Hehe.
I am thankful for...
The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
A lawn that needs mowing, windows that needs cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
The spot I find in the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
The alarm that goes off early in the morning hours because it means that I am alive.
The piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

 :)


beatrize zuri

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 10:51:27 pm »
sis kamusta na ang job hunting mo? alam mo ganyan din ako before tapos kung san san ako nag apply pero hindi ako natatanggap un pala isusurprise ako ni lord, yung job na binigay nya sakin ay yung gusto ko talaga, yung alam kong don ako magaling at hindi ko ineexpect na ibibigay nila sakin ang asking salary ko,. kaya ngayon pag naaalala ko yung dating ako natatawa na lang ako... wag ka mag alala malalampasan mo din yan, kaya mo yan! go girl! :D  aja!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:54:31 pm by beatrize zuri »

Purple_Power

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 04:32:43 pm »
We have the same feeling halos ganyan rin ako, the only difference is that may lovelife ako na sumusuporta sa akin kaya kahit na sobrang down na down ako eh! siya na lang ang nagpapalakas sa akin at siya lang ang umiitindi. Pero sa iba ang pakiramdam ko talaga is people hate you because you don't have money and work. Parang sa money at trabaho lang nakasalalay ang pagkatao mo, ganun ang pakiramdam ko. Pag hindi ka naiintindihan ng pamilya mo pakiramdam mo talaga nag-iisa ka. To the extent kapag gumawa ka ng action o lumaban ka pa sa nang-aapi sayo ang lalabas ikaw ang masama. I have lot of worries pa rin naman right now and of course since I am applying a competitive job chances are hindi talaga ako napipili kaya nakakafrustrate rin. Ang bf ko pinapayo na lang sa akin is be grateful na lang right now on the things that I have. Though I can't get rid of worries kasi siempre as if naman yung blessings na we are having right now is for life. What if the worst challenge will be there? Siempre ayaw naman natin umabot sa ganun diba? 

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
sis bea, thanks for that encouraging words that soon all these will end. as of this moment sis, i stopped job hunting. not because i losed hope but because i am focusing on applying for the government. gusto ko sana mag apply pero after na lang ng exams kase gusto ko magreview. at first i thought madali lang ang exams, hindi pala kaya palagay ko kelangan ko magbasa basa at magreview. sana makapasa ako dahil yun talaga ang gusto ko! haay... sana.. yun na ang para saken. :)

sis purple tama ka, parang pag wala kang trabaho at pera, walang nagpapahalaga sayo. ewan kung bakit pero magkakabit talaga yon when it comes sa pagtrato ng isang tao. pero wag tayong mawalan ng pag asa. tingnan mo mga sis naten, nagdaan din sila sa ganitong eksena pero ngayon masaya na sila. hindi habang buhay ganito tayo. kelangan din minsan ibahin natin ang paraan ng ating pag iisip. mahirap pero mas ok naman. sana dumating na time natin para magkaron ng magandang pagbabago. sana malapit na.

danda

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 05:28:15 pm »
kaya mo yan sis! Aja! :)

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:39 pm »
^thank you sis! kakayanin. sayang naman ang buhay ko kung magmumukmok at magcocomplain na lang ako habang buhay. kaya dapat go, go, go attitude pa din. kelangan lang labanan ang hirap na dulot ng mga ganitong sitwasyon.

snowberry

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07:04 pm »
^ Sis, that's the attitude! 


Set a goal - release 5 resumes/day or something like that until you find work. Alam mo ba I issued mga 200 resumes before I was able to land in my current job?  So releasing a few resumes here and there is not the trick. You should try to apply apply and apply!  ke rank in file, supervisor, manager, if you really want a job, go get a job!

Tapos once makahanap ka ng work (am just looking ahead ha), NEVER resign without accepting another job offer.  NO JOB IS PERFECT. Lahat yan may kapintasan.  But please, LOVE your job.  Kasi yan ang magbibigay sa iyo ng bread and butter. If you don't like it, apply ka ulit sa iba, but do not resign while applying for another. Kasi ang hirap nga maghanap ng trabaho sa Pinas and you might end up where you are now if you resign.

Just my two cents.  Good luck!

I agree with our sis here. There was also a point in my life that I was so depressed dahil I cant find a job. Halos nagmukmok ako sa kwarto. Then one day, I was able to wake up myself and do exactly what sis blooming did. Para akong nagpapadala ng sales proposal ( selling myself) , may target number of resumes ako to send per day . The good thing is you can do this without much cost because of technology. puro e-mails lang muna . Then when the calls for interview started coming in, my spirit was really lifted. Halos sabay sabay ang job offer .  So , what I want to say is don't lose hope . I see that you have good English communication skill , so why not use it doon sa mga home based job ( there's a thread here sa GT) . Just keep on trying . There are a lot of BPO's also offerring encoding , backroom jobs etc.  Last but not the least, PRAY . Keep your faith in HIM. God Bless you!

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:26 pm »
Thank you sis sa pagcomfort! Natuwa naman ako sa sinabi mong medyo magaling akong mag english. hehe. naflatter lang. :P sa ngayon, hindi na ako masyadong malungkot. :) at malaking factor kayo kung bakit ganon! salamat sa inyo! dahil sa inyo nainspire akong magpatuloy at hindi mawalan nang pag-asa. salamat sa mga kwento nyong nakaka-inspire. :) sa sunday na ang exam ko. sana makapasa ako and after that, maghahanap na ako ng work. sana palarin na. i will be patiently waiting for what the Lord plans for me. I will complain less and do more para worth it naman na tulungan ako ni Lord at hindi masayang ang efforts nyo sa pagdamay saken. Thanks mga sis! I love you all. :)

pretty_in_victorian

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 09:41:37 pm »
sis green-aholic, di ka nag iisa.. nahihirapan na din akong maghanap ng trabaho.. yung 2 close friends ko pareho na silang nurses sa tertiary hospital. ako, still stuck at nothing.. gusto kong magka job as a nurse kasi sayang naman pinagaralan ko..

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 09:50:32 pm »
^wag kang mawalan ng pag asa sis. tulad din natin ang ibang mga sis natin na nagpost dito. At tulad din nila, magiging successful din tayo someday wag lang tayong susuko. haaay.. wala pa din akong work. mahirap pero kinakaya. haaaay.. kaya natin toh! go lang tayo. minsan i felt small sa family ko. i did best in school at alam ko disappointed sakin ang family ko. I can even feel it up to now. What can i do eh walang maghire sa akin. i dont know whats wrong with me or whats for me. hhhhaaay.. hindi din ako makipagkita sa mga reunions dahil alam ko tatanungin lang nila ko what happened to me. why at this point ay pang entry level pa ang work ko when i should be more than that. kahit ako hindi ko inexpect na ganito mangyayari sa buhay ko. mahirap pero kinakaya ko talaga kahit minsan sarili kong pamilya hindi supportive at minamaliit ako parang gaya kanina. gusto ko na maiyak sa lungkot sa sinabi ng tatay ko. i'm a LOSER. :'(

pretty_in_victorian

  • Guest
Re: i pity myself!
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »
^ ang hirap naman nun sinabihan ka pa ng ganun.. ako naman, ate ako.. pinakamatanda sa lahat ng magpipinsan at close kami kasi small family lang kami.. so they're looking up to me so i know the pressure.. only child ako.. yung mom ko yung push ng push sakin to do things.. my dad's the supportive one.. it kinda is painful sometimes but we're gonna be successful in the end din naman.. i know it!

i did good in school too! DL pa nga ako..

alam kong bad mainggit pero nainggit ako sa isang friend ko.. she has it all.. a boyfriend, a stable job, etc..

iiyak mo lang para mawala yung pain if that's how you deal with it..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close