Author Topic: Quarter Life Crisis  (Read 42634 times)

Blair_w

• conscious living
Re: Quarter Life Crisis
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
I used to have this struggle in my mid to late 20's though I didn't put any label to it. I understand the frustrations and disappointments that you girls are having. It was hard, I cried and questioned my life's purpose as well but you know what,I overcame it. Right now, that stage feels like it was the hardest part of growth but it made me love and accepted myself.

I am now very much contented with my life.  At some point of this QLC stage, you would realize that contentment and acceptance are key to happiness. You also have to live simply and be kind to everyone. Align your way of living based on the value that you believed in and not based on other people's standards. :)

Sunflower01

• Probationary
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2017, 03:09:16 pm »
Turning 25 by september and i feel the same way every now and then. Buti na lang sa ngayon kaya ko nang kontrolin dahil muntik na rin akong magchange career, yung sinimulan kong grad school tinakasan ko lang before etc. As of now kahit papano naooutline ko na [textspeak!] goals ko sa buhay. Effective talaga kung may yearly goals ka. As of now, I'm paying my condo unit (my mom encourage me to buy as investment), my bf proposed to me and inencourage ko siya magpay kami ng house and lot before at macoconstruct na siya this year (hopefully). I'm planning to pursue grad school. Then goal ko next year ay bumili ng repo/second hand car. I'm thinking and materializing a better future para sa sarili ko and future family ko. Once naaachive yung goal nakakainspire pero siyempre nakakafrustrate kapag hindi, just always pray to God. I assure you siya na rin magbibigay ng signs kung saan ka dapat. True na nakakaintimidate yung iba pero you can't have it all. Best thing to do is to accept, do what you can do and have faith to God.

@curlyliling

• Probationary
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »
Hi I'm a newbie here,

I'm 25 turning 26 this october and yes this is exactly what I'm feeling right now, yung tipong alam mo nman sa sarili mo na strong ka kaso di talaga maiiwasan magsenti LOL, sa career yes I have a job pero hnd career na matatawag dhl 4 years nko stagnant, tho gustong gusto ko ng lumipat ng work kaso hnd pko ready wala akong masyadong ipon plus hirap magleave samen as in npakalaking kawalan ng isa coz i work as a teller in a bank which is undermanned kame and love life ayun landi life lang walang matinong makilala hayzzz 😂😅

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2017, 08:48:22 pm »
currently going through this stage (I'm 32 na though, quarter life pa ba considered dun? haha). First time it hit me, ang hirap, ang sakit emotionally. It came to the point where I want to kill myself kasi feel ko wala akong use in life. Thank goodness medyo nakita ko naman yun light. Although still no clear picture, important is I want to live and that is a good thing. Right now I'm listening to Tony Robbins sa youtube and reading mga experiences din ng ibang sis dito sa gt to help me go through it
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

tealover

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »
iluvescadasport: how were you able to cope with your sadness?
"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2017, 08:28:50 pm »
^trial and error method. I listened to motivational videos, inspirational videos, mga affirmations, workout, yoga, meditation. Right now, I joined a meditation center sa MAkati. It helped me bring out my past issues, and todo iyak ako. One thing for certain, finding the root cause of the sadness is the most important. Ang dami kong mga nagawa which I thought will help me fight my sadness, but it turned out na it only helped me supressed it further.
"Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success."  - Inspiring Women

freshpicks

• Life Coach & Trainer
  • GirlTalker
    • Kurly Connects | Life Coach & Trainer
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2018, 04:07:52 pm »
@iluvescadasport - Tony Robbins is great.  ;) I got one of his books and can't wait to read it.
Passion x Purpose x Potential x Pursuit
  http://kurlyconnects.com

freshpicks

• Life Coach & Trainer
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »
I guess the term or concept of quarter life crisis came about because it's during this time that one goes through several changes in life -- a few years into your work/career, friends getting married and having babies, and so on. in short #adulting na. haha. I'm beyond my quarter life now and looking back, hindi lang naman nung quarter life ako nagkaron ng crisis. Haha. Growing up, I had issues about being accepted, wanting to fit in, relationship break ups and struggles, financial obligations (or freedom?), losing weight, etc. Actually hanggang ngayon, almost 10 yrs after, I still get my share of challenges (or crisis) especially during moments of shake up or changes. :) Self-help and motivational books, videos, podcasts, etc are indeed great. But what helps me most is having human interaction -- maybe your family, your close friends, a community with a common goal/purpose, or a mentor/coach. Iba pa rin shempre na may nakakausap ka who doesn't judge you and who will not only cry with you, but also help you move forward. :) There were times in the past that when I attended trainings or workshops, I get pumped up and absorb energy from the trainer or my classmates. Or sometimes naman, simply having peace and quiet helps a lot.

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:22 pm »
@iluvescadasport - Tony Robbins is great.  ;) I got one of his books and can't wait to read it.

I bought his books also, pero I haven't started reading haha I started watching his youtube videos, mga 3 weeks straight ako listening lang. It can be redundant after awhile, pero super naghelp.

I would recommend Daniel Chidiac's "Who Says you can't? You do" book to those who don't know what to do talaga. Opinion ko lang, Tony Robbins' stuff work if you have an idea what you want to do. IF totally wala, better if DAniel Chidiac's book muna. Suggestion ko lang yan, it might not work for everyone.

There were times in the past that when I attended trainings or workshops, I get pumped up and absorb energy from the trainer or my classmates. Or sometimes naman, simply having peace and quiet helps a lot.
what kind of training and workshops have you attended?

freshpicks

• Life Coach & Trainer
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2018, 10:42:47 am »

I would recommend Daniel Chidiac's "Who Says you can't? You do" book to those who don't know what to do talaga. Opinion ko lang, Tony Robbins' stuff work if you have an idea what you want to do. IF totally wala, better if DAniel Chidiac's book muna. Suggestion ko lang yan, it might not work for everyone.

what kind of training and workshops have you attended?

oh wow, let me check out those books too. well usually leadership workshops (francis kong, anthony pangilinan) or even corporate planning sessions back when I was still in corporate. Sometimes it's the energy from other colleagues that also get you pumped up again, or the hope/excitement of better things to come.

iluvescadasport

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2018, 08:47:47 pm »
^agree. nakaka-hawa ang mga energy ng iba, basta positive energy. So far, nakukuha ko yan sa mga books na nababasa ko. I also registered for a leadership workshop under OCCI. Sana maging okay

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close