watch now

Author Topic: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)  (Read 4442 times)

kwang sun

  • Guest
pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:23:14 pm »
may kilala ba kayong mga ganito ?.. friend ko kasi pretty siya ,most guys stare at her ..nagpaparamdam and all ..she's popular by face sa school.but the thing is , she's too shy to initiate conversations with them..problem niya ngayon there's this new guy na nagkagusto sa kanya and she really strongly feels that he feels the same way .. with all the stares and the smiles and gumagawa talaga ng paraan yung guy na mapalapit sa girl..sayang lang kasi like na like talaga nung guy si girl eh..

shelby

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 02:22:10 pm »
It seems she has low self esteem.  It is also not helping when she knows that a lot of people are staring at her because it will only make her more self conscious.  Poor girl.

saltandpepper001

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »
I also have this. And it ruined my life. To other sissies who's suffering with this disorder. Pls share it.

pen2

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 11:38:39 am »
meron din ako nito kaso lately ko lang narealize haay~ nagrereprogram nga ako ngaun ng sarili ko for self improvement, kahit mahirap sa paunti-uniting steps eh nkakatuwa. sana makatulong to  :) http://www.helpguide.org/mental/social_anxiety_support_symptom_causes_treatment.htm


cecilydee

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 02:31:23 pm »
ganito ako....dati hahaha. sobrang mahiyain ko sa guys laking all girls school kasi ako. pati after college ko nung nagwork ako nahihiya parin kahit hindi ko gusto! manang lang.

pero nagbago ang lahat after 2 years ata of being in a working environment filled with guys. tapos mas naging at ease ako sa mga guys na walang malisya nung nakilala ko ang bf ko. he made me super comfortable kasi. at sa kanya nalang na focus ang tingin ko kaya hindi na ako kiyeme sa ibang guys haha.

paper_doll

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »
I have this. Isn't this kind of attitude is just called being "shy"? But if it was a disease, i suffer from it. Im not saying im a pretty girl.. haha..

Im too awkward with new people. And i dont first approach anyone. I let them talk to me first. Is that a disorder?

happie

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxyiety disorder)
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 10:26:51 pm »
I'm pretty shy but still very functional :) When i'm in front i still get to do things well pro before i'm really shy talaga.

Kim

  • Guest
Re: pretty girl but with S.A.D(social anxiety disorder)
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 09:18:12 am »
I may have had this when I was very young until high school. I would stutter when I had to recite infront of a class. Sometimes, the stuttering would get so bad, one side of my face would start throbbing. It felt like I was going to have a seizure or a heart attack.

I had a set of friends back then, but when I had to be introduced to another group of people, I would smile & attempt a conversation, but I would still feel majorly awkward, and it showed. I suppose as a kid, I thought other kids were always out to compete and compare and criticize.

Things changed for me when I had to go to university & live on my own. It was a huge challenge at first, whether inside or outside the classroom. Everyone was so bibo, independent and interesting. I just had to do it & face my fears. I stepped out of my comfort zone to try & meet new friends. I joined various school activities & groups. During this period, I gradually changed my mindset. Not everyone who's looking at you is scrutinizing you pala. Some of them are actually looking to check if you could figure out their own insecurities that they're trying so hard to hide behind the perfect makeup, spotless outfit and haughty air. The rest, they merely have good intentions & seriously want to get to know you.

Now, I'm so different from how I used to be. Makapal na mukha.  ;D I barely notice if people are looking at me until they come up to me and say HI. I've become confident in addressing a big audience as well. Imagine, I took a job as a trainer at one point in my career.  :D

Anyway, the bottom line is the fear is all on our head. It helped a lot when I changed how I see people. I'm friendly even to strangers so they warm up to me. You just gotta change your mind set, and it will also change your aura.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close