watch now

Author Topic: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?  (Read 40323 times)

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:31 am »
Skin care investment talaga yan. For me if a product is more expensive than others pero high quality naman and effective, yun na yung bibilhin ko.

Cosmetics naman that depends on you. Ako kasi I don't wear makeup unless may special ocassion.

leapilario

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:25 pm »
I'm up for spending on skin care kasi pangit yung ugaling bili ka lang nang bili because you think it will work good on you when in turn hindi naman talaga PALA. So in terms of buying make up, im recently thinking about that rin. Like is it worth it nga ba? But i agree dun sa nagreply above na when taken good care ang skin mo hindi mo kakailanganin ng sobrang daming cosmetics, plus may mga make up na when used long term pumapangit yung mukha mo after ng tanggal, like small pimples ganun. ganun kasi nangyayari sakin.. I suggest mag gluta ka kasi inside out ang beauty nun. Kung hindi mo bet ang IV or oral yung mga soap na lang.

Tbh, ayoko sa mga peeling or micropeeling na yan feeling ko kasi magmumukha akong isda with all those white small flakes :)) saka dry and sensitive ang skin ko beforehand so mas hindi sya mageeffect sakin i guess. I've tried na rin kasi yung kojic soap nangati lang ako :(

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2015, 10:31:51 am »
I believe that having great skin is the best foundation that we girls could have  :)

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2015, 09:11:47 am »
skincare-yes!

aanhin mo mamahalin na make up kung baku-bako naman face mo.

Annek0909

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2015, 07:49:14 pm »
Para sa'kin, walang kaso gumastos para sa skincare o makeup....pero, alam ko rin naman na yung ibang pricey na produkto, nothing special talaga...mina-market lang na parang kakaiba. Nasa branding lang naman kasi talaga yan e. Suggestion ko, sumubok ka na mga produkto na mahal at mura, at kung saan ka hiyang, yun ang gamitin mo.

sweetieping

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2015, 10:07:18 am »
skin care for me kasi if maganda na skin, pwede na minimal ang make up na gagamitin or kahit pa high end, no need to buy a lot. :)

merchee

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2015, 10:52:05 am »
currently addicted with skin care products! pero aminin natin, dumadating talaga ang time na ang dami nating make-up lemmings  ;D

huggykaye

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2015, 11:38:26 am »
I believe that having great skin is the best foundation that we girls could have  :)

i agree :) saka ang saya lumabas ng bahay na walang make up, sunblock na lang :) kung dati considered na kaartehan lang pagbili ng cosmetics/skin products ngayon hindi na, for protection na din eh :) important makahanap ng hiyang sayo (mahal man o hindi), kasi kung hindi baka lalo ka magkagastos dahil sa bad effects sa skin mo kakatipid mo..

reighnyielle

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »
^ Sis iba talaga ang feeling na you can go out outside with little or no make up at all  :)

mysterioza_me

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:31 pm »
Hindi ako mahilig sa makeup. Basta may cheek tint/blush at lipsticks ako masaya na ko. Mas mag-invest ako for skincare. Ayaw ko masabihan na iba pala itsura ko pagwalang makeup.

parpol_haze

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »
I believe that having great skin is the best foundation that we girls could have  :)

aanhin mo mamahalin na make up kung baku-bako naman face mo.

Apir mga sis! I couldn't agree more. For me, this is a no-brainer. Skin Care talaga. Your skin will thank you for it. I'm not blessed with good skin. I have super oily and acne-prone skin thanks to PCOS. Nung college ako, I didn't care too much about skin care. Mukap ang naging security blanket ko just to look decent at ang mamahal pa ng makeup ko that time. Pag tinanggal ko na makeup ko, depressing. Ang pangit pangit ng skin ko. Ngayong working na ko, I opt for au naturel. Ayoko masabihan na maganda lang siya kasi may makeup. Gusto ko maachieve yung makakalabas ako ng bahay na walang kahit anong cosmetics sa muka ko. Yung ang goal ko and I'm still working on that by taking antioxidants and using skin care products that go well with my skin type, no to less chemicals as much as possible. Konting push nalang! As for makeup, I still love it because it enhances my facial features pero gusto ko sana sa mga days lang na extra special hindi araw-araw. Now, I go for low to mid range and dupes especially sa lipsticks. That's just me. :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:41:31 pm by parpol_haze »

prettylove

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »
I agree sis chili1113! Iba talaga ang skin kapag early 20's ka kahit walang make up sobrang gandang tignan at the same time baby face pa kasi pero narealize ko na im late 20's na parang di na appropriate na no make up totally sa face, personally i put my eyebrow make up, foundation and blush on mas better lang talaga na magmukhang mas maayos at na-eemphasize ang ganda kapag may make up kahit light lang at maachieve ang lahat ng ito kung maganda ang skin so super investment din ako sa skin ngayon and it is always better to prevent and delay signs of aging.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2015, 10:58:13 am »
The no make-up, naturally flawless look is easy to achieve with good quality products.  Using make-up to enhance one's features does not equate to changing one's looks. 

School girls can do away with a bare face.  But once you start working, you have to make an effort.  It's a pity that so many working girls spend much on good tailored clothes, shoes, bags and accessories but neglect to put on at least powder, mascara and neutral lipstick or gloss - these are the tools to make one look polished at work.

Taking care of one's skin is a must at any age.  But I agree with most, once you hit your mid-20s, start using sunblock daily, applying eye cream and moisturizing (esp at night). Do not neglect your neck area and hands as those are the spots that usually give away one's age.


catherinecaparino

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2015, 01:38:59 pm »
Pwede namang hindi. Madami namang affordable product that you can buy market. The important thing is walang pimple hehe

douxmadchen

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2015, 02:22:37 pm »
I think you don't really need to spend so much but at the same time, don't be so cheap. Find which products work best for you. If what works is the expensive kind, find alternatives. Just make sure, hiyang ka.

My mom always tells me to take care of my skin, thanks to her, I got good skin. But I never really cared until now. Bata palang ako, she tells me to put lotion na pero ayoko kasi ang init sa pakiramdam. Now that I'm in my early 20s, it all makes sense to me now. I think it's really important to start taking good care of your skin at an early age. I'm glad I'm slowly embracing that now pero alam mo yun, minsan naiisip ko, sana pala matagal ko nang ginawa 'to.

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2015, 01:41:25 pm »
You get what you pay for. So yes, I believe in investing, splurging for skincare and make up. Lalong lalo na ang skincare. Sabi nga ni Caroline Hirons, if you'd rather spend on shoes or handbags or outfits but you take your skin for granted, you're gonna end up an old lady with a crocodile skin and a vintage wardrobe. Hehe medyo harsh but her point is, you only got one face, one skin, so invest on it. Learn what to prioritize. Ang skincare kasi if you have very poor skincare habits, mahirap nang kontrahin yung bad effects nito as we age. :)

And as for the price, of course you pay a premium for quality skincare. Di hamak din naman yung mga research nila to counter anti-ageing, etc. and they use premium ingredients talaga, hindi ka titipirin. They deliver. Hindi ko nilahahat kasi may mga overhyped ones din naman and there are also few no-frills cheap ones that are "pwede na", but at least the high end products I've tried, they did work well ;) Mapapatipid ka pa nga in the long run kasi the cheaper products I bought which I ended up NOT consuming most of, eh natatambak lang kasi wala namang magandang effect. The pricier ones that work, I am able to consume everything. Sagad to the last drop. Nakatipid pa ako in the long run. :)

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2016, 04:12:27 pm »
Sa akin skincare okay lang, siguro 5k for 6 months to spend on a skincare is not bad naman. Pero para sa makeup siguro mga local and yung affordable okay na ako. I am into natural look kasi.

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2016, 08:06:12 pm »
ngayon i alot most of my "beauty money" sa skincare. partly because nagdwindle down na rin ang addiction ko sa makeup and i'm pretty contented with what i have now, though i still do the occasional splurge if say for example may stocks so ipon-ipon etc. ngayon i seem to spend money over money sa skincare and i'm pretty happy with it. the makeup looks good and i can wear less makeup (and thus do my makeup faster! haha).

britzm

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2016, 09:36:40 pm »
i always try new skincare lalo for anti aging. ayaw ko na yung mga whitening. brightening pwede pa. i want to age gracefully din kasi kaya ginagastusan ko to. saka matagal naman maubos so sulit na rin.
for make up depende. mascara, mga 500 pwede na. tatapon din naman after 3 months.
kilay, foundation, lipstick ginagastusan ko.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2016, 10:33:34 pm »
Yes for me it's worth it. I've tried a lot of skincare and makeup products from cheap ones to the high ends, and iba talaga ang quality ng high end brands. Sa skincare I've used the same line for about 3++ years now and my skin has never been better. Actually I've been off of my skincare routine since I got pregnant (5 months na si baby) and I still have clear skin. Feeling ko combined effect na yun ng skincare regimen ko + mommy hormones. For makeup, I have a few inexpensive ones na I keep on repurchasing everytime, kasi they work for me.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close