watch now

Author Topic: US TV : FRIENDS  (Read 5140 times)

lekcin

  • Guest
US TV : FRIENDS
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:41:23 am »
wala ako nakita thread, but this tv show is worth having its space dito sa GT forum.
let me start asking, who is your favorite friend?

JENNIFER ANISTON : RACHEL GREENE
COURTNEY COX : MONICA GELLER
LISA KUDROW : PHOEBE BUFFAY
MATT LE BLANC : JOEY TRIBIANNI
MATTHEW PERRY : CHANDLEIR BING
DAVID SCHWIMMER : ROSS GELLER



ako super fave ko talaga si joey! super stupid niya pero super sweet siya and funny, anyone seen the episode where he join a gameshow, tapos matalino yung kapartner niya? but he was the one who needs to answer, then puro kastupid-an mga answers niya? haha

i also like phoebe buffay's, she plays dumb too, but in a different way, hers is parang joke time stupid ee, unlike joey's stupid- stupid talaga ee. i like phoebe's fashion sense, ultimate bohemian chic, and my fave episode of her is the one na super tantrums siya becase she's preggy, then nagbaby shower sila rachel and monica sa kanya. laughtrip! the best

pixiedust

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:33:07 pm »
i remember a friends thread here before pero baka naka archive na.

nasabi ko na yata to sa lumang thread. when i try to choose which character i love, sobrang hirap kasi i feel each character compliments one another. each one of them may super gusto akong trait. kaya sobrang love ko tong series na to. i remember nung time na bum ako, sobrang naalter ang body clock ko kasi i'd watch an entire season sa you tube. 3 parts each episode so i load the next video while watching one. di ko namamalayan 1 season na pala napanood ko. lol

what i love about each of them:

joey - sobrang eng eng talaga! and yung feel na feel niya minsan yung pagka actor niya. plus who would forget the line "how ya doing?". and that time nag fall siya for rachel super awww....

phoebe - her stupidity is so endearing. plus yung quirkyness niya is so adorable. i love the way she comments minsan. parang out of the blue na sablay. winner yung smelly cat!

monica - her competitiveness can be annoying yet funny. yung extreme oc-ness niya, i find it super funny minsan. like yung time na di siya makatulog kasi naiwan niya yung slippers sa labas ata and that time when she cleaned the car in front of their building kasi madumi and ended up cleaning the other cars on the street.

ross - his geekiness and uncoolness is so funny. there are a lot of episodes din na may pagka mayabang siya about stuff he claims to know (like karate) tapos chinachallenge siya usually nung mga girls. and this usually ends up hilariously.

rachel - favorite ko yung pagka opposites nila ni monica. kung si monica super oc and neglected ng family (kasi fave nila si ross) siya naman lazy and spoiled. parang siya yung version nila ng cheerleader/dumb blonde in hs.

chandler - his hirits are super hilarious. my all time favorite was when they were watching monica's prom video and she was fat pa then. so monica tried to defend herself by saying that the camera adds 5lbs. tapos biglang hirit si chandler ng "how many cameras are actually on you?" lol

ok, i just searched for some friends vids in youtube. naku baka di nanaman ako makatulog nito. lol!

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:32 am »
^ yung kay monica din, TOW the dirty girl (rebecca romjin), yung pinuntahan niya pa sa bahay para lang linisin yung apartment. laughtrip yun. also, in the same epi, yung line ni joey, "now you go get that beautiful pig!" Lolololol. ;D

i agree-it's hard to pick a favorite. though i have a soft spot for phoebe and madalas ako mainis kay monica. but i can relate to all of them kasi. so i love them all. :)

My fave Phoebe song is "2 of them kissed last night." Ang kulit kulit. "he must decide! he must decide! eventhough I made him up, he must decide." ;D

lekcin

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:50:19 am »
ako i like the grandma's song.

the "how ya doin" line is one of the classics sa US diba?

sis pixiedust and sis mooncake tnx for nice analysis!

super bratinella

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:10 am »
Everytime I want to feel good, I watch Friends, the most favorite part ko na binabalikan balikan ko is when Rachel and Ross are still together part, ang cute kasi nilang dalawa. At the same time Joey nakakatawa when his grandmother visited him to watch his part in soap opera ending up na cut ang part niya so nag tape sila ng video just across apartment tapos [textspeak!] ang pinapanood niya sa grandma niya. may ducks pa na extra. Sobrang lakas ng tawa ko dito!!!

Phoebe is also cool when singing smelly cat, there should be an accent. sobrang non sense naman ng song!haha

bhey0624

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:56:26 pm »
i love this series.. when i was on maternity leave, pinanood ko ulit ang friends specifically yung rachel / ross parts, when they get back together. for me bagay talaga sila hehe.. but i love them all.. nasabi na lahat ni pixiedust and agree sa lahat ng sinabi nya haha.. up to now, linya pa rin namin minsan ang "how ya doin?" pag nagbibiruan kami :) hayyy mukang manonood na naman ako ng Friends nito :)

gnela_21

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 03:44:47 am »
I LOVE LOVE FRIENDS! For me this is the best sitcom/comedy show ever!
There were soooo many episodes I love, my personal favorite is the one where they had a contest, tas kung sino mananalo, mapupunta sa kanila yung apartment ni Rachel/Monica. That's sooo funny. Or the episodes na secret pa yung love affair ni Monica and Chandler, tas isa-isa nilang nalalaman. Pinaka-gusto ko nung nalaman ni Joey, as in nanlaki mata nya!  :D Tas hindi nya alam kung pano hindi sasabihin sa iba.

I love phoebe's wedding. I even used her wedding march for MY wedding.

janedoe007

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 01:21:56 am »
I'm gonna revive this thread lol! F.R.I.E.N.D.S has got to be one of the best if not the best sitcom/series evah!  ;D I was super late to discover this series. Early this year lang because when it was first aired back in 94' I was too young to get the jokes hehe & when it ended in 2004 I was still in HS & couldn't relate much with the "lives of young professionals" situations nila (now pati lyrics ng theme song nila feel na feel ko/relate much). I've seen an episode sa Warner bros. TV this march ata and was surprised at how funny the show was and all the characters will grow on you. I was hooked ever since. I LOVE IT!

I adore all the characters but my favorite character has got to be Joey! He's just extra adorable and sweet and really such a genuine genuine person (I mean his character was). For FRIENDS fans and those who still haven't seen this series, reruns are still played at WarnerBros TV at sa Velvet or 2ndAvenue channel ata yun.

traveltechie

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 01:31:17 am »
best. series. ever. kahit ilang beses mo mapanuod yung episodes, nakakatawa pa rin. i miss them!

mrscolunga

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:24 am »
Yung isang fave episode ko yung nagka-gap sila about money kasi sina ross, chandler at monica malaki ang sweldo while sina joey, phoebe at rachel(waitress pa sya nun) e nagtitipid. Wow, things got real!
My fave is chandler coz he's so sassy and messed up because of his parents. Second si phoebe kasi new age ditzy pero streetsmart! Plus she's a good actress!

Madness

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:19:06 am »
ay ako din. started watching the series this year lang tapos season 10 pa nga yun kase naabutan ko lang sa ETC kaya wala akong choice kundi panoorin. and then yun nga, infairness ang funny ng series na eto. I love Joey, Phoebe and Chandler. Minsan si Ross. Pero yeah, lahat na sila. Kahit nga si Jennifer Aniston, na usually eh hindi ko naman gusto, aba dito na surprise ako, effective nga siya sa comedy. Too bad di nagproject sa movies ... hehe  ;D

evilwoman

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 05:20:29 am »
Guilty pleasure ko ito.siguro naka 4 na ulit kami panood ng lahay ng season nito tapos tuwing nakakatyempo ako ng rerun,nanonood pa din ako. :)

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »
Early this year lang because when it was first aired back in 94' I was too young to get the jokes hehe & when it ended in 2004 I was still in HS & couldn't relate much with the "lives of young professionals" situations nila (now pati lyrics ng theme song nila feel na feel ko/relate much). I've seen an episode sa Warner bros. TV this march ata and was surprised at how funny the show was and all the characters will grow on you.
[/quote]

This post just proves the show is so timeless. And also proves how good the series really was.  ;)

I've been watching since it first aired ABC 5 pa nun, on local TV, few months or so late pa dito sa Pilipinas. Caught up on VHS, kasi mas mabilis pa if you borrow VHS sa rental shops, while wait for an episode to air on TV then. :D

That was...about 1994. And almost 20 years after, I watch this show now and still laugh really hard at the punchlines. Truly one of the best TV shows. I cannot count how many times I've marathon-ed season 1 to 10 since it ended.

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »
Oo I remember watching this when I was younger..may mga funny moments pero when I started watching it again college na..mas a appreciate ko na sya..

Favorite ko Chandler and Monica ♡♡♡ medyo naiisip ko kami ni bf sa kanila..
Naiiyak ako everytime I watch mon's/chandler's proposal.. pati wedding ♡♡ kaya fave ko season 5-7 :) 

We have vcd/dvd collection..paulit ulit nood..minsan natatawa na agad ako bago pa dumating punchline kasi inaasahan ko na..
I love this show

mrscolunga

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 02:53:46 pm »
rewatching the 2nd season now... ako rin i love monica and chandler's relationship kasi mukhang di planado yung love story nila, unlike ross and rachel na 1st season pa lang alam na.

janedoe007

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 06:08:01 pm »
@Sis Mindy indeed timeless classic itong FRIENDS. I do marathon of the series myself haha gang wee hours.

I do love Chandler&Monica's love team, I think their characters were meant to be together. My fave Chandler lines that profess his love for Monica was when he talked to Anna Farris to reconsider yung sa adoption. That was such an awwww moment....

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »
Ang hilig ko sa series pero eto di ko pa napapanood. will watch this pag nagkaron ako ng mahaba habang time. nakakabitin kasi kung paisa isa or padala dalawang episode lang ako per day. But, will get a copy of this. 10 seasons to, diba?

Mindy

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 06:13:42 am »
^ Yup, 10 Seasons. And you will not notice the time when you're watching. :) Once you start, before you know it, naka-4 na episodes ka na in one sitting. That's always been the case for me every time I watch.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:45 am »
Yeah, Friends has an enduring quality talaga. There are a lot of tremendous comedy shows today and even in the past but for me, Friends is the most dependable sitcom of all time. I watched Seasons 3 & 4 over the weekend and I still laughed out loud, literal na LOL pa rin with the punchlines even though I've seen all of it plenty of times before. If sitcoms are the valium of the TV world, Friends is on another tier. It's the show you watch when you're tired of sitcoms. Walang umay. :)


simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: US TV : FRIENDS
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »
^ dahil dito, gustong gusto ko na sya mapanood!! :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close