Author Topic: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife  (Read 23805 times)

snooky

  • Guest
Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »
even if she drives and has her own car?

suikorayne

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
nope. for me, ok lang if my husband cant drive the car me kc lam ko naman na busy cya. saka nid ko rin na maging independent lalo na pag out of the country cya, kaya wala ko choice but to drive the car for myself.

sweety_paige

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:04:12 pm »
No

cati

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »
nope

babyjapnurse01

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »
I wouldnt say outright na yes and no coz it depends on the situation like when wife isnt feeling well etc. I can drive, but whenever lumalabas kami na kasama ko si Hubby, I let him drive the car. But kung pang-araw araw na yung usapan, and you both have your own ride, I dont think tama na irequire ng wife ipagdrive pa siya ni Hubby, kasi kung ganun, mag-isang kotse nalang kayo, para ihahatid/sundo ka nalang ni Hubby. :D

snooky

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:23:28 am »
Thanks sa replies. I'm trying to figure out kasi if it's a husbands obligation to be a chauffeur.

What about work related tulad meetings and company events? Dapat ba pag-drive ng husband ang wife? (wife knows how to drive and has her own car)

yndy

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:47 am »
^^ hindi pa din

snowflakes

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:32:18 am »
bakit pa sha magpapa drive if she knows how to do it? i dont get it. for me lang kung kaya mo naman gawin wag mo na iasa sa iba. isa pa di obligasyon ng asawa mo maging driver ng wife nya. unless walang work si hubby and yun ang gusto nyang gawin.

billy

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:19 am »
my husband does it because he wants to, and not because he is obliged to or required. parang automatic na sa kanya yun, you don't have to ask him. except for business-related events na may company car at company driver naman kami or merong officemate who can do it, hindi ko na inaasa sa kanya. he offers but if not needed, hindi na.

the same for family events, no questions asked, siya yun. but kung merong ibang magda-drive (brother or hired driver), hindi ko naman siya nirerequire.

I used to drive and we used to have two cars, but malabo mata ko kaya I stopped driving and for practical reasons, we opted to just have one vehicle. Kaya sa amin, siya talaga ang official driver.

bellapot

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:21 am »
No, I don't require my husband to drive for me. But since we only have one car, sometimes, he has to and he doesn't complain about it. But for those times that I really need the car and he can't bring me, he leaves the car to me and just borrows another one from his family. I know how to drive, and sometimes, it's actually better if I drive for myself because some errands can take awhile and he'll just end up getting impatient.  :P

binggay

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:18:45 am »
 The wife knows how to drive and has her own car -- so bakit kelangan pa magpa-drive sa husband? Di sana di na lang siya nag-aral mag-drive.

Just because you have a husband doesn't mean you have to be dependent on him on those minute things. Ako, it is something I am very proud of. Dahil marunong ako mag-drive, I don't ask my husband to drive for me. Kung may gusto o kelangan akong puntahan, I drive for myself.


Celerina

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:35 am »
Nope it isn't... but he drives for me because he wants too..
and I do the same for him too..

a_y_e_n

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 11:14:33 am »
no it's not the husband's duty to drive for his wife. baket pa kung meron naman palang sariling car at marunong magdrive yung wife?

ako, we only have 1 car and i don't know how to drive pero i dont require my husband to drive me around town (except papasok sa work). madalas nga nagko-commute ako kung may lakad ako mag-isa eh. sya nalang minsan ang nagvo-volunteer sunduin ako. although i know my husband doesn't mind (and doesn't complain) if he drives for me, ayoko naman gawing driver ang asawa ko.

super bratinella

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:51 pm »
No. My hubby drives for me if I have errand to go if he is free as it is also our quality time aside from the fact that I do not know how to drive just yet, but he is teaching me how to drive, and once I can drive on my own(I know it will really take time..huhu) I will drive and will not depend on my hubby unless he insist..hehe

Mai

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:36 pm »
NO, pero baka mahirap ang parking sa pupuntahan ni Wife? Kaya kahit she can drive she requires hubby to drive for her?
I don't drive pero my husband drives me to where I should go, wala naman reklamo, in fact sya yung greatest detractor ko na matuto mag drive, masyado sya maingat sa vehicles, he would just offer himself to drive me to wherever i'll go, with that di tuloy ako naging independent driver, and me company driver din kaming nagagamit ko kung di available si husband, kaya wala ako naging tyaga with driving.

hapee mamee

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:09 pm »
No. Me and my hubby have our own cars. Mahirap kapag nakaasa sa hubby kasi syempre we have our own errands to do. Nasanay din ako mag-isa nung nag work siya abroad, i was forced to be independent. Worked well for me naman, i got to know how to get around at nasanay magdrive sa expressways :)

blushberry

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 11:26:40 pm »
It's not the husband's responsibility :)  We should be independent enough to either drive or be able to commute.

anne08

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 11:42:59 pm »
No ... it's not the duty of the husband to drive for the wife. Specially if the wife can drive for herself naman.  Not unless the wife is injured, or doesn't feel well, etc etc. :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »
No, but it is the husband's duty to protect and be kind to his wife. 
Si wife naman, she should  try not to be inconsiderate. 

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Is it a Husband's Duty to Drive for the Wife
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 12:39:46 am »
IMO, no! pag sinabing duty edi driver na yon.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close