watch now

Author Topic: Sugaring anyone?  (Read 15371 times)

meisaia

  • Guest
Sugaring anyone?
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:39:52 am »
Hi mga sis! Any of you tried sugaring? I saw kasi mas okay daw to kesa sa waxing. Less pain, less hair ingrowth and even exfoliates the skin so nakakaputi. parang gusto ko na siya itry kaso di ko sure which salon to go to and how much sana for brazilian sugaring.. can some of you share their experiences? tia! :)

sugar81

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »
hi! yes, you're right! SUGARING is less painful, less breakage and less ingrown hair. Try mo sa Barenaked Body Sugaring Salon, they have branches at SM Nova, SM Taytay and this coming sept. open na third branch nila sa Sm Fairview.

here's their facebook to know more about them http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barenaked-Body-Sugaring-Salon/190309330982947

Get Sugared Today! :D

meisaia

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:21 am »
wew. magbubukas na sila sa fairview? cool. hirap kasing dayuhin yung sm nova and sm taytay eh. sana sa megamall magbukas din sila. >__<

charmis

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »
kaka-intrigue naman to.. sana madami magtry para madaming feedback :) and sana magopen din sila somewhere makati or mega or gale :) hehe :)

meisaia

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 02:19:44 pm »
i will try it hopefully this weekend. :)

will post some feedbacks after my session. ^^,

sugar81

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »
the target  grand opening of Barenaked SM Fairview branch will be on September.  There will be big discounts! Sa Sm taytay nila nag-serve din ng appetizers the whole day  sa mga customers nila.

Punta tayong lahat! I'll keep you posted!

meisaia

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:03:55 am »
UPDATE:

I went to Barenaked in SM Taytay last Saturday for my first Brazilian Sugaring Session. I expected the worst. Mind you, I didn't put any topical cream etc. And because I was so tensed, I also forgot to drink some Ibuprofen before I left home which is 1hour before the session. I just drank one capsule when I got there, about 5minutes before I went to Barenaked.

THE SALON:

The staff were friendly and I was immediately assisted to the room which is relaxing and super cozy. I half-expected waiting for 30mins before my turn but when I got there *at about 11AM*, I think I was the only customer there.

THE EXPERIENCE:

I never experience waxing before so I don't know how "painful" it is. But as a first-timer I resorted to the less painful way. And I think, yes it is less painful. To give you an idea, I have a very poor pain tolerance. So I expected screaming all the way. Aside from that, I know that shaving your hair down there would make it coarse and more painful to wax/sugarl.

Oddly though, I didn't feel enough pain to be screaming or crying. Yes, it was painful but not as much as I expected it to be. Actually, the pain I felt was more when the assistant is twisting the hair to the sugar but when she pulled, I hardly ever felt it.

Look for Abigail, I highly recommend asking for her. She's really nice and talks to you in the whole process. And she often asks you if its painful.

OVERALL:

The experience was cool. It's not as painful as I imagined it to be and I really recommend doing this instead of shaving. I will be back there next month or three weeks from now. And I'm considering takinga whole body sugaring and a coffee scrub. :)

Serena.

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »
I wanna try this! :)

superMeme

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »
Anymore experiences with sugaring?

theres a sugaring salon in eastwood city. not sure if its owned by a Singaporean or Korean.  its a new salon. i might investigate first haha...ill give updates mga sis.

also sana more feedbacks on how painful or painless the method is.  nerbyos ako baka maiyak ako haha. just like my first UA waxing.. as in teary eyed talaga sa pain.  usually first-timers naman ganun.  not sure the area down there eh mas sensitive part yun.

kaya ok sana yung feedback ni sis meisaia if less pain or no pain at all sa barenaked... kaso nga malayo saken....hmmm [textspeak!] kaya ang magiging experience sa eastwood salon. oh ill check the name later para machismis ko sa inyo...

by the way, im braving myself to do the brazilian!  waaaahhh sana good experience just like sis meisaia!

more feedbacks mga sis..........

janelurv

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 12:29:46 am »
I also go to Barenaked for my hair sugaring needs. What I've tried on their sugaring services:
-eyebrow (once lang medyo nanipisan kasi ng attendant yung kilay ko hindi ko na inulit)
-upper lip (many times)
-underarm (many times)
-brazilian (thrice pa lang)
-full leg (many times)

I read sugaring is more natural compared to waxing. Mas finer ang growth ng hair in the long run. In my case masakit sya kapag first time (I think it depends na din sa pain tolerance mo or sa hair growth mo etc) but now I don't feel pain anymore well except sa brazilian tiis ganda lang haha  ;D

Attendants are okay. I always make it a point to get Izel as my attendant.

I've also tried UA waxing on Lay Bare and mas nasaktan ako dun compared to sugaring.

What I like most about them is their loyalty card where you can get P100 off on your 5th and 10th visit and if it is your birthday you can avail their birthday promo of 50% off on services.  ;)

superMeme

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:32 pm »
Sis Jane which branch do you go to? thanks sa feedback.

Yung andito pala sa eastwood is Barenaked din haha. at least hindi nako pupunta ng katipunan..but i saw korean or singaporean na parang owners. i havent gone inside. dinaanan ko lang kanina... baka try ko later ang UA sugaring. so far sanay na ako sa UA waxing so no more tears na... i hope kayanin ko ang brazilian.

sis jane as in sobrang painful ba kahit sugaring for brazilian? kasi sabi nila less ang pain compared to waxing. hindi ba nakakatrauma? hehe ...and after the treatment ba hindi swollen or magkaredness down there? and panu pag nag pee? waaahh baka mahapdi....

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 04:42:28 pm »
I really want to try this. Anyone know somewhere near makati cbd? Kahit wax never ko pa natry. ;D

janelurv

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 10:51:00 pm »
Sis Jane which branch do you go to? thanks sa feedback.

Yung andito pala sa eastwood is Barenaked din haha. at least hindi nako pupunta ng katipunan..but i saw korean or singaporean na parang owners. i havent gone inside. dinaanan ko lang kanina... baka try ko later ang UA sugaring. so far sanay na ako sa UA waxing so no more tears na... i hope kayanin ko ang brazilian.

sis jane as in sobrang painful ba kahit sugaring for brazilian? kasi sabi nila less ang pain compared to waxing. hindi ba nakakatrauma? hehe ...and after the treatment ba hindi swollen or magkaredness down there? and panu pag nag pee? waaahh baka mahapdi....

Hi sis superMeme! I go to Barenaked SM Taytay. I haven't tried brazilian waxing kasi kaya I can't compare it. I remember when it was my first time to try brazilian sugaring gusto ko ng lumubog sa bed sa kahihiyan haha. I didn't even trim down there (not advisable to trim the hair too short baka hindi kumapit yung wax just let them do it) I did not take anti histamine or any other meds. Lakas lang ng loob haha. I also thought na parang yung sa manganganak yung position ko yung open legs hindi naman pala. Nakahiga lang meron din naka dekwatro tapos tagilid din for butt crack. I suggest you take a bath muna and scrub na din to eliminate dead skin cells before sugaring though they will ask you naman to wash before the procedure. No redness or swollen naman after. Hindi mahapdi kapag nagpee. I also suggest you wear short or skirt not tight clothing so it can breathe. Happy naman ako sa result. Nang aking mahawakan nasabi ko na lang hmmm ang kinis haha  ;) I feel clean too. As I've said "TIIS GANDA"  :)

PS: Bawal basain and no sex after brazilian

Yamski

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 12:21:23 am »
I really want to try this. Anyone know somewhere near makati cbd? Kahit wax never ko pa natry. ;D

Hi sis! Barenaked has a branch in Glorietta 5. :) I tried it last weekend. Half legs lang. It's indeed less painful than cold wax. 'Can't wait to try ang brazilian nila. Regular akong nagpapabrazilian sa strip since masyadong masakit para sakin ang brazilian sa laybare. Kaso napansin ko, ang laki ng initim nung ano ko sa strip, after 8 sessions yun. And yung after wash effect niya is not as smooth and soft as in laybare.. hindi ko lang talaga kaya yung pain ng sa laybare. After trying sugaring sa lower legs and almost no pain nga, I might try na rin ang brazilian sa barenaked.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
^ Wow, thanks sis! I'll check that barenaked out nga. :)

Yamski

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
I tried Barenaked's brazilian service. Hindi nga kasing painful sa hot wax ng the strip at cold wax ng laybare pero hindi naman pulido ang gawa. Lalo na sa likod na part. Next time bikini na lang papagawa ko.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
You can actually make your own sugar paste. Used to do this all the time dati, then ako na gumagawa sa legs ko and bikini. Mahirap sa UA eh pag sariling sikap haha dapat may katulong ka.

mbarbi

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 02:47:44 am »
Mga sis warning lang sa sugaring. Ive been having brazilian wax for my private part since 2010. Sa strip ako nagpupunta sa makati kaso since malayo dahil im fr qc naghanap ako ng alternative. My sis in law recommended this sugaring salon in katipunan so i tried. Ok naman siya but on my last visit something terrible happened to me. I was hospitalized because of severe folliculitis. I told the owner and you know what they did? Ako pa sinisi nila na baka daw hindi ko alam yung after care. Hello? Since 2010 nagpapawax na ako. My ob said hindi daw hygienic yung pagkagawa sa akin. The owners were not even sympathetic sa nangyari. I explained everything to them even showed pictures pero wala din ako pa sinisi nila. So warning lang baka mangyari din sa inyo ito. Actually 10 kami ng friends ko na nagpupunta sa kanila. But because of what happened to me hindi na kami bumalik dun.

preciosa

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 03:28:17 am »
@sismbarbi sis ano po yung ganyang case? Ako dati nag d diy brazilian sugaring na lang ako yung strip it though masakit pero ok naman kasi nung hindi kona na maintain yon napansin ko nagkaron ako ingrown hair huhu lumaki nga siya ng konti parang kelloid

mbarbi

  • Guest
Re: Sugaring anyone?
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 07:23:53 am »
Sis preciosa severe folliculitis yung naging case ko kasi hindi hygienic yung place and yung tweezer na ginamit. Kitang kita sa picture na dun sa hair follicle yung na infect pero ayaw nila aminin. Ako pa sinisi parang hindi mga babad mayari. Wala ka man lang na feel na compassion from them.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close