watch now

Author Topic: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]  (Read 129081 times)

mamapeew

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2012, 12:29:25 am »
@mamapeew - iba iba nga ang effect ng lippies sa tao. French lace rose shows up a gorgeous pinkish nude on me kasi. Maybe consider Whisper from the Colorbliss line? I think it would appear pinkish brown on pigmented lips or sa mga tanned ang skin, has sheer to medium coverage with no shimmer. And I agree, Shine Attract Guava has a nice peachy tint. Goes with a wide range of skin tones. :)

Actually sis I have a fair complexion and my lips are not that dark naman. I don't know, maybe it's because of my acidity level (whatever that means). Basta whenever I try a shade, iba lumalabas sa akin. Yung french lace rose made me look like I'm about to faint (kasi kulang sa dugo). Haha.... Mukha syang concealer e. na-conceal tunay na color ng lips ko. hehe.... Di nga makasagot si hubby nung tinanong ko kung ok yung lipstick e kaya i mix it with another lipstick from wet n wild. Hassle naman to apply 2 different lipsticks palagi di ba? I tried looking at this month's brochure, di ko mahanap yung whisper from colorbliss line. Baka na overlook ko lang. I'll take a look at it again tomorrow. Thanks, sis. :)

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:49 am »

i got the red lippie modelled by anne sa brochure and super disappointing!  yung color sa gitna lang and when you put it on your lips, sa gitna rin lang yung kulay.  anubayun???!!!  plus the mega impact lipstick line is also a fail for me, got the pink pop...na mukha lang frosted na lippie na beige on my lips.  hay naku. 

goldagrace

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2012, 12:54:20 am »
Loyal customer ako sa Avon, favorite ko yung Avon Naturals Lotion in Papaya and Soy milk. Whitening lotion daw sha pero hinde ko naman nafeel yun, light kasi sa skin at hinde sticky plus ang bango bango kaya i like it. nag hohoard ako minsan 5 bottles na bibili ko.

Ok din naman yung mga make up nila, fave ko yung Super curlacious na mascara, nakaka volumize and lengthen na rin. Sa lipsticks naman, gusto ko yung UMR. I usually buy one every month. ahaha :)

Latest but ko ngayun is yung Shine Attract, originally yung Guava an Mysterious Mauve ang inorder ko pero both OOS. pinalitan ko na lang ng orchid, passionate red and happy pink.
So far okay na okay naman sha, may technique lang paglalagay to maximize the color pay off. :)

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2012, 02:06:21 am »
^^ oh, i think you know how you mean about acidity level. I know someone who's picky with makeup purchases dahil most items she buys nag-iiba kulay sa skin nya (e.g., foundation gets darker, lippies turn orange). Acidic daw ang skin nya. If that's the case mahirap nga mag-purchase kung based sa brochures lang at walang testers. Ang swatches pa naman sa Avon brochures madalas ang layo sa kulay ng actual product lols. There are some departments stores, however, that have Avon counters, maybe they have testers there you can try out para di naman masayang purchases mo. :)

Nakaka-reduce ba talaga ng under-eye shadows yung Anew Eye Lift Pro? I think I wanna try this, madalas kasing puyat...

mamapeew

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:05 pm »
^hmm... Saan kaya may avon counters? I'll try those lippies first before ordering. Tama, madalas red lipsticks turn orange sa akin. Layo talaga ng color when I apply it on the back of my hand then on my lips. Sana nga lips lang acidic. Pag face powders naman, kahit i have fair complexion, i buy colors slightly darker than my tone kasi super light din. Tsk! Hehe... Thanks for the advice sis ha.  :)

Astraea

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »
^ may nakita akong Avonc counters sa Megamall B (malapit sa escalators) at sa Market Market (tapat mercury drug)

mamapeew

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2012, 08:09:35 pm »
^thanks, sis. I'll try to check them out pag nagawi ako don. :)

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »
summersong, you're right it's really hard to buy just by looking at the brochure.  but the shine attract is really not so "attractive" for me. hehe.  the only lippies i like from avon are from the simply pretty line. 

mamapeew

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
^sis, hindi nakaka-dry yung simply pretty line? I was afraid of buying this kasi I have the impression that these are for teens parang yung mga lippies na makikita natin sa cosmetic stores na mura pero nakakaitim o nakaka-dry ng lips. Sa akin lang naman yun. Minsan kasi pag mura (like face powders na j&j o clean & clear), naiiirritate balat ko. :( kaya takot ako mag try ng line na pang teens.

byutijunkie

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2012, 10:33:49 pm »
^as far as i remember, sorry i stopped using avon lippies na kasi, hindi naman drying.  in fact i should think cosmetics for younger women are supposed to be milder?  i also heard that the simply pretty face powders are good.  anyway, i'm not really a big avon makeup user so i can't really vouch for their makeup line.  bra na lang ang ipopromote ko hehe.  i have lots of them =)

mamapeew

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:21 pm »
^hehe.. I'm new in trying out their cosmetics line kasi. I'm purchasing bras din but i think that's for a different thread na. Hehe...  ;)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2012, 10:23:43 am »
Dami kong fail sa cosmetics nila. So I stopped trying. The  only makeup I buy from them now is the lip and cheek tint.

Tapos sa skin care, yung salicylic acide wash.

mayger03

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »
may nakagamit na ba ng sss lotions? alin mga sissies ang effective sa inyo?

faye-tea

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »
I am starting to get tired of my guava and happy pink shine attract lippies. I liked them, yes BUT I am getting tired of the retouching. Napaka-bilis nila mag-fade. Anyway, has anyone tried their Extralasting Lipstick?

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »
^ Depende sa shade, sis. I can only vouch for two na meron ako: Perfect Pink - no shimmer, lasts 2-4 hours, looks pretty but nothing unique about the shade. Nude Blush - has shimmer, it looks off on me, too browny shimmery blah.

Has anyone (or her mother) tried the ANEW genics serum? Any feedback?

faye-tea

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 06:12:08 pm »
^Does it last 2-4 hours with eating/drinking?

runaway_bridesmaid

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2012, 06:19:03 pm »
bakit ganun yung avon bras ko? madali kalawangin yung hook, tapos nabiyak na siya, yung ang unang nasisira sa mga avon bra ko, garter and fabric buo pa after a few years, yun lang hook and i ang madali talaga masira, is because bakal siya na kapag nilabhan kinakalawang the rumurupok na? sad naman.....

mayger03

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2012, 07:40:59 pm »
available pa din ba avon vitaglow?

summersong

  • Guest
Re: Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »
^Does it last 2-4 hours with eating/drinking?
With eating/drinking, it will be a bit faded na after 2 hours or so, but not completely gone. You'll need a couple of touch-ups during a typical workday unless you talk a whole lot for work or tend to bite on your lips. :P

Astraea

  • Guest
Re: Avon Cosmetics & Skin Care [Thread 5]
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 07:17:48 am »
^299 ang regular price, sis...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close