Author Topic: Putting a CURSE on another person...  (Read 21818 times)

beautiful lady

• GirlTalker
Putting a CURSE on another person...
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:07 pm »
Do you believe in this?  For me, if a person is truly a good person - God loving, pure hearted Christian, then they do not do these types of things.

I had an encounter with an old lady and she told me that she once put a curse on her ex-husband because he left her for another woman.  Her ex-husband is now married with two children.  They do talk once in a while and still communicate.  But she told me that when he left her, her world came crashing down.  And, she cursed him so that he will have a hard life.  And he did.  They didnt speak for a few years.

Now all is okay between them because he has contacted her again etc.  She is almost 80 now.  And according to her, he still checks on her from time to time. 

This old lady is very prayerful and religious.  She told me she had a little tiff with someone and she also put a curse on this person. 

For me, i think she is really not a christian lady for doing that.  Do you believe in these things?  I think that when you put a curse on someone, you are really cursing your own self.  Self prophecy.  That those words that were meant to harm will go back to you especially when she is the one at fault.  Is this of God what she did?

She thinks she has this power and that her words are deadly.  But imo, it's her who is cursed.  She's living and growing old alone.  Her entire family all have children to take care of them, spouses who are with them in their old age... while she is living alone in a boarding house.   :-\

She said she cursed this person and said:  In 5 years, you will get into a car accident, lose your job, etc.

What the  :-\  ???  The Blessings always overrides the curse.  The more you curse someone, the more they are blessed.  And those words that were meant to harm another, will actually harm the person who said those things. 

Is that someone who prays the rosary?  goes to church every single day to hear mass?

I hope you can all share your opinion on this matter.  This old lady seems nice but she has had a bitter past.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:42:42 pm by beautiful lady »

missywitchy

• GirlTalker
    • Best Philippines Travel Guide
Re: Putting a CURSE on another person...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:50:19 pm »
Ayyy... bad ito...super. Kasi ang balik is 6x negative karma dun sa nagbigay ng curse.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:03 pm »
BEAUTFUL LADY, your observations are valid.

Cursing, well... most people do some form of hexing/putting curses on others while not yet mature.   Hindi ba.. madapa ka sana, mabundat ka!  kids, they say that.  But to slap hardcore curses on others as this 80yo does .. nakakakilabot na yon ah.

Actually, you do not have to curse people to fed-ex their karma.  hehe   Just think clearly of the wrong they have done  you, then throw it to The Universe "for appropriate action".  Then wait,  ma fed-ex talaga karma.  hehe

IMO,  people hex/put curses on others out of envy,  need for revenge and/or to address their feeling of pagka-inutile (hindi makasipa back ika nga).  Well, IMO again -- the best revenge or antidote to envy is to work on one's self.. to strive harder, to advance one's self faster.. coz, living well .. that is what slaps people you wanna even scores with.

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:29:13 am »
sabi sa Bible...ang sumpang di nararapat ay parang hangin lang na di tatalab...palipad lipad lang..something to that effect.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:37:30 am »
^ that's a comforting thought.

beautiful lady

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 10:39:27 pm »
thank you all for your responses but yeah i don't believe that these things are true either.  in fact, i believe the person that does these things...they're actually cursing themselves.  what happened to her ex-husband, that was just coincidence or whatever.  people sometimes lose their jobs and they get back up.  he's living a life with his new wife and kids while she's all alone--growing old all alone in a boarding home.

i hate when older people make comments like these as if they are God.  but yes, it is nakakakilabot.  she is one of the most prayerful people too.  she goes too church daily... but she is salbahe for someone her age.

as i get older, i see how people are cruel and mean and i can see how some people as they age, get bitter about things.  i hope not to be like that. 

beautiful lady

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 02:24:02 am »
mga sis, this old lady did it again to my friend... she said, "you will encounter more and more problems in life"

OMG

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:47:26 am »
Do you believe in this?  For me, if a person is truly a good person - God loving, pure hearted Christian, then they do not do these types of things.

Is that someone who prays the rosary?  goes to church every single day to hear mass?

I hope you can all share your opinion on this matter.  This old lady seems nice but she has had a bitter past.

ang response ko naman ay eto.

most of the time, people who lack experience in these matters are those with strong opinions.

it's like person who talks about the horrors of war without having seen it or having been there. an example of this would be the shooting of children. a few years back medyo konti lang aware neto. but now a lot acknowledge that enemies use children. and soldiers have no choice but to shoot them.

i have more respect sa skeptics na sumusubok kesa skeptic na ayaw man lang lumabas ng bahay or who hides under the protection of their religions belief.

For me yes curses do happen. but rarely do we meet someone who really can curse. sometimes its just a thought form of fear. and it passes from person to person like an urban myth thats taking a life on its own.

you see people hate other people everyday. if it was easy to curse, ang dami nang nacucurse.

eto nakwento ko na noon in other threads. I have a teacher, she's one of the senior students of our main teacher.  she was asked by our Main teacher to face a number of practitioners of this south east asian martial arts. sila yung group na nakakabasag ng bote/vase/baso, even if they are 30 feet away. they can push you even if you're 30 feet away. one popular demonstration pa nga is that they energize a lightbulb, drop the ight bulb and hind mababasag yung light bulb. then they will take away the protective energy and drop the bulb and it will break.

back to the story, my main teacher ask those practitioners, i think 20 if i remember correctly, to push the senior teacher. patumbahin! so they all tried. but was not able to push that person away or push her down. her technique was simple, she blessed them with divine love.

so anyone with ill intent, bless them with divine love. of course don't subject yourself to danger din. if ayaw mong ma pickpocket. do your responsibility to hide your personal items very well and avoid danger zones. in the same manner,  avoid that person.

yung mga matitinding curses na nakita ko, usually transfers from generation to generation.

sorry, medyo conservative ang stand ko dito, unless you have her checked out.

since she's "spiritual" most probably she as achieved a certain level where the power of the spoken word becomes strong. power takes no sides. it can be used for good or evil. and this person feeling niya tama siya and she uses it for the wrong reasons.

for sure makakarma siya, because no stone will be left un-turned. but the thing is, kung talagang mabait ka. wala dapat mangyayari sa iyo. di ba may mga situations na merong only survivor of a horrible event. he survived because he wasn't karmically entitled to suffer. like the 3 people that my friend and i rescued from a car crash years ago. the grand parents eh naipit sa harap ng sasakyan. while their apo, was thrown out of the van, into the windshield (glass broke) and on to the road. hindi man lang nagka pasa yung girl!!! we found out later that the girl is a lecturer sa religion nila.  and teaches sunday school.

in the same manner, kung totoong mabait ka na tao. hindi ka dapat maaapektuhan. kahit marunong pa mag curse yung tao.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:53:43 am by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

crunchymyx22

• Makeup Addictus
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • None
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:12 am »
siguro nagchurch lang sya kasi alam din nyang nagkakasala sya sa Diyos kapag may kinucurse syang tao, pero since iniisip nyang yun lang ang paraan para makaganti sya sa ibang tao, ginagawa nya yun ng paulit-ulit.... iba rin kasi beliefs ng mga matatanda sa cursing....imo.

missywitchy

• GirlTalker
    • Best Philippines Travel Guide
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »
mga sis, this old lady did it again to my friend... she said, "you will encounter more and more problems in life"

OMG

Kahit na sino pa ang nag "curse" sa iyo, wala syang magagawa sa will of God. Tell your friend to strengthen her relationship with God, to forgive and seek forgiveness, dahil yun ang tamang gawin. Pero if the person who curse her refuses to forgive and take back the curse, ipagpasa-Diyos nya na lang kamo ang lahat. That old woman, may be an ardent practitioner of the sacraments of the Church, but I do not believe she is a true Christian at heart. Dahil kung maka-Diyos ka, then you know that the right way is to forgive those who sinned against you. Hindi gawain ng taong maka-Diyos ang isumpang me mangyaring masama sa kapwa nya. Kahit na anong dasal pa gawin nya, balewala iyon kung gumagawa ka pa rin ng masama sa kapwa mo.

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:45 pm »
^ that's a comforting thought.

ganon? hahah! fair enough naman ang Panginoon para iprotect ka sa curse ng iba kung di naman dapat talaga. Here's the exact verse:

Ang sumpang di nararapat ay hindi tatalab, tulad lang ito ng ibong di dumadapo at lilipad-lipad. Kawikaan 26:2
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 04:22:54 pm by miss resilient »

blackshirt13

• Late bloomer
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Who is blackshirt13?
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19:49 am »
From Jigoku Shoujo (Girl from Hell): "When one person is cursed, two graves are dug."

Meaning, the person who was cursed and the person who made the curse. And I actually [sort of] believe it. Just like with anger, it's like taking poison then waiting for the other person to die. Makes sense, right?
I'm on Blogger and WordPress

ms.holly

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 08:07:53 pm »
Im a little unsure as to how I feel about this, a part of me thinks cursing is genuine specially coming from deeply spiritual people its like they have the ability to summon good/bad omens specially if they've been wronged.

But I dont want to believe in it simply because it is not fair. Because we have all erred in one point or another but to curse you for it, isnt that too much.
It scary if you believe in it. but I choose not to and as most of you said as long as we are good people no harm/curse should deter us
The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

buzzhang

• GirlTalker
    • Hire a VA Now
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 06:58:30 am »
Putting a curse to anyone is not a good thing to do. Instead of doing revenge to the person/s who have caused you pain, just pray for him/her or simply prove that person that what he/she did doesn't affect you at all. Doing good deeds won't harm people. :)
Signature edited.

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 12:04:20 pm »
^well, we sometimes or oftentimes cant pretend that were affected by mistake done by others deliberately. ang siste na lang diyan eh mapagpray na mapatawad ang ginawa nilang masama.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:51:03 pm by miss resilient »

ladyisabella

• GirlTalker
  • ~GT StaLkeR~
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 09:22:05 am »
nung iniwan ako ng bf ko halos isumpa ko na sya, as in galit na galit ako sa kanya. dumating pa ko sa point na naghahanap na talaga ako ng mangkukulam para saktan sya.  pero nung natutunan ko sya patawarin sa LAHAAAAAAT ng ginawa nya. Nawala yung pain..lahat..naging smooth ang lahat. Thank God at di ako natuloy sa masamang balak ko sa help narin ng mga taong concern sakin. FORGIVENESS is the key and also Pray to GOD.
..Just another lesson to be learned, Gotta move on and  not lose faith
..Just another obstacle to take in my life before it gets too late
I won't give up
I won't stay down
This is what life's worth living for
I still believe in LOVE

miss resilient

• Nagbabalik......
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • IloveJeremiah
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 10:24:34 am »
share ko lang yung nabasa ko sa 1 samuel 24 last night...Saul made an oath na mamamatay ang kumain sa araw na iyon dahil labanan, hindi alam ng anak niyang si Jonathan ang oath na iyon...kaya ginawa niya at pinakain ang mga nagugutom na sundalo..na hindi kumain dahil sa oath ni King Saul. nalaman ni King Saul ang ginawa ng anak at natakda niyang hatulan..pero dinepensahan siya ng mga sundalo dahil di naman siya dapat mapahamak dahil sa oath na iyon.

berrycherry

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love berries...
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 02:24:54 pm »
eto ha, based from my experience, I don't know kung matatawag bang curse ito.. so here's my story...

I have a neighbor(lady) here in middle east,actually may family sya (magkatabing pinto lang kame).. Before nagkaron na kame ng mga misunderstandings ( inggit, tsismis ganyan) in short close friends na namin sila. But may isang attitude lang talaga sya na pinaka ayaw namin, mahilig syang magsinungaling na wala sa lugar. Maybe she has the reason kung bakit sya nagsisinungaling, but for us, iba ang nagiging dating samin.

Then recently lang, lagi ako nagtatanong sa kanya, kung kamusta na si ganito, ano na nangyari, and she always say, "DI ko alam"... I don't know kung bakit sya nagsisinungaling, di naman confidential or tsismis yung mga tinatanong ko sakanya.. Then last week lang I asked her, Nasaan na si ____? And she said again,  "DI ko alam eh", she looks weird that time, and I felt na may tinatago sya sakin. Inabot na ng 2 days and I can't stop thinking talaga kung ano yung tinatago nya sakin.

Until nagfacebook ako, then I found out kung bakit di naka attend si ____ last week. Na-miscarriage na pala yung friend namin, which is alam naman namin na ganun ang mangyayari na talaga. But she didn't tell me anything na may alam na pala sya.

Nagagalit ako sa kanya dahil yung mga ganung klaseng bagay ay di naman dapat itago pa samin dahil magkakaibigan naman kame diba, and alam na din namin na ganun ang situation.. I don't know kung bakit sya ganun sakin, I'm trying to be kind at her naman really.. But kapag nalalaman ko na parati na lang syang nagsisinungaling sakin, I'm trying talaga na intindihan na lang sya.

Inis na inis talaga ako sakanya that time,So sabi ko sa sarili ko, makakarma din yan, sana mamatay na lang sya, wala naman akong magagawa sakanya kung gusto nya magsinungaling ng magsinungaling sakin e... Then kanina, nabalitaan ko may trangkaso daw sya...ngeee.... Curse ba iyun mga sis?

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. --coco chanel

pikapika2501

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 01:21:36 am »
I believe TS (Thread Starter) is correct.

She thinks that she was able to curse someone and the way we can see it, it shows that she is still living a messed life thinking about him. Thinking about the pass. The person. She's trapped. Thus, I believe that's a pretty cursed life that's way better than what his husband has.

I'm very sorry for her though. Hopefully she gets over it....

imyourangel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »
Well, you reap what you sow.
You sow curse, it'll bring back to you.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close