Just got back from our Siem Reap trip. Below are a few things I want to share.
When we were at
Bayon, we were suddenly approached by this guy who helped us in getting creative shots in the temple. By this I mean, trick shots.
Memorize nya yun nice spots for taking photos within the temple. We were amazed kasi kapag kami lang magtake ng pics puro pose lang sa magandang view then shoot na ng agad ng cam. Sya meron nose to nose with the stone faces, or silip sa isang window, then nsa gitna nyo yun ulit another face tower. Na-aliw kami talaga sa shots, and there's only me and the bf, so it was nice na sa ibang pics magkasama kami (hindi puro solo like sa ibang temples, lol.). Pinag jump shot pa kami.
We were there at around 1pm ata so super init and talagang nageffort sya to take pics of us, at some point he even asked the other tourists to move away para walang nakaharang dun sa view where he wants us to pose.
I asked him whether he was working there, and he claimed to be a
tourist police. He was in civilian clothes though, so I doubt that he was saying the truth. And after around 45 minutes of acting as our photographer, bago kami umalis humingi ng tip. At this point I was really sure that he wasn't a tourist police that he claimed to be. So binigyan na lang namin ng $5 and I took his number. For solo travelers, or for couples who would want photos together while in Bayon, you might want to get in touch with him, too. His name is
Savin, I've taken his phone number, siguro you can ask your hotel to call him before proceeding to tour Bayon.
When I tried arranging for an Apsara Dinner with
Mr. Thim, our tuktuk driver/guide, I was surprised when he told us that it's for USD 38. Eh ang alam ko USD 10 lang. Turned out, hindi pala sya simpleng Apsara dance and dinner. He brought us to
Smile of Angkor. Buffet dinner and cultural show sya, very similar to the Siam Niramit production of Bangkok. Malaki ang spread ng buffet - may bbq, dumplings section, hot pot, salads, main dish, ice cream etc. And matagal din yun show, more than an hour long. When we purchased our ticket, nakalagay dun na bawal to take photos. But when we were inside the theater na, most of the tourists were snapping photos and naka-flash pa so gumaya na rin ako.

Hindi naman sila strict, walang nanita.
Super love ko yun $1-2 massages and fish spa sa
night market. Yun fish spa, $1 for one hour may free Angkor Beer or Soda pa.

And may documentary showing pa in their LCD screens while having the massage. Ang saya!
