watch now

Author Topic: How to be a Model?  (Read 9958 times)

MartyneWiston

  • Guest
How to be a Model?
« on: July 09, 2011, 06:49:57 pm »
My friends had an idea to go the "modeling world." We both have a financial issues and thought that it would be great. My other friend was lucky that she was rich. Were all tall. They're both have the size 2 or model idea body. But i have an extra fat :P medyo wider ako. pero i can and will work on it :D

Pano ba magsimula? What are the requirements? Mga magkano rin sweldo? :)

I hate being scammed!

MartyneWiston

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:07:07 am »
Wow. Lucky ;D that amount would help us out a lot! Is she a run way model or both? Can you message me what her agency is? :)

MartyneWiston

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:48 pm »
^Thankyou :D In Manila? Hirap, from province kasi :))

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 12:19:32 pm »
Yes in Makati to be specific

skyrimgal

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:57:25 am »
Hello  ;D
I'm a "new" model currently building my portfolio as well. I have a lot of photographer/model/MUA friends kaya I got into modelling. It's a good way to earn extra income and free stuff hehe

Anyway, here are what I've learned so far (stuff that helped me find work):

-The more diverse your portfolio is, the more chances you have of getting a job.
-You should network as well. most of my gigs, I get from friends who are photographers/models/MUA. -Practice poses before a shoot. People sometimes think madali lang magpose but to really stand out you have to be able to really POSE. Imagine mo, a photoshoot will usually (depends on the assignment) last for hours. In a 2-3 hour photoshoot, a photographer will take 200 photos. Anong kwenta mo as a model if you only have two or four poses?
-start out cheap. If I paid for all my photos while building my portfolio, I would be broke a lot. It's expensive to build a portfolio. you pay for your wardrobe, make-up, and the photographer. what I did is I signed up on a modelling website (like modelmayhem) and accept TF shoots. A TF shoot is where the photographer (usually brand new as well) will take your photos for free in exchange for prints,cd, tear sheet, etc. when you have gained more experience, that's when you start charging.
-find out what kind of modelling you want to get into. i'm not skinny nor tall but I have nice curves so i use that to my advantage. the modelling industry needs all kinds of body types.
-don't be picky when it comes to work. the purpose of getting a gig is really to get more gigs. treat each photoshoot/fashion show as a marketing ad for yourself.


MartyneWiston

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:56:07 am »
I prefer to be a ramp model. Need pa rin ba ang portfolio dito? :)

I need to find a job. may tuition fee is 32,800+ 2 sems, and I dont want us to be bankrupt. I want to help them pay it, Please I need help :-[

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:53 pm »
I always dreamed of becoming a model..hahaha..kaso I'm too short for a runway model. Qualified lang ako as petite model because I'm only about 5'4" and a half inch tall. Anyway, my sister is 14 years old and now, she's almost 5'8". She wants to be a model kaya i'm subscribing to this post.

hanson15

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:53 pm »
may alam kayo mga sis kung saan pwede magaral ng modelling workshop kahit sa pictures lang? I dont want to be a model but i want to be a model on my wedding day  ;D

brendzy

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:56:10 pm »
This was my dream before kaya lang kulang sa assets LOL.
I have friends na nagstart lang as subjects for MUA and photographers na starting din. ngayo medyo ok na sha. although I don't have the latest ish from her.

sunshine8

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:25 am »
^ Hindi naman necessary na matangkad on becoming a model... Pag print ad model or sa mga product endorsements (facial value lang) ok na

hotbabe_sabby

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 10:48:13 am »
i want to be a model :( kaso i'm new talaga as in wala pang profile as a model. and hindi ako matangkad. plus, i am married and have 3 kids already but some says pwede naman daw ako. kaso i dunno where to start and how. :(

Fabchic

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 02:11:28 pm »
I want to be a model, really. Most of our relatives tell me that I have potential. Square Jaw ako, then I have broad shoulders, I'm tall but not really, yung tama lang. The problem is payat ako, but I saw models at runways na mas payat pa sa akin. And ramp models are not usually pretty right? But I guess hindi ko alam kung paano. I start hunting for workshops, pero nothing. I just hope na ma-achieve ko tong dream na to, I really want to be one.

justhisgirl

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 06:55:20 pm »
Hi I am a freelance model. What I did was I sent out my portfolio to different modelling agencies here in the Phils. Thanks to technology, online application lang pwedeng pwede na. Once they get your online application at nakitaan ka ng potential, they will call you to attend a VTR. Parang portfolio mo yon sa agency nila. Tapos ayon, makakatanggap ka lang ng casting calls from them if fit ka sa role ng hinihingi ng advertising agency. :)

I already have one commercial pero secret na yun. :P Hehe malaki kita dito kasi usually for one project, kapag lead role 80k agad bayad. Kapag supporting mga 50k. Pero 70% lang maiuuwi mo. 30% sa agency na nagpadala sayo. :)

owstalaga

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 05:11:09 pm »
Hi I am a freelance model. What I did was I sent out my portfolio to different modelling agencies here in the Phils. Thanks to technology, online application lang pwedeng pwede na. :)

I already have one commercial pero secret na yun. :P Hehe malaki kita dito kasi usually for one project, kapag lead role 80k agad bayad. Kapag supporting mga 50k. Pero 70% lang maiuuwi mo. 30% sa agency na nagpadala sayo. :)

So as a freelance model, if you got the job because of an agency may cut pa rin sila? Are there instances na you didn't have an agency but got a modeling job? Madali lang ba or mahirap makakuha ng ganun?

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 02:51:36 am »
My friends had an idea to go the "modeling world." We both have a financial issues and thought that it would be great. My other friend was lucky that she was rich. Were all tall. They're both have the size 2 or model idea body. But i have an extra fat :P medyo wider ako. pero i can and will work on it :D

Pano ba magsimula? What are the requirements? Mga magkano rin sweldo? :)

I hate being scammed!

The models i know came from a well off family or a prestigious school eh. I think it's all about connections

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »
Hi, i got asked to model for a beauty shoot for an online article. I was flattered and said okay, but im having afterthoughts.. im not a professional model in any way and barely have any experience... i dont even know if i can pose! Im supposed to be modeling the makeup. Tips please on posing! :s

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 08:44:39 am »


^ I guess practice makes perfect. You just have to be careful these days as maraming nas-scam, if it sounds impossible or too good to be true, maybe it is. If they ask you to pose beyond your comfort zone, just stop and walk out.

Ingat!!

happynlove

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 12:49:39 am »
mga sis up ko lang tong thread. I want to be a model pero yung print and commercial lang sana. I'm not that tall, actually maliit ako so pang print lang talaga haha
any tips? please pm me your agencies.

cosmochick

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 05:34:22 pm »
Ilang beses na akong gustong kunin ng mga friends kong photographer to model on their website. I accepted one invite just for the ehck of it and positive naman so far. I dont find myself sexy, I'm not thin nor fat.. payat na malaman ako...  face value lang meron ako kaya pang portrait model lang pwede hahaha..twas fun.. but I dont see myself doing it for a living.

Good luck to all aspiring models here!

baby.girl

  • Guest
Re: How to be a Model?
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:19 pm »
There are a lot of women who is more skinny, more pretty or better in acting so it's a territory I never wish to go into again. Ive had my share in the past, and it was so taxing both mentally and physically especially when you get rejected after going through the final casting.  Work nalang!;)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close