watch now

Author Topic: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby  (Read 221351 times)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2011, 01:12:02 pm »
Lis, subukan mo frozen grapes kay B. But I slice the frozen grapes into halves then I place it inside the fruit mesh.. Sarap na sarap sila plus good for teething babies :)

As for banana, messy siya sa fruit mesh kaya I mash and give it to her na lang.

The other day we tried yogurt. Winner! Naubos ang isang cup! Nagalit pa! LOL
She has tried strawberry flavor and melon flavor(but I had to take out the jelly bits) -- bigay lang sa amin kaya thank you na lang ako. I went out to buy her again strawberry yogurt. Sarap na sarap siya. Nestle ang brand na binili ko.

Today, she will have avocado for snacks. I'll go out to buy her yogurt again tomorrow.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2011, 01:18:44 pm »
^try putting ground cheerios on top of the yogurt. i used to give that to my panganay.

clueless

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »
Grace, will try nga the grapes. Thanks.

We gave her plain yogurt. Ayaw niya. :( i have yet to try it with mashed fruits. Hopefully better kasi not as sour na siguro. Sabi ng pedia dont give muna flavored ones kasi madami daw preservatives?

Ang hina nga niya kumain eh, when she had avocados, kaya niya 2 ice cubes in one feeding. Now hindi na. So yung supposedly 1 cube of rice + 1 cube of vegfies eh di niya nauubos we half the cubes. In an day bali tig 1 cube lang siya. :( and we give her na lang muna now the food we know she likes like carrots, squash, sayote, potatoes, brocolli.

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »
^Ako Lisa, although I try to keep J away from sugar, if her baby food has no taste eg. avocados, I added a little condensed milk when I blended it. Not sweet but good enough sweetness for her. Ayun! 3 cubes of avocado!

As for yogurt, yuck talaga ang plain kaya go ako sa Nestle strawberry yogurt. Nagalit pa kasi ubos niya ang isang tub! hahaha :)

Naglaga ako ng chicken with potatoes and carrots. I added slices of white onion (which I also took out before blending) and a tiny, tiny dash of salt. She ate 3 cubes too.

Kanina, I blended a can of del monte peaches. While I was transferring it into covered ice cube trays, nanghingi. She ended up eating 3 cubes equivalent -- LOL

So, in my humble opinion, I would say it's okay to add a little taste. Basta hindi maalat at all. Takot din ako na di kayanin ng kidneys niya or if too sweet, ang blood sugar. I did the same with the bagets and they turned out fine :)

Follow your gut if you want to add a little more taste to your baby's diet.

port80*

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2011, 09:03:12 pm »
Wow, this thread is very informative :)  Thanks to everyone for the tips.  My baby is just 14 weeks and I'll probably feed her solids on her 6th month only but I'm researching as early as now because I don't eat veggies (I know I know!) so I have no idea how to prepare them.  The only veggies I ever buy for the house are potatoes (they're not even veggies!), carrots, pechay, cabbage, capsicum, mushrooms -- as these are the only ones I know to prepare. 

I don't want to feed her bottled / processed baby food as much as possible because I grew up on those thus am very picky with food.  Besides, I'm on maternity leave for a full year so there's really no excuse for me not to be able to prepare my baby's food.

Again, thanks everyone and keep the tips coming! :)

clueless

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »
i want to buy avocado again for baby. meron si green grocer sana para organic but i have stocks of frozen veggies pa, di ako aabot sa minimum order na 500. sana next week meron pa

we gave her plain yogurt with mashed melons. ayaw niya pa din. she had 2 bites, naasiman as in kinilig then she wouldnt open na her mouth! so rice + sayote ang bagsak namin.

i also gave 3 pieces of happy baby puffs. i tried this na a couple of weeks ago yata yon. parang nanibago siya and medyo nag-gag so i picked it out of her mouth kasi baka ma-choke. when i tried again today, nilagay ko lang sa may lips niya para medyo matunaw muna before the whole piece gets into her mouth. then maya-maya nakita ko medyo nagch-chew na siya! so naka-3 siya. this was while we were waiting lang for the yaya to finish warming the rice + sayote. we will give more siguro later on. for merienda.

next week, i will try mixing chicken na with her veggies. anyone knows where i can buy organic? kung wala, my next option is bounty fresh's free range chicken. my dad is growing organic native chicken sa farm for my baby and my sister's twins but they won't be ready for a couple of months.

anyone knows din where i can get organic eggs?

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2011, 09:56:36 pm »
^parang I remember seeing organic eggs during the weekend bazaar in eastwood mall. Try also checking salcedo market

pumngold

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2011, 08:36:27 am »
out of stock na raw ang rice cereal ng earth's best sa any branch ng healthy options.   :(

_pink12_

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »
Yes sis pumngold, out of stock na raw few months ago pa.

I bought for my baby Earth's Best carrots, sweet potatoes and squash. We gave her the carrots kanina, ubos nya agad yung isang bottle ng Earth's Best lol!

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »
out of stock na raw ang rice cereal ng earth's best sa any branch ng healthy options.   :(

Healthy Times is a good brand as well. You can it from healthy options

Mrs.Z

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2011, 05:04:39 pm »
Hi,

My baby started eating solids na just this weekend. How long ang adjustment ng baby to eating solids? I know sa umpisa mahirap talaga pero kelan ba sila medyo nasasanay?

reb_woods072683

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:31 pm »
my baby doesnt like promina too. cerelac lang kinakain niya, and sometimes chicken, fish. I haven't tried boiled egg sabi ng pedia ok din yun. pati ba yung white ipapakain o yung yellow lang?

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2011, 07:54:48 am »
^depends on how old is your baby. You can refer to this http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/eggs.htm

Eggs (especially the white part) are highly allergenic. For my panganay, we only introduced eggs when she was 18months old given our family's strong allergy/asthma history

pumngold

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2011, 08:04:00 am »
Di ba before taking the flu vaccine, you should know your baby is not allergic to eggs? so panu yun if my baby will be due for the flu vaccine if she is just below 12months old.

rianne_mallows

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:20 am »
at 8 months.. lahat na nakakain ni baby.. well except those na talagang bawal (chocolates, junkies.. etc. )

wala na siya gag relflex ;D

pumngold

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »
Ques here: Can i make baby food such as masehed potato, carrots good for 3 days then refrigerate lang (not freezing)? will it be safe naman kaya without milk pa naman and they are placed in separate airtight containers i.e. one container per day?

delisyus

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2011, 03:45:38 pm »
so far my 7.5 month old has eaten:
sayote
squash (local and acorn, yet to try butternut)
avocado - didn't like it
sweet potato (white, yellow & orange)
apple
banana
potato
papaya

yung earth's best rice and oatmeal cereals, he prefers oatmeal... usually din i combine this with other stuff para lang variety

i also buy earth's best jarred food... i am training him kasi to eat jarred food for our upcoming HK trip... but I generally only buy varieties nga na I can't cook at home... he likes green peas and the summer vegetable variant... yung spinach & potatoes looked like poop, kakadismaya to feed him, haha

my son got sick recently din so i try to use breast milk for all his meals (and usually to cut the acids from jarred foods) to make up for the weight loss... and i offer bananas more now since he's pooping a lot

Oh...i've also recently started mashing more food now and I store in reused Earth's Best jars and just store in the ref... that's what I take sometimes when we're going out. I haven't tried yet yung 3-days old stuff, usually the next day consumed na din :) 

I am also wary about introducing other fruits because both my boys are recently very allergic...

now...where can you find non-commercial yogurts? kasi those sold in supermarkets are highly commercialized and sweetened eh.

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »
^try checking the eastwood weekend food bazaars. Sometimes they have stalls that sells yogurt

reb_woods072683

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2011, 02:18:05 am »
^depends on how old is your baby. You can refer to this http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/eggs.htm

Eggs (especially the white part) are highly allergenic. For my panganay, we only introduced eggs when she was 18months old given our family's strong allergy/asthma history

amber's turning 10 months pa lang. yung yolk na lang siguro muna para safe. thanks sis!

how do you give apple? thin slices? and also banana?

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: baby's first solids: preparing and storing solid food for baby
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2011, 07:11:37 am »
^i put banana/apple slices in munchkin fresh food feeder. for bananas, i give it mashed as well

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close