Author Topic: Strings  (Read 145227 times)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #420 on: May 25, 2015, 12:31:29 pm »
Thanks for the tip sis! I will definitely ask Ted to revise the contract just to be sure =) Anima is out of my budget too hehe but then I am letting this expense in, then I might just get at Dj for after party, unless we really find a band we like =)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #421 on: May 25, 2015, 12:34:21 pm »
Chili, rightback, I'm jealous that you have MSM! We hired a classical string quartet as well but they charge extra for any songs outside of their standard classical repertoire, so I'm only having contemporary songs for the processional and recessional. I know those are the important bits, but I'd have loved to have contemporary songs for my prelude and cocktail hour, too :)

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #422 on: May 25, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »
sis sevenstars i didn't consider the other groups kasi its either we get MSM or i'll just have an ipod play vitamin c quartet or the piano guys :) although i asked around a bit and they price difference was not that big compared to the other groups. i was a bit sneaky lang to convince h2b. for the extra charge do other groups do it per song? parang sayang kasi.

Good luck sis Chilli! Ted is easy to talk/email anyway so I think he'll budge :)

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #423 on: May 25, 2015, 01:03:23 pm »
rightback, the charge is per song nga. :( I relied on my coordinator's recommendations for the musicians since I'm having an overseas destination wedding; I did a lot of online research but couldn't find a quartet with a mostly contemporary repertoire. The quartet she booked for me is good naman and I guess that's the most important thing -- just have to make the best of it :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #424 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:49 pm »
rightback: Vitamin String Quartet is precisely my peg!! LOL Thank you and good luck sis! we have 2 suppliers in common already: MSM and Ghe C =)

sevenstars: I am sure your quartet will do a good job sis! Plus its is destination wedding, and the main highlight for the guests will be the venue itself =) Unlike my wedding, where I kinda have to beef up my entertainment hehe

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #425 on: May 25, 2015, 02:21:29 pm »
sevenstars, yes indeed make the most of it na lang. you never know your musicians might also be a good surprise for you. just enjoy your day :)

Chilli1113, getting a bit excited about this na. Hoping for less stress for us!

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #426 on: May 25, 2015, 02:37:02 pm »
Thanks Chili and rightback! The venue was a huge splurge so I hope it pays off, lol.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #427 on: May 25, 2015, 03:48:46 pm »
Sad! Ted of MSM emailed back saying that they can extend a bit but he declined to revise the contract to indicate 7hrs instead of 5 hrs playing time. =( =( Buti pa Anima, it says in their contract only that they play for 45 min during dinner aside from the ceremony, and the traditions. But Anima doesnt specify a maximum number of hours that they will stick around.

I am confident though in the professionalism of MSM. I am sure they'll get dyahe naman siguro to leave even if the 1st dance song hasnt been played yet. Moreso if Anima Choir is still around, I don't think they will just take off. So Im still getting them anyway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:50:46 pm by Chili1113 »

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #428 on: May 25, 2015, 04:40:01 pm »
oh sad nga! sana he'll consider once you have the final details as to which part of the reception they'll play. kahit until dinner man lang. although if your wedding starts at 3 and assuming reception is around 7pm, that might still be enough time for them to play until dinner at least. baka kaya naman ma negotiate yan once you have your program flow na. probably just have the first dance once you enter tapos dinner na. then they're free to leave na after. but yes, i don't think they'll leave naman even if wala pa yung first dance.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2015, 08:06:02 am »
Finally, solved na rin our issues with musicians. Since the Pastor requires his own set of musicians to play during ceremony.. we are giving them the ceremony proper tapos they gave us the Prelude, Processional, Pictorial and Processional Parts. So I have 2 sets of musicians na magpplay sa church.. Johanna of Impressions Music Ensemble understand naman why we have to split the parts.. I don't know the name of the group but they play for the Friends Again church and I was assured na magaling sila. Yipee ok na ceremony ko finally!! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2015, 10:59:09 am »
Happy that you were able to sort things out sis belle! That set up sounds great. Everybody's happy. One last push! :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2015, 12:41:20 pm »
Glad everything is sorted out belle_v2g!! I am sure your wedding will so perfect!

jrevelry

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2015, 01:27:49 pm »
for rightback:

Hi there, we're also considering MSM. Our wedding ceremony will also start at 2pm then dinner reception. Did you have to pay for the additional 6k for the broken time?

Thanks!

mrsg

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2015, 03:29:19 pm »
hi guys! i inquired with Libante last Monday until now waley reply hehe! may updated rates ba kayo mga sis for 2015? Tia! :)

rightback

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #434 on: May 26, 2015, 03:59:39 pm »
Hi jverlry, nope no additional. But for us we might move our reception din around an hour earlier around 6 pm. We're not letting them play sana during cocktails since we wanted that outside on a separate holdong area. But i think they're not super strict na sakto 5 hours pack up na.

jrevelry

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #435 on: May 26, 2015, 04:54:02 pm »
Hi jverlry, nope no additional. But for us we might move our reception din around an hour earlier around 6 pm. We're not letting them play sana during cocktails since we wanted that outside on a separate holdong area. But i think they're not super strict na sakto 5 hours pack up na.

Thanks for the quick reply! Maybe we'll discuss adjustments with them as well :)

Reynamargallo

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #436 on: May 26, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »
hi guys! i inquired with Libante last Monday until now waley reply hehe! may updated rates ba kayo mga sis for 2015? Tia! :)

Hi sis!  I got Libante Strings. My contact person is Jeanne Libante. She is really nice.

I got them for our wedding this december. Madali silang kausap and mukhang di ko na sila kailangan i-face to face meeting .

Matagal lang sila mag reply thru text and most especially email. What you can do sis is to send them again a text message and ask them what is the best time to call. Most of the time, sila mismo ang tatawag. :)

mrsg

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #437 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »
Thanks sis reynamagallo :) nagreply na via email with the rates, im thinking if meron na akong l/s supplier, sila na magpprovide ng requirements ng musicians? Like mics per artist, etc.. Hope you can advise me mga sis! Tia! :)

joy89

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #438 on: May 27, 2015, 03:49:37 pm »
Sis mrsg, yes, just forward the requirements to your lights and sound supplier so they can provide the equipment needed :)

rosie1011

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #439 on: June 12, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »
Hi everyone! :) If you are currently engaged to be married, I really need your help! Please click the link below and answer my survey on the wedding music industry. This is part of my final thesis campaign for my masters program at DLSU. As a token of my gratitude for your participation, I am raffling off to one survey participant 40% discount on wedding string quartet services c/o the Manila String Machine. Please answer my survey on or before June 19, 2015. Thank you in advance for your time, and congratulations on your engagement! :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sDk16MVaA5wki0hxx_3yO9zga5MfxVo7iNXhkQXw5GU/viewform?usp=send_form

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close