watch now

Author Topic: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?  (Read 40252 times)

maristela

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »
Skin care :)

FridaGee

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 04:30:22 pm »
Skin care, definitely yes.

blushberry

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »
I definitely splurge on makeup and skin care :)

sprinkledust

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2011, 10:14:28 am »
I think it's important to take care of your skin but it's okay to splurge on your favourite make up too!


anne007

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:32 am »
Yes! Skin Care.. starting na.. hehe..  :)

rae

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 01:37:58 pm »
I know how it feels to be compelled to buy and buy (actually ako, 'mas' sa mga treatments) kasi I'm working on that myself and last year I spent more than 40k on beauty-related stuff.

Depende sa reason why you'd want to spend that much on beautifying yourself. Find the root cause and address that first. You can buy pa rin makeup or skin care products pero make sure that part of your resources--time or money is addressing the reason why you're compelled to buy.

Hanggang hindi natin na-aaddress yung totoong reason why tayo napapabili, forever na yang habit. So I'm trying really hard to work on myself, and sa totoo lang, ang hirap. Pero baby steps.

If you can afford it, and super tiny lang ng 40k sa percentage of your total income, and wala kang utang or naaabala... Honestly, I feel like it's ok. BUT it could be a symptom of a bigger problem. Kung self-esteem issue, let's work on that first.

roxykarlo

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »
both.. :)

oracLe

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:39 pm »
Splurge on skincare but don't scrimp on make up naman. Motto ko nga, scrimp on clothes, gadgets, and other luho, but never ever with what you put on your face. Invest on good make up too :)

coffeeflava

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »
Skin Care first. Then sa Make Up, if may money ka then go. If not, i think better choose credible brands naman. Baka kasi yun mga cheap brands pero harsh naman ang ingredients then kawawa naman ang skin natin. So mas magagastusan din tayo in the end..

yapeegurl

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 05:19:23 pm »
I spend for skin care (diamond peeling, IPL, facial, etc) first. A little bit for makeup (face powder, lipstick, eye liner lang naman ako). I want to be able to go out without the hassle of applying my blush on, foundation, face powder, lipstick, etc to cover up my skin. But at the same time, in times that I feel like I want to wear makeup, I want to make sure that these products wont damage my skin. Else, sayang lang ang naspend ko for skin care.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2011, 08:43:08 am »
I think if you need it, then it's worth it. Nakabalandra yang mukha natin 24/7 kailangang alagaan. Which is not to say we should always spend a lot for skincare/makeup. Kung di naman kailangan, wag. I have low-maint skin so I don't spend a lot, but if I do need to, I wouldn't hesitate.

jennyg

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 08:51:17 am »
Maybe you should try buying 1 set lang a time so you can try them muna. :-) Bka if you buy them all simultaneously masayang lang.

shane_ganda

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 06:50:07 pm »
^haha ayos yan sis. nako diyan nag sisimula yan :))

I also go for skincare na sure effective para hindi na paiba iba at lalaki pa ang gastos. nangyari na sakin yan eh. pa iba iba. personally I dont like make up. lipstick and concealer lang, set powder ng concealer. fix my brows. then go na.  you'll use less make up pa. :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:51:40 pm by shane_ganda »

boo.dha

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:44 pm »
I spend for skin care and services.  I see it as an investment to myself.

damselindistress17

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
I'd rather spend a lot of money on skin care than cosmetics. Tingin ko kasi investment ang good skin. Ok lang naman siguro magspend ng ganung kalaki, like 40k on cosmetics, kung afford mo naman.

dona626

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Im starting to spend on make ups, korean brand cosmetics to be exact. But I think I won't spend 40k for it. Pang bili ko na lang ng milk and needs ng babies ko. Buti hindi nagagalit ang hubby ko sa kaka purchase :D influence kasi ng gt kaya ako napapabil ng muk ap :)

jazzygelable

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »
for me definitely skincare muna, bago makeup. konti lang ang makeup ko kaya i buy yung mga trusted naman.

rae

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »
Sisses, from the threadstarter's entry, I don't think she was asking kung san mas dapat magspend. I think she was asking if it's ok to spend ng ganun kalaki (40k+-) on makeup and skincare together (i.e., sa pagpapaganda).

I maybe mistaken, but that's how I perceived her question to be.

myleia27

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2011, 12:00:25 am »
I think I already spent more than 40k on beauty products (make up and skin care combined). Hindi lang halata kasi staggered ang pag build ko ng arsenal. Good make ups and skin care products really make a huge difference, so I invest on quality and how it suits me. I have a mix of cheap but effective and branded but definitely worth it products.

I guess 40k seems a lot when you spend it in one day (or 2-3 hours in Rustan's!). But if you can afford it without you feeling guilty later, then go for it. Just be wary with the quality, not just the brand, since it will really be a waste if it ends up not hiyang with you. you might end up going around malls, and beauty counters to test stuff, so do not feel pressured na you need to get all your products in one go. keep an open mind too because you might find something better than your current lemmings.  :)


Goodluck and happy shopping!!!

rae

  • Guest
Re: Is it worth it to spend so much on cosmetics or skin care?
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2011, 01:52:27 am »
This is true. If youre going to spend 40k on makeup and skincare, make sure you get 40k worth of goods. Meaning, sulit!

I honestly think it's ok... and to the threadstarter, enjoy your 40k, do what you want with it, it's your day, you earned it girl :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close