watch now

Author Topic: Cambodia Thread 2  (Read 118373 times)

foruiz

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2012, 03:20:18 pm »
^wala naman siguro, normal lang naman ang ganyan e. Me I will be entering from Phnom Penh then leaving via HCMC...

barefoot_taka

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »
like what sis foruiz sis ok lang naman yan. madami naman nag multi-city tour (country) na di nagka-hassle sa immigration.

Crissy

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »
Frm Siam Reap i'll be going to Bangkok, what is the cheapest airline to take?

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:40 am »
^ Bangkok Airways. Be prepared to shell out US$156 to US$230 (plus taxes) one-way per person.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:43 am »
Considering that you're required to show up at the airport 2 hours before, then a bus trip might just end up as the faster option.

Crissy

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2012, 11:02:46 pm »
^ grabe! mahal naman. sobra pa sa pamasahe from pinas... Dretso na lang ako KL or Sing :-P

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:27 am »
^ Monopolized kasi ng Bangkok Airways yung route na yon. Sila lang nagooffer ng direct flights. Yung ibang airlines naman, meron pang 1 layover somewhere kaya more expensive.

foruiz

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2012, 09:58:30 am »
^Ako that is what I did. KL to Phnom Penh...hehe! I didn't want to take the bus from BKK kasi and at the time of booking wala pa yung CebuPac direct flights to Cambodia. Via AirAsia yun so I got the tickets cheap at a sale.

Crissy

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #288 on: April 22, 2012, 10:26:37 pm »
I'm going alone to cambodia on july.  Safe ba to go there for solo traveler? please give advice & tips naman.

foruiz

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »
^May nakakagawa naman na ng solo sis, me I was thinking of going so pero my cousin tagged along... Siguro join tour groups na lang dun to save tuktuk costs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:10:39 am by foruiz »

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2012, 04:35:31 am »
I'm going alone to cambodia on july.  Safe ba to go there for solo traveler? please give advice & tips naman.


I went there solo last November. Safe naman. I came back to Manila unharmed and in one piece.
Safer & easier to have a tour. May kukuha pa ng pics mo! lol. If you are going to Angkor , safer to have  a tour. Wag mag-bus sa gabi.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:39:22 am by sakura_bloom »

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:13 am »
^ When in November were you there?  Andun kami nila Frozen Toes end of November.  :D

fruityp0p

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »
Hello sis Crissy, I think safe naman, actually Cambodians are the nicest people we have ever met. sobrang we enjoyed our stay there because of them, from the tuktuk driver, tour guide, to the hotel owner ay naku, mababait sila :)

Crissy

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »
^Really FruityPop. I'm looking forward na to go to cambodia, I find the place interesting and to  experience being a solo traveler... Where did you stay there?

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »
^ When in November were you there?  Andun kami nila Frozen Toes end of November.  :D

^I was there the start of November.  :)

Crissy

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2012, 11:50:14 pm »
@sakura_bloom Thanks for tips sis.  Where did you stay & how did you get a tour?

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2012, 02:00:34 am »
@sakura_bloom Thanks for tips sis.  Where did you stay & how did you get a tour?


^I forgot the name of the Hotel. And I don't recommend staying there if you have a budget! :)
It was paid for already kasi. The tour to Angkor was internally arranged by me and the guide who fetched me at the airport. I paid the guide extra to bring me to Angkor instead of going to the boring temples..  ;)

sakura_bloom

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2012, 02:05:46 am »
@Crissey: Angkor is such a massive place, and you need someone to guide you there. Tourists usually spend a day or 2 there just to give you an idea on how much foot work it entails to cover the area. Having a tour guide with a vehicle will save you time. I just went to the main temples and ditched the mini ones.. I think Angkor has 100++ temples..

^Try searching for a group tour so you can save. :)
I went on a personal tour but it costs more.

Mr.Punch

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2012, 02:27:31 am »
^Yep, maghanap kayo ng makakasama sa GT and sa PEx.  Malaking bagay din yung may kahati sa gastos.  There's of course the risk that you might not get along well with the people you make arrangements with, so better think hard first whether you'd prioritize less cost over better tour flexibility.

fruityp0p

  • Guest
Re: Cambodia Thread 2
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2012, 10:06:37 am »
sis Crissy, we stayed at The Quay Boutique in Riverside, Phnom Penh and Bou Savy Guesthouse in Siem Reap :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close