watch now

Author Topic: Bags for School  (Read 21701 times)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Bags for School
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:26:27 am »
What brand of bags do your kids use for school? 
What about for grade schoolers and high schoolers using back packs?

Please share your opinions. I'm really at a lost on what brand is good and what
other brands are reasonably priced. All I know is Jansport!

Thanks ;D

silverbarrow

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:05:09 pm »
If your kids are still in grade school, stroller bags from Illustrazio  and Hawk bags for me are very durable. I bought them on a mall sale years ago since it is a bit pricey if you buy it in regular price (can't remember how much they cost now cuz it's been years na) Yung mga bags na may character designs like Barbie, etc. IMO ay madali lang masira. Ewan ko lang for the others ha, baka kasi sobra ding  binarubal ng mga anak ko yung mga bags  nila kaya naging ganun  :o

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:56:00 pm »
^yes sis, character bags don't last at all. My kids are past the stroller bag stage but I was thinking that it may help other parents who are looking around at bags too. Thanks for you input :D

stormy

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »
Ayanna sis hawk bags nga. Naiisip ko Ito kanina d ko Lang maalala :( yung model nila naalala ko si John pratts :( sensya na senior na :)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:18 am »
^no prob, sis stormy. will check out hawk bags :)

yndy

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
pasali...

i remember havnig hawk bags when i was still studying... grade one na yung stepdaughter ko this coming schoolyear... i bought her trolley pero character bag since yun ang gusto niya... malapit lang naman din yung school nila and i plan to get her another bag for her books. hindi pa naman niya siguro masisira agad yun... anyways mura lang siya around 250.00 lang bili ko sa sm last week..

helencons

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:35:19 am »
In my son's preschool, they were only required to bring long plastic envelope with sturdy handle as their daily.  But my sister bought him a deuter kids backpack, while I, on the other hand, bought him an allerhand backpack and allerhand lunch bag.  I'm not fond of buying character bags coz they usually don't last long or usually fad lang.  Kaya I'm training him to be satisfied with normal bags kasi they last longer.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »
helencons, I saw Deuter and Allerhand bags at Rustan's.  Allerhand is super pricey, I almost fainted when I saw that a mini-backpack costs P2800!  Eh I have 2 kids.  The Deuter mini backpack on stock naman has no available color for boys aside from blue.  I want my twins to have different bags for school, not terno or same lang.

Where can I find mini backpacks for four year-old boys?  Essentially, they will just be bringing a set of clothes for changing, some toiletries, maybe snacks and a small tumbler.

angelparrot

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »
hawk bags are very durable ... 

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »
Marose, uso pa ba ang Samsonite Huggy School bags? I used to see a couple of them at that bag boutique outside of Rustan's gateway.  What about Skip Hop bags? My son would use small Adidas back packs when he was in preschool.. with matching batman or robin costume :D

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:18:17 pm »
^ Skip Hop is overpriced here.  I'll check bags at Hobbes and Landes and that backpack store in Greenbelt 5. :)

helencons

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 08:00:21 am »
helencons, I saw Deuter and Allerhand bags at Rustan's.  Allerhand is super pricey, I almost fainted when I saw that a mini-backpack costs P2800!  Eh I have 2 kids.  The Deuter mini backpack on stock naman has no available color for boys aside from blue.  I want my twins to have different bags for school, not terno or same lang.

Where can I find mini backpacks for four year-old boys?  Essentially, they will just be bringing a set of clothes for changing, some toiletries, maybe snacks and a small tumbler.

I didn't buy the allerhand bags here marose.  The bags (deuter/allerhand) were bought in singapore, its cheaper there lalo pag sale.  Kaya nga when I saw the price of allerhand in rustans, my jaws dropped.Although I appreciate Rustan's efforts to bring in more brands, sad to say, sobrang overpriced sya.  I love allerhand bags, I actually collect them.  Yung diaper bag ko from them sobrang ok pa until now so kinonvert ko na sya na carry all/overnighter bag ng kid ko.   

Hmm, maybe you can try columbia? once we bought a small backpack there.  the straps would be longer though, so you can either cut or sew them for the meantime.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
^Thanks for the tip about Columbia.  I plan to go to Trinoma's Green Light Sale (even though I dread Trinoma sales because of the crowds) so I can check out bags.  Trinoma has a lot of merchants kasi so I am hoping we can find bags there. :)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 10:15:46 am »
Marose, were you able to buy bags at the sale? We opted to avoid the sale and have the kids choose at ROX BHS. They got Jansport and a brand that starts with D. I cannot remember na. hehe.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:43 pm »
^ I didn't go to Trinoma anymore.  I got the kids Quiksilver mini-backpacks from Bratpack at Greenbelt 5.   :)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 03:36:14 pm »
Marose, nice din Quicksilver! I, on the other hand, ended up with a Deuter messenger bag. Daughter and I love the gingham print of her Jansport. Siyempre, girly print. There's even a pocket for her thermos.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 04:23:04 pm »
^ Rustan's sells Deuter kaso limited na ang choices.

I saw that gingham Jansport.  Cute nga!

imnuttz

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:48 pm »
im still looking for a bag for my daughter, she'll be in grade 2. the school do not advise the parents to buy the trolley type of bag since they will leave naman their books sa school. ano kaya maganda? puro mga character bags na trolley ang nakikita ako. i want sana something that will last long kahit na pricey basta tatagal.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 04:43:29 pm »
^ Check the bags at Bratpack.  The store carries brands like Jansport, Quiksilver, Sierra, Eastpak, etc.  The branch in Greenbelt is well-stocked. ;)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Bags for School
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 04:51:21 pm »
Your best bet is probably where Marose directed you, sis. ROX BHS didn't have that much to choose from.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close