watch now

Author Topic: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?  (Read 40329 times)

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »
Nagback read ako kasi am planning to buy skincare products worth 3k medyo marami naman na sya i think 5 products. Kaso hesitant ako kasi feeling ko over na ata yun. But after reading your comments mga sis haha barya lang pala yun 3k kumpara sa mgq binibili nyo. Di ko keri haha eto lang kasi trusted kong product ever since gusto ko maghoard. Haha

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:45 pm »
oo barya lang ang 3k, kulang pa iyon sa isang facial serum :P

Mary Els

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2014, 04:16:12 pm »
My principle has always been, #1, if you can afford it then fine, and #2, as long as you enhance your assets and not transform your face. Cosmetics are only great when used really well. It defeats the purpose when you start looking like a walking advert for plastic surgery and The House of Wax, if you know what I mean.  :P

burberi

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:01 pm »
I think di mo naman kailangan ng thousands worth of serum, creams, or whatever. Kain lang ng fruits and veggies, matulog ng maaga, etc. yung creams pangsupplement lang. Ako I apply one type ng skin care lang - clinique moisturizer. It lasts me 6 mos to a year. I don't go to salon para sa facial whatsoever.

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2014, 09:31:01 pm »
Yeah sis happyscent haha nalula ako sa mga nababasa ko dito. Kaya talagang puro online lang ako bumibili. After re reading guilt free akong bibili bukas haha kala ko kasi pikit mata akong magbabayad. Atleast medyo naenlighten ako.

I don't put too much naman na sa skin. As long as masunod ko yung routine na cleanse tone moisturize. People love my skin some hate it. Pangit ba yung parang makintab?

ellenmitchie

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:56 pm »
It's okay to spend, but not too much.

Before I decide to spend on cosmetics or skin care, I make sure to do some research muna about the product. Sometimes, we don't really need too much stuff. I admit, way back I used to buy lots of expensive makeups, but I don't have any regrets naman because I get to use all of them. As long as you'll be able to use it, why not? For skin care, there are alternatives naman. Tried some expensive skin care but parang wala lang. Now, I only use local skin care -- Eskinol and Maxi Peel, and yet they're much better, in fact, dito pa kuminis face ko compared to creams that my derma gave me.


burberi

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2014, 10:30:54 am »
sassy_gal18 - sis for me hindi pangit yung makintab. Ngayon nga ang daming luminizing products para may kintab or glow eh. Meron pa nga ako minsan ina-apply na highlighter (benefit watts up) para shiny but not oily haha

ysa.belle

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:04 am »
imo, it is okay to spend. kase long term din naman ito eh. why not take good care of our skin di ba?

i have this beauty set. as early as one week may effect. may peeling pero naman, ang soft ng face ko. pati tiny warts natatanggal.

jeanette01

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 01:57:22 pm »
i think its better so spend more on skin care than cosmetics. cosmetics will be useless if your skin is not in a good condition. if your skin looks healthy, you might not need tons of makeup.

Cheesecak3

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2014, 05:23:45 pm »
^I agree. I don't really spend too much on make up and skin care. Kung ano na din kasi yong hiyang sa skin don lang talaga. Ang iba kasi kung ano yong bago sa market, try agad tapos hindi din pala hiyang.

sweetpreppy

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »
^^agree! though i love make up, i spend more on my skin care. i make sure that once a month to have facial or diamond peel. in that case, i can go out with minimal make up on because im confident with my skin. be sure to be well hydrated and eat lots of fruits and vegetables. youll notice your skin is glowing. :)

tikitakz

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
I agree with sisses here, it's ok to spend on skin care, but spend within your means hehe. As for cosmetics and make up you can buy them one at a time, di naman kailangan na sabay sabay agad. Nung nag uumpisa ako sa make up ganyan din ako gusto ko kumpleto agad pero madami naexpire lang kasi di naman nagagamit, kaya ngayon kung ano lang kailangan ko iyon lang binibili ko paisa isa lang :)

bronze

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »
mas magastos ako ngayon sa skincare at haircare. ang make up kiber, pede ako sa cheap brands kasi i have nothing to conceal naman sa face di pa ako ulit bumibili ng new make up.

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2014, 02:10:00 pm »
I would tend to spend more on skin care kesa sa cosmetics.  Kasi ang cosmetics, it is to enhance lang naman, kaya hindi naman dapat super kapal ang make up mo with fake lashes and all.  Mas mahirap pa tanggalin kung makapal ang make up and worse, sometimes they have harsh ingredients pa na lalo ka pang mapapagastos kung say you develop some pigementation or pimples, etc.

The only problem with splurging in skin care is kung hindi sayo hiyang. So be careful din kung bibili ka ng mahal. Make sure hiyang ka para di masayang.

Within/below your means on skin care. And I agree with tikitakz, hindi kelangan sabay sabay lalo na ang makeup.  I remember when I started doing my own make up, I started with powder and lipstick lang. Eyeshadow makikiahiram muna ako sa mom ko. Until nagka eyeshadow narin ako kasi meron hindi naman ginagamit ang mom ko na binigay nya sakin. Then slowly, adding on to eyeliner and eyebrow pencil and blush.  For me, these are the basics for makeup.  Marami pang puede idagdag and they are almost infinite  ;D  (primer, lipbrush and other brushes, highlighter, bronzer, gloss, make up setting spray at sari sari pa - I am sure marami pa dyan na hindi ko alam)...


closetqueen

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2014, 04:46:42 pm »
This is a no brainer. Of course, when you invest on  skin care, you wont be needing too much make up and your skin will be thanking you. But you have to do with what makes you happy though.

aubb

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2014, 04:55:07 pm »
I think basta afford mo, ok lang. I spend on both talaga, pero come a time na hindi ko na ma-afford, or im just earning enough, syempre i'd stop na

onyxwitch09

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2014, 01:03:42 pm »
Yes sa skin care pero mas ok kung samahan ng balanced diet. Mas effective kung inside and out ang alaga.

chuy

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2014, 03:19:06 pm »
If you can afford it, then why not? Sa case ko kasi now, hindi kasya sa budget because I already have a baby so I opted for more affordable skin care products. But when I was single, may nakalaan na budget for pampering and beauty products. ;D

WickedWitchOfTheWest

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2014, 04:38:49 pm »
For me, yes. I have very sensitive reactive skin so pili lang products na pwede ko gamitin, both for skincare and makeup. For me it's worth it kasi more often than not, I'll end up spending much much more reversing any damages sa mga products na hindi hiyang.


aubb

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2014, 09:14:01 pm »
For me, yes. I have very sensitive reactive skin so pili lang products na pwede ko gamitin, both for skincare and makeup. For me it's worth it kasi more often than not, I'll end up spending much much more reversing any damages sa mga products na hindi hiyang.

^
Very good point sis, it makes spending really justifiable hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close