Author Topic: Strings  (Read 145107 times)

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »
sis ang concern ko lang is baka hindi na magstay yung guests for the after party and we really want to highlight our band kesa strings. sobrang fan kasi kami ni h2b nung band na yun and we really paid a lot more to get them. :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »
Maybe you can have them during cocktails while guests are waiting for the couple and then after party if may mag stay. Strings can play during dinner time para relaxed atmosphere lang. :)

joy89

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
^ sis bzbee, I had 3 nung wedding ko. Yung strings, they were tasked to play during the processional, bridal march and picture taking. Our choir, since hubby and I are members of that choir, we made them sing during mass. During cocktails, the band were assigned to sing then yung strings sa buong reception, then band again for the after party :)

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »
Hi sisses! :) Has anyone ever heard of the manila string ensemble? They used to be part of the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra daw. I'm thinking of booking them! Any feedback would be appreciated! :)

joy89

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2015, 12:44:43 pm »
^hi sis, is that the same with manila string machine? If yes, I heard of their name before but I haven't seen them perform. One of my friends will get married this April and MSM yung musicians nya.

lippiequeen

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2015, 01:38:43 am »
We attended my friend's wedding they got Da Capo. Ang ganda ng boses ng male singer. Baka sila nadin ang kuhanin namin

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #386 on: March 27, 2015, 04:50:33 pm »
I really want to get manila string machine. But it will be more expensive for me to get them because ill have to hire my singers separately sine MSM is an instrumental group. Anyways I might get Anima for vocal quintet plus 1 keyboard + Manila String Machine. Anyway I am still exploring my options.

ms_joyvi

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:29 pm »
hi sis chili1113. Do you have rates ng Manila String Machine for 2015? 2015 bride ako pero wala pa din akong ensembles. TIA!  :)

Sa ibang sis. Any recommendation for string ensembles  besides Manila String Machine & Libante.. TIA  :)

litterbox

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2015, 02:04:18 am »
Hi! Any feedback on String Minstrels?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2015, 02:57:38 am »
^Hello ms_joyvi!! the rate is have of manila string machine is 20k for quartet and 25 k for quintet for both ceremony and reception. What I like with them is their basic quartet includes 2 violins, 1 viola. 1 cello... a classical string chamber quartet. WHile others claim to be a quartet but have 1  violin, 1 keyboard, i flute, i guitar/percussion. BIG difference when it comes to sound. The other quartet setup is more apt for lounge/bar music.

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2015, 08:43:50 am »
here's what i've gathered so far from email inquiries and flyers from bridal fairs. once we've finalized the details with our band, we'll focus on this na. shortlist muna then we'll try to watch them live. important kasi samin ito especially for the bridal march song I have in mind. hope this helps!

Quintet Rates (1 or 2 singers, 3 or 4 instruments) for Ceremony + Reception

28k = Manila Philharmonic Orchestra
25k = Manila String Machine
24k = Bernie Pasamba
20k = Anima Choir
18k = Libante
18k = SJT
18k = Muzikqlass
17k = Enrico Braza

ms_joyvi

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:52 am »
Hi bzbee!
Is it okay if you could e-mail me the rates of Libante? here's my e-mail just in case: ms_joyvi@yahoo.com  TIA  :)

Hi Ms Chili1113!Thanks for the info! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2015, 11:08:55 am »
Ay really sis chilli? Shocks. We got quartet + soloist from Bernie Pasamba. For his quartet, there are 3 choices: (a) violins, cello and piano; (b) 2 violins, flute and piano; and (c) flute, violin, cello and piano. When we met him this week, we asked what instruments would he recommend for our wedding. He recommended that we get one of each instrument. He has been in the industry for several years and has played numerous times in our venue so I trust his judgment on that. Hope ours will still sound great.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2015, 12:13:07 pm »
^sis caleeice,  we got impressions music ensemble for our ceremony and reception music, and we've chosen the quartet with 1 male singer.. we have the option too to choose which instrument we like but I'll leave that to hubby who definitely has more knowledge than me about that stuff. I'll ask him tonight and will give you a feedback too. :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:16:20 pm by belle_v2g »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2015, 12:27:00 pm »
caleeice: Don't worry sis! Youre in good hands with Bernie Pasamba and my guests really noticed them before.  I recommend that you watch their Youtube videos and take note of the names of the singers so that you can choose/request the singers Bernie will send on your big day.

Their instrument combination is the usual one everyone uses these days. It still is good so no worries. In my case lang, I want a more classical sounding group, plus I like the repertoire of Manila String Machine.

Sorry to say not all groups are good. Some groups heavily rely on their keyboardist and just somewhat play along with their flute and violin with little peeps of sound. I also don't like those groups that don't use classical violins and use electric ones that vaguely resembles a violin.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:46:55 pm by Chili1113 »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »
Chili, I thought a string quartet was always violins + viola + cello! I double checked tuloy to see what instruments the group we booked is bringing lol.

lilypot

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2015, 12:57:02 pm »
Try niyo SJT mga sis. We got them for our wedding and they're good. 22k - quintet, last year ko na book. Ceremony and reception. Ako pumili ng instruments btw, pero you can ask them ano maganda. We only got 1 singer and everything seemed fine naman.

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2015, 01:22:02 pm »
^sino yung mga groups na "not so good" na to sis Chili1113?  Give us idea para we know :)

I think depende rin on the type of music you are having.. kapag string quintet, obviously puro strings yan. but if you have other instruments like piano, flute, other wind instruments etc.. they call themselves jazz ensemble,  wind ensemble or rock ensemble.

nagtataka nga din ako before kasi I read here somewhere na they have quintet pero 4 instruments lang, ngayon isinama pala ang singer sa count, when in fact, normally hindi talaga sya kasama.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:48:06 pm by belle_v2g »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »
^Heheh belle_v2g Hmmmmm wag na the names sis hehe Kasi ayaw ko naman mangdamay ng mga group who are maybe only starting out. But I think the best way is to really check the live youtube videos, and if possible visit the groups at their gigs to hear them live before booking.

I am only saying this because I have come across some on youtube na talagang yung keyboardist lang yung nagdadala sa whole group niya. Then the flute and violinist medyo nag play along lang ng mga basic notes/chords. Tapos the percussionist sobrang hilig gamitin yung chimes niya  na minsan parang wala sa tiyempo hehe So parang sayang lang kasi, parang extra lang talaga the other musicians as it is the keyboardist doing all the work heheh

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: Strings
« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »
4 pc ensemble plus 1 male singer ang kinuha namin but we have the option to choose what instruments we want..
1. Piano, flute, violin, bass
2. Piano, flute, violin, cello
3. Piano, flute, 2 violins
Personally, I like option 1. :)
Tapos our genre naman would be our favourite 80-90s love songs .. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close