watch now

Author Topic: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share  (Read 18346 times)

mikelly

  • Guest
Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:44:53 am »
Hi there! Is there any fashion / shopping tips you can share? It can be from your style, thrift shopping or any do's and don't you live by in the name of fashion and shopping. 

Please feel free to post them here.  :)

rychel07

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:01:14 am »
don't shop when you're not in a good mood, may tendency kasing you'll buy whatever lang tapos you'll then realize hindi mo pala sya ganun ka gusto or hindi sya fit sa style mo. but then, i know some people who shop to make themselves feel good or better.

and if i'm gonna use my card, i shop na after my cut-off, para i have lots of time to save and pay for the items pa on my next next bill. :)

fashion_addict

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:04:14 am »
always scour the place before picking up and paying for anything. chances are, you might find something better than what you paid for.

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:40:45 am »
Never ever pick up something because of the discount, pick it up because you want it not because you think you've purchased it at a very discounted price.

blatherina

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 12:13:18 am »

^ I agree. Pag may sale, iniisip ko muna: Would I buy this full price if I could afford it? Pag "no", big sabihin di ko sya ganun kagusto.

If a garment makes you look good, it will make you feel good, that means you'll wear it often. So, good buy.

I find it also helps to keep a list of things you need or yung mga priorities mo. I keep a list on my phone according to priority, like wants vs needs, para pag may nadaanan ako'ng sale, I just whip my list out. Keeps my spending focused, somewhat. Like a nudge from common sense. hehe


prisma

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:15 am »
Do not shop on impulse.  Scour the internet and shops for best price.

Am guilty of buying just because its cheap or on sale though.  Bad habit to break. 

chefytine

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 07:01:31 am »
wear you most comfortable shoes when u shop! para di manakit ang paa! ;D

chicafabulosa

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 07:19:32 am »
1. Buy something that will make you feel good and not because it looks good on other people. Sometimes yan ang mali natin, porke maganda kay person A, bili tayo agad without thinking and checking "Teka bagay ba to sa akin or magmumukha akong Cocoon dito?".

2. Ikot ka muna sa ibang stores to check if they have better option. Wag agad bibilhin ang isang item. Kasi baka sa ibang store may mas okay pero since nabili mo na yung item, baka magsisi ka naman.

3. Always buy clothes na marami ang purpose. Meaning pwedeng pang office, pang gimmick, pang party. Kasi minsan we tend to buy clothes ay pang party lang to, pero di natin naiisip na bakit di na lang ako bumili ng clothes na pwedeng pang office rin. Mas makakatipid tayo nun.

4. If you must, buy accessories na lang. Baka may mga clothes ka dyan na all you need is a good accessories para maging okay ulit. And always mix and match your clothes. Para naman mamaximize yung use nya.

5. If you have any clothes na say lumuwag na kasi pumayat ka, why not pasikipan mo na lang in that case di mo na kailangan bumili ng new. Or better yet, check if bagay lagyan ng belt para kahit paano meron ka pa rin shape di ba.

kathwalks

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:16 am »
Do not splurge on trendy items, those item which will not last all-year round. If I will buy an expensive, branded item,
it should be something that will last long. There are thrift stores and bazaars for the "uso"

chikka101

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »
Be adventurous, dont stick to "what works" always, you're missing out on alot of possibilities.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:01 am »
Here are some of the things I live by when it comes to shopping:

- Fad is not always fab. It doesnt mean that if it works for other people, it will work for me too. Thus, I dont go for fashion, I go for style and comfort.

- I can scrimp on clothes but not shoes. I spend a lot on shoes cus nothing breaks a really great outfit than limping because of sore feet.

- I dont forego totally on adventurous colors. Because I'm morena, I used to think that yellow and pink would look like a disaster on me but when I tried on hues that were flattering for my skin tone, I started buying more items with those colors.

- Know thy body type and buy clothes according to it.

- I'm an implusive buyer so I have learned to look around and detach myself from an item that screams my name. But if I cant sleep without it or I simply cant get it out of my head, I would definitely go for it.

- I buy practical clothes, meaning pwede on other occasions and not just a one time thing. Even my office clothes can be worn outside of work too, mahal yata ng clothes ngayon kaya dapat ma-maximize sila.


thefilipinoynetrepreneur

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:13:01 pm »
> I read guides, be it sa magazine or online (sa blogs and forums).

> I window shop first, list down my wants and screen these wants again after ilang days. Pick ko 'yun mga gusto ko lang talaga. Separate them into two lists: 'yun di na pwedeng i-delay bilhin kasi may budget and 'yun pwede pa balikan within a month.

> I research mall finds sa online shopping sites.

> I do not limit myself sa malls; I hit ukay-ukay, garage sales, bazaars.

> Nag-aabang ako kung tuwing kelan ang sale.

andywandy

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:49 pm »
1. Splurge on items that are classic. White polo, for example.
2. Do go to malls that offer you both - affordable and expensive clothes - to keep your options wide open.
3. Go to SM Southmall since they offer both. Especially now they have Promod (YES), Terranova, Parfois, G by Guess, etc.
3. Always wear comfortable shoes.
4. Have a mental note on what you want to buy.
5. Always shop with a friend.

beady

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:36 am »
Look around first before purchasing.
Take your time, it gives you a moment to think what you SHOULD buy or not.
Don't think that if something looks good on someone, it will also look good on you. Try it on and think twice.
Parade infront of a large mirror in the fitting area, don't be shy. It will save you money!
Think about what you'll wear it with before buying.

CoolChick

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 08:05:18 am »
- If you find something you really like and it is on sale but it's too big for you, you can buy it and have it tailored to fit you. Chances are, after tailoring it, it will look better since it will fit you perfectly.

- A tailor is your friend. Buying ready-to-wear does not mean it will fit your body nicely right away so it's good to bring in your clothes to have them altered. Also, if you have clothes that you haven't worn in ages, see if you can have it tailored to look more in style and for it to fit you better.

- Take photos in the fitting room. You'll get to see better how the whole outfit will look on you (Those mirrors in the fitting room can be deceiving at times, I swear! Lol!). Plus you can send it to friends to ask for a second opinion. :)

- Your shoes / bags / accessories don't have to match but should compliment each other. When in doubt, look at magazines / displays / people out in the streets to get an idea on how to mix things up. It's ok to copy until you're comfortable to mix it up on your own. :)

- Invest on good undergarments. A good fitting bra actually can make a difference on how your clothes will look on you. And while on the topic, white under white is white. So when wearing a white shirt wear a nude brassiere. :)

Anthony01

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 11:23:51 am »
Fantastic stuff here , I do like some FB pages and other links ,  I am just curious to know that if there is any links about the body exercises and smartness too.I think it will be good to add such thread for infomration.

thefilipinoynetrepreneur

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 05:06:51 am »
- Invest on good undergarments. A good fitting bra actually can make a difference on how your clothes will look on you. And while on the topic, white under white is white. So when wearing a white shirt wear a nude brassiere. :)

I really like this advice. :)



When I will be shopping for clothes, pumupili ako ng isusuot on that day na madaling suotin during changes in between.

GirlPowerStore

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:08 pm »
if you will be shopping for makeup, skin care products try to read some blogs or reviews FIRST before buying them.. there's a lot in youtube or simply google the product you're interested in buying :)

chimei_17

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51:49 am »
dont buy things because it's "uso" buy something that looks good on you

Oblina

  • Guest
Re: Fashion / Shopping Tips You Can Share
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:05 am »
- research on the item or brand you want to buy, read forums before actually buying it
- buy quality brands, those that are classic
- don't hoard items especially the cheap ones, just so you can have a lot of styles to wear and choose from
- stick to quality brands that you trust
- stick to your budget
- if you really want something but short on budget, don't buy an alternative item - you will eventually regret not having the item you've been planning to acquire
- save up for bigger spending power

I've been to a a couple of shopping countries recently, yung talagang pupunta ka lang for shopping, pero I only spent on brands I trust, items I have researched on kung saan makakamura pero orig, mga kailangan ko lang talaga na quantity, ayun umuwi akong happy, content, at hindi hikahos :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close