watch now

Author Topic: PCOS (Thread 6)  (Read 196452 times)

young_maiden

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »
Hi mga sis. Magkaiba ang PCOS sa PCO (polycystic ovaries) lang right? I found out last August na polycystic ang ovaries ako. Meaning may cysts din ovaries ko. Wala naman binanggit OB ko na PCOS na siya. Sabi ng friend ko na may PCOS magkaiba daw ang PCOS sa PCO. Sabi daw sa kanya ng OB niya yun. Meron ba dito na PCO lang pero di pa considered as syndrome? I'm hoping na sana PCO lang yung akin. I forgot to ask my OB. Tanungin ko na lang sa next check-up.

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2015, 06:03:02 am »
^sis, PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. So same lang sila

abbiesh

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #282 on: December 04, 2015, 09:32:36 pm »
If I understood it right, kakapanganak mo lang ba with baby #1 and still breastfeeding? how old is your baby?

Nope sis, mor than 1 year old na si baby and I am still breastfeeding her. We tried giving formula, soya and almond milk. Wala talaga.

abbiesh

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #283 on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:12 pm »
My ob advised me to stop breastfeeding my baby since more than 1 year na naman. Ok lang naman sakin but my baby is not yet ready. Super duper clingy ng baby ko and even sa dad niya iiyak padin if wala ako.

AF still hasn't returned so my OB said I have to take Diane para na din mabawasan cysts (I have 40+!). I am also taking metformin now. I want to try na for baby #2. Sana bumalik na si AF.

dark_phoenix

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2015, 04:16:07 pm »
Hello. I knew I had this last year. I am 26 years old now. I had an officemate na nag early menopausal like she was still 24 years old. Lahat kami sa office na paranoid so I had myself checked.

Since I started working, dun nag start na twice a year hindi ako nag me mens. I don't know what it is called in tagalog but in bisaya we call it "layagan" or "layagonon". So I had myself checked late last year. After I had a TVS, dun ko nalaman na I had PCOS din. I was so sad when I knew about it. I wanted to get married na with my boyfriend kasi I was so scared na baka hindi na ako mag ka anak. Sadly, di pa ready si bf. I thought maybe it is still not the right time for me to get married. So yun I have learned to accept it.

Waiting for my mens every month is an exiciting and at the same time scary moment. I get so paranoid kasi. =( Pag hindi ako nag memens, super sad ako at ang bigat nang feeling. =( Tapos I get so paranoid na naman =(

Sometimes I get so tired of thinking about the possibilities pero palagi ko nalang iniisip baka hindi pa ito yung right time or God has other great plans for me.

Hindi ako nag re research sa net about PCOS kasi na tatakot ako. Mas better yung online forums like gtalk kasi you get to read real experiences and hindi exaggerated. Exag kasi sometimes yung na babasa sa net. It is a great feeling to let this out. I haven't talked to my friends kasi hindi naman nila ma iintindihan yung na fe feel ko.

I'm planning to go back to my OB para mag pa pap smear and magpapa tvs ako ulit just  to checked what is going inside my ovaries. Last year, hindi ako sumang ayon sa OB ko na magpills. Kasi ayaw ko. =( Pero guys nag pills din bah kayo? Takot kasi ako mag pills baka ano yung effect. =(

Guys what can we do about this? Like ano dapat kainin natin para mabawasan yung condition natin? sigh. na sad namamn ako.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
Pero I really want to have a family and lots of children because I grew up without a father.

hann-hann

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #285 on: December 06, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »
i have prolonged menses. from nov.16 til now meron pa din. so i went to my OB yesterday, and i felt devastated nung sinabi nyang i have pcos and mahihirapan ako magbuntis ulit. plan kase namin ni husband na next year sundan na yung panganay namin na 7 years old na. ofw si hubby, so once a year lang umuuwi tapos 1 month vacation lang. kaya i feel so hopeless until now. feeling ko super slim na ng chance na magkaanak kami ulit given his work situation and me being diagnosed with pcos. my OB gave me pills to correct my menses and will take it for a year.

iamalphine

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #286 on: December 07, 2015, 08:26:40 am »
i have prolonged menses. from nov.16 til now meron pa din. so i went to my OB yesterday, and i felt devastated nung sinabi nyang i have pcos and mahihirapan ako magbuntis ulit. plan kase namin ni husband na next year sundan na yung panganay namin na 7 years old na. ofw si hubby, so once a year lang umuuwi tapos 1 month vacation lang. kaya i feel so hopeless until now. feeling ko super slim na ng chance na magkaanak kami ulit given his work situation and me being diagnosed with pcos. my OB gave me pills to correct my menses and will take it for a year.

i feel you girl...ganyan din nafeel ko nung nalaman ko may PCOS ako...pero my OB told me kaya pa, yun nga lang we have to take medicine to help us ovulate...buti ka nga may 1 na anak, kami mag uumpisa pa lang..same with you OFW din si hubby..hopefully this upcoming vacation ni hubby makabuo kami..basta try lang ng try and wag pa pressure...GODBLESS

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #287 on: December 07, 2015, 11:45:30 am »
After two rounds of Clomid, OB says I'm still not ovulating. This is devastating since maximum dosage na yung last kong ininom pero wala parin. Now pinrescribe naman sakin ni doc ay another medicine to help stimulate the ovaries, but it costs at a whopping MYR600++ for 15 tablets. Napalunok ako kasi parang hindi ako ready para magshell out pa ng ganyan kalaki. Wala lang, just need to let this out. I'm not losing hope naman so I'll just continue taking metformin and folic acid. Nakadecide kami ni hubby na wag nalang namin ipressure sarili namin at continue lang ako na magpapayat kasi baka naman yun lang talaga ang sagot sa problema namin. Haaay.

Ang sakin lang, marami na dito ang nagkababy pa rin kahit may PCOS. I have a friend with a complicated reproductive health history and yet after 9 years of marriage, managed to conceive naturally! Grabe. Sobrang naaffirm lang ako na pag talagang hindi pa talaga tamang panahon, hindi pa muna ibibigay ni Lord. Kaya para sa ating lahat na trying, kapit lang tayo, no pressures, no losing hope. :)

young_maiden

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2015, 06:53:17 pm »
^sis, PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. So same lang sila

Thanks, sis. I know naman. Ang sabi lang kasi ng ob ng friend ko na pwede daw na polycystic ang ovaries pero di pa siya matatawag na syndrome o PCOS. Pag PCOS na, syempre mas malala na iyon. Wala kasi sinabi ob ko kung syndrome na iyong akin. She just assured me na di pa daw kailangan operahan iyong polycystic ovaries ko. Magpills lang daw ako. Ask ko na lang siya sa next check-up.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2015, 04:59:01 am »
I really, really need to be consistent in taking Metformin :( Palagi ko nakakalimutan, minsan puro morning lang tapos wala na yung sa gabi; minsan naman none at all the whole day, hay...  :-[

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2015, 10:45:58 am »
I really, really need to be consistent in taking Metformin :( Palagi ko nakakalimutan, minsan puro morning lang tapos wala na yung sa gabi; minsan naman none at all the whole day, hay...  :-[

sis. inumin mo nalang nang sabay at the same time every day. ako i take two 750mg tabs at night nang sabay. together pa with my atorvastatin (for cholesterol) and folic acid. isang lagukan nalang.

edinanne

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2015, 02:12:07 pm »
Hi dark_phoenix! I have an officemate who had the same dilemma. She had pcos before they got married in her late 20s. They had a hard time conceiving. I don't mean na makadagdag sa stress mo because of PCOS. It was our relief to find out she was pregnant 3 years later because of a major decision to take some supplements. Their doctors approved naman since most of the medications they were given for three years didn't work. I had to share that story because my sister, who also has PCOS is now taking the same supplements and to our surprise monthly na rin siya nagkakaroon. I am a health advocate by the way, I don't have any intention to advertise or recommend but you may ask me in just in case you are interested to learn this science. I would like to respect other posts specially those taking madications from their OB so I will not mention it here. :) I understand your worry, I was 27 when I get pregnant and I thought 30s pa ako mabubuntis.

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #292 on: December 11, 2015, 07:50:36 pm »
Sis iceheaven31, never ko naisip yan hehe! Oo nga ano, pwede ko inumin sabay hehe. I'll do it before sleeping para kung may side effects man, natutulog na nako hehe. ;D

Thanks for the idea! :-*

angellove

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2015, 01:07:55 am »
I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 months ago, nadelay kasi period ko, so I went to the OB.  Kala ko pa naman preggy na ko.  I gained 5kgs in 4weeks, kaya ata bigla nagka PCOS.  Now nahihirapan ako maglose weight kasi magpapasko, ang daming kainan.  I am currently taking metformin (3 weeks pa lang, Glucophage 850mg 2x a day), usana for almost 2 months (biomega, essentials, coquinone) and folic acid.  TTC for almost 2 years na rin kami. 

dark_phoenix

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #294 on: December 13, 2015, 06:29:03 pm »
Sorry pero ano po yung TTC? =D


Just went to my OB yesterday for my yearly pap smear and I also asked for a TVS request para ma check kamusta na yung ovaries ko. Sana nabawasan na yung mga cysts. sigh.

angellove

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #295 on: December 13, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »
^ TTC = trying to conceive :)

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:51 am »
Sharing this article that someone sent me:

Title: Is Pregnancy Still Possible with Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome

Copying a portion of it here (based on previous entries re PCO vs PCOS) --

Having polycystic ovaries alone does not confirm the diagnosis

Despite the name of the disorder, having polycystic ovaries does not automatically mean that one has PCOS.

To be diagnosed with PCOS, you must also be either experiencing menstrual abnormalities or showing signs of excessive androgen.*

Apparently, there are some women with polycystic ovaries that do not have PCOS. There are also others with PCOS who have ovaries that appear to be normal.

*What is androgen? A male sex hormone, such as testosterone; androgens may be called "male hormones," but don't let the name fool you. Both men's and women's bodies produce androgens, just in differing amounts. In fact, androgens have more than 200 actions in women, and they are present in higher amounts than estrogens.

The principal androgens are testosterone and androstenedione. They are, of course, present in much higher levels in men and play an important role in male traits and reproductive activity.


Here's the link to the whole article: http://ph.theasianparent.com/getting-pregnant-with-polycystic-ovaries

young_maiden

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2015, 12:04:38 pm »
^ Thanks sa link sis. Ganyan situation ko. I have polycystic ovaries pero di pa siya PCOS. I'm taking pills now para mawala mga cysts.

iceheaven31

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2015, 01:45:26 pm »
To be diagnosed with PCOS, you must also be either experiencing menstrual abnormalities or showing signs of excessive androgen.*

*What is androgen? A male sex hormone, such as testosterone; androgens may be called "male hormones," but don't let the name fool you. Both men's and women's bodies produce androgens, just in differing amounts. In fact, androgens have more than 200 actions in women, and they are present in higher amounts than estrogens.

The principal androgens are testosterone and androstenedione. They are, of course, present in much higher levels in men and play an important role in male traits and reproductive activity.


ako dito talaga ako kabilang eh. kasi before the official diagnosis, 6months akong walang AF (tsaka super irregular talaga ever since, normal sakin ang 3mos wala). and then medyo visible na yung upper lip hair ko, and then mababa rin ang boses ko (alto talaga eh). haaay.

young_maiden

  • Guest
Re: PCOS (Thread 6)
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2015, 01:47:28 pm »
^ hi sis. ano meaning ng AF? sorry for being clueless.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close