watch now

Author Topic: Birthday cake thread 6  (Read 195323 times)

lizziemd

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2012, 07:42:16 pm »
I need help!!!

Les Sucreries informed me last night na she can accept my cake order na.. The problem is, I am ready to make deposit na to Pastrychef.. My first choice talaga is Les Sucreries since super ganda ng mga gawa niya na birthday cake for kids.. Yun nga lang, medjo ok na pag uusap namin ni pastrychef..
Well,a ng concern ko now is, sino ba mas masarap gumawa ng cake sa kanilang dalawa? Dahil ang family, balewala sa kanila ang ganda ng cake kung hindi naman yan masarap :)

Les Sucreries cakes have wonderful detail and they taste as good as they look :) I also ordered cake balls from her and they were very moist and flavorful. :) I think you can't go wrong with ms Veronica , she is very busy but her creations are well worth it !

iceebaby

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »
sis iceebaby my son's party will be held in q.c. eh parang malayo kung kunin ko pa sa kanya, hindi sya nagdedeliver diba?

Aila of Bunny Baker delivers, sis. Basta just let her know. You could meet naman somewhere or yun, ask if she can deliver. I think her shop is at Greenhills, if I'm not mistaken. :) She's very nice. :)

It is so worth it naman ang cake niya. Labor of love talaga. Hindi mo makain sa super nice ng design. :)

iceebaby

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2012, 09:07:43 pm »
Aila of Bunny Baker is a college batch mate. I haven't tried it but our common friend bought a cake from. Yummy daw and the design is really nice

She's very creative, sis. :) I really like her designs kaya lang malayo from my house. She has a facebook account. The Bunny Baker and name - you can check her masterpieces - nakakamangha. :)

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:27 am »
^yes I've seen her creations ins Facebook. I was supposed to get her for my son's first birthday party last year but she's not available.  I ended up with les sucreries which I did not regret din naman.

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2012, 02:05:53 pm »
^what flavour did you get from les sucreries?

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2012, 02:53:14 pm »
I played it safe and got chocolate flavor. But a friend said her carrot cake is yummy too

jenny_2284

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2012, 09:21:12 pm »
Subscribing...

yezzi

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:11 am »
@iceebaby: how was the price and the taste? and how long is the lead time to place an order? TIA

iceebaby

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2012, 10:39:08 am »
@yezzi - Baked Twinkles cake that I've tried is Red Velvet, Carrot Cake and Chocolate. Also, almost all of her pastries (macarons, lemon squares, biscotti, choco pops, etc). My fave with cakes is the carrot cake. As per the lead time, depende if booked siya for your party. She only maintains orders that she can manage to maintain quality. Minsan pag booked na siya, hindi na din niya ako maaccomodate.

Before, I can place order 2 weeks before - but now, most of my my friends... kahit 3 months before super booked na daw siya. Kaya I would suggest, book her really early like 5-6 months before.

Re The Bunny Baker, I haven't tried her but I've known her before Baked Twinkles. She's really good with the details of the design. Pero sa cake taste, I cannot answer. Lead time would be months t=before too.

I also highly recommend Karen's Kitchen for classic cakes. I had Karen't Kitchen kasi as the classic birthday cake for my twins (Red Velvet and Chocolate) because I was more into classic cakes esp for 1st birthdays e. Their Chocolate cake and Red Velvet is the best in the Phils. :) Lead time is only 2-3 weeks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:40:52 am by iceebaby »

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »
^was wondering too about bunny baker.

anyone here who has tried bunny baker? and ano ok na flavour sa cakes nya kaya?

yezzi

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2012, 01:16:56 pm »
@iceebaby: I have yet to check your 2 other recommendation. Since I have the contact of TBB i'll have my cake qoute today, hopefully next week I can decide na who'll make my baby's cake. Thank for your reply it's appreciated :)


^as for me i'll ask nalang muna siguro anong best seller nila (tbb) seems like kung sila kukunin kailangan maaga magpa-book ? pero sana may mag share ng experience nila :)

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »
^so far next month na event ko (march10) pero buti free pa sila. I'm just waiting for the other supplier to reply if kaya nya maexecute yung gusto ko. kasi si les sucreries di parin sumasagot until now tapos butter creme/royal icing daw kanya not fondant. pero inask ko parin if kaya nya gawin yung type ko na design, kasi if not at least meron na ako backup na supplier.

Meg_Janecek

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2012, 02:22:24 pm »
Subscribing! :)

Mga sis baka may marerecommend kayong cake supplier near tagaytay? Bagong lipat lang kasi kami here so I'm not very familiar pa sa place, scouting for the best supplier near here for my baby boy's binyag this May :)

Maganda yung reviews sa RecipesnMagic, ABagofGoodies, Les Sucreries, Ikoh's, Box of Sweets kaso malalayo sila :( worry ko baka magkaroon ng problem during the delivery.

Thanks mga sis!

yezzi

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:20 pm »
^so far next month na event ko (march10) pero buti free pa sila. I'm just waiting for the other supplier to reply if kaya nya maexecute yung gusto ko. kasi si les sucreries di parin sumasagot until now tapos butter creme/royal icing daw kanya not fondant. pero inask ko parin if kaya nya gawin yung type ko na design, kasi if not at least meron na ako backup na supplier.

that's a good thought sis, kailangan talaga may back-up hanggang hindi na finalize. Well, GL sana maging smooth lahat ng preps mo sine next month na pala yun. If ever kay TBB ka sis share naman ng experience. TIA :)

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2012, 02:51:25 pm »
^one thing that i learned hehe, dapat talaga may backup. aside from bunny baker I'm considering gel colet rin. sa kanya ako nagpagawa ng cupcakes and I'm just waiting for her reply kung kaya nya yung design na gusto ko. kung maconvince ko kapatid ko na magsponsor ng cake si bunny baker kukunin ko hehe :P price wise kasi, yung single layer cake nya is price na ng double layer kay les sucreries. pero yun nga i like her designs so i guess that explains rin why mahal cya compared to les sucreries, sugar box, and kay gel colet. :)

guiding star

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2012, 03:21:46 pm »
regarding les sucreries, i sent her an email asking for her account details to place my payment.but she told me that she usually sends daw a week before the party..ganun ba talaga?this is my first time to get her as our cake supplier.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:08:34 pm by guiding star »

iluvmysoldier

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »
sis iluvmysoldier, since you're from quezon city, perhaps you could ask Shery Ann of Sheryberry Sweets. She made my godson's cake, it's a Mickey Mouse Face, 10"x4" chocolate fondant, all edible. She  does meet ups at SM North and Trinoma.

Here's the pic:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3073950880431&set=at.3073947240340.2144452.1013438785.1371004657&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3073949680401&set=at.3073947240340.2144452.1013438785.1371004657&type=1&theater


i browsed her albums na, mukhang ok naman mga designs nya, how's the taste naman? yummy ba?  :)

yezzi

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2012, 11:42:12 am »
yung single layer cake nya is price na ng double layer kay les sucreries. pero yun nga i like her designs so i guess that explains rin why mahal cya compared to les sucreries, sugar box, and kay gel colet. :)

oh! mas pricey pala si TBB, I sent her an email yesterday I'm still waiting for her reply :)

lizziemd

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »
regarding les sucreries, i sent her an email asking for her account details to place my payment.but she told me that she usually sends daw a week before the party..ganun ba talaga?this is my first time to get her as our cake supplier.

YuP :) just remind her but she will give you her account to deposit a layout fee I think just 400 pesos before . Then she will send the layout to you for approval :) at least you would know if the design is at par with what you want. My cake before looked exactly as the layout she sent

Grayce

  • Guest
Re: Birthday cake thread 6
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:15 am »
^hindi lang pricey, VERY pricey. LOL :P almost fell off my chair when i got her reply from my inquiry and 10k daw yung gusto kong pagaya na cake. Errrr...  :o

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close