watch now

Author Topic: Foursquare  (Read 7224 times)

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 11:59:59 pm »
Kaaliw din yung Swarm badge (4sq flashmob!), for venues where 50+ people are checked in. I got it last year sa San Francisco Intl Airport.

$ale... seeker!

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:13 am »
^ so far, i only have 14 badges and 3 mayorships... ang dami nung sayo sis! :D do you connect your check-ins on other social apps like Fb & Twitter? ;D

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 12:24:41 am »
^I don't have (and don't want to have) a Twitter account. I've an FB account but I rarely (as in rare, less than 10x ko pa lang ever ata nagawa) post my 4sq check-ins dun. Nakaka-flood naman if ever di ba? Yung Instagram ko minsan, kino-connect ko sa 4sq.

$ale... seeker!

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »
^ yup, nakakairita when you see sa newsfeed na puro check-ins ;D and besides, we have the option naman if we want to share our check-ins to either both Fb & twitter or just Fb/Twitter. 

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »
^ tama, tapos ulit-ulit lang naman check-in.. yun pa malala eh sa house lang nya :P haha kanya-kanyang trip nga lang. :P taas na ng points nyo. I have to check mine pero alam ko baba pa yun, kasi lately lang ako nag-start kahit nag-dl ako dati pa & dati kasi wifi dependent ako pag lumalabas (so if walang wifi, wala din silbi phone ko sa internet, haha...) :D

LiL019

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:41 pm »
Question: how does this work or help if you have an establishment? need pa ba ng establishment to create an account or it will depend lang sa mga users who constantly checked-in? Thanks in advance ^^

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »
^ I think for establishments, it's for publicity and for earning good and bad reviews. I heard some establishments give freebies if you had "checked-into" them - not the practice yet in the Philippines AFAIK, but on many establishments in the US.

Foursquare is more of a social network though.

Anyone can create an account. Try it. If the place isn't listed yet, then just add the place and its address. To really appreciate it, you have to add friends. It's fun if you find a friend who happens to be in the same place where you have checked-in.

u8mypinkcookies

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »
^ yup, sa US my friend received a free dish nung nag-checkin sya sa resto. She was surprised nga e :) di pa kasi ganun dito sa atin e...

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
There are some places here that have specials for checking in, too. Like Agave Mexican Cantina in Morato and a salon (I forgot the name). Sometimes different pa ang freebie/discount pag ikaw ang mayor ng place tapos nagcheck in ka.

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 08:31:03 am »
^ Hirap ng nasa bundok ako hehe.

Sana meron na rin dito mga discounts.

Mostly, yung Foursquare users here are just using it not for the freebie, but for simply enjoying telling other people that they had check-in to some place.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »
Yep, I hope they expand their perks locally. Hirap pa pag na-addict sa 4sq, whenever I travel abroad, kalurkey roaming bill ko. Last summer during my Las Vegas vacay (wala pang bill cap) mega bill shock ako 28k!!! Buti di ako nalagot kay hubby. Mostly kakagamit ng map and 4sq din.hahah

summerchic

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 03:13:17 am »
I have 448 check-ins, 18 badges, 5 mayorships. ;D 

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:58 am »
To date:74 points (slOw week for me, lazy mode)

34 badges
19 mayorships         I got ousted as mayor of my daughter's school last Wed. One week na kasi sya absent due to asthma.

jieb_720_ohs

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »
How does one become a mayor of a certain place? Medyo matagal-tagal na din ako gumagamit ng foursquare pero never pa ako naging mayor.  :(

summerchic

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 12:11:39 am »
^after a few check-ins mga 4-5 sa isang place pag madalas magiging mayor ka na.  :)

jieb_720_ohs

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 11:26:32 am »
May ibang factors pa ba bakit hindi ako nagiging mayor? Ive checked in more than 30 times na eh.  :(

summerchic

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:35 am »
Matao ba yun lugar na yun?  Baka may nauuna sayo mag check in na halos araw araw andun.

jieb_720_ohs

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 02:50:26 pm »
I dont think so. Kasi everytime na nag che-check in ako, wala naman ibang tao.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 03:01:24 pm »
^Pwede rin naman di kayo nagkakasabay nung "mayor". I get that, too, with a lot of places. Even when I visit a place daily, I still don't get the indicator na..."6 days to go till you become mayor..." and such...pag plain check in na you just get points lang, it means malaki lamang nung iba mag check in dun than you.

jieb_720_ohs

  • Guest
Re: Foursquare
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 12:52:49 pm »
Oh ok. Sana naman maging mayor na ako. Hehe.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close