watch now

Author Topic: When is the best time to transfer your kid to a big and traditional school?  (Read 4111 times)

prettycha

  • Guest
Mga sis, my son is presentlyin kinder in a progressive school.  I am just wondering when is the best time to move him into a big and traditional school?  Prep ba or grade 1?  Your inputs will be highly appreciated.  TIA

marose17

  • Guest
I think you have to consider the big school's entrance policy and number of slots for students.  For example, in Ateneo, the entry level for grade school is prep (child must be 6 years old).  It is very hard to get a slot for grade 1 kasi priority nila siempre ang prep students nila.   If you choose to have your child enter at grade 1, depende sa availability ng slots kung makakapasok siya, unlike sa prep na maraming slots.

Check the policy of the schools you are eyeing. :)

prettycha

  • Guest
Thank you for this input sis.  I am now leaning towards transferring my kid at prep level

sweety_paige

  • Guest
For me, prep palang, iba kasi ang approach ng traditional at progressive, need ng kid mag-adjust. 

marose17

  • Guest
IMO, a few weeks or several days lang naman ang adjustment period.  Kids are very resilient. :)

$ale... seeker!

  • Guest
my son is now in Kinder... personally we chose to enroll him in a traditional school this school year - my worry last year was all of them were having too much fun; parang puro laro na lang eh boy pa yung anak ko.  :(

wandergirl1980

  • Guest
Buhayin ko lang itong thread na ito...

I have the same dilemma. My daughter is turning 6 this April. She started in a montessori school when she was just 4 years and old 2 months. She's turning 6 this April and my husband wants her to transfer in a traditional school for grade 1.  Worried ako na manibago sya. She took an entrance exam sa Seton (Las Pinas) this morning pero di niya natapos. I was told by the administrator that while she can already read and write hindi pa sya maka-follow ng instructions on her own.

I told my husband na mas maganda siguro kung sa OB Montessori (Las Pinas) muna sya mag grade 1 or even until grade 2, then saka namin sya i-transfer sa traditional school ng grade 3. By then mas matured na sya to transition. My husband insists on traditional. So ngayon I'm torn  :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close