Author Topic: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?  (Read 46619 times)

papemelroti

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2016, 12:20:18 pm »
i dry-cleaned mine at Jeeves and they charge 8,000 upwards. I could have gone for a slightly cheaper laundry shop that charged 5000 but the great thing with jeeves is that it repairs any loose thread and beads on your gown and they have a really good procedure of cleaning your gown. i was really impressed.

I still want to sell mine though but ph market is all about keeping their gowns. OLX naman, super mura. the price I paid for dry-clean would barely cover the cost of selling the gown.


angelholics

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »
i think it depends on how heavy and detailed the wedding gown is for the dry cleaning services. I heard from a friend hers was from E.Teng and the dry cleaning was around 2000 from somewhere in cainta/antipolo area.


yannuh

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »
Sakin din asa box lang after idry clean and ipack ng maayos. Ayaw ko na lang ibenta for sentimental reasons😁

stylus

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »
^magkano binayad mo pa-dry clean sis?

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »
^1k sis sa laundry shop lang near our house.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »
After a couple of years, my gown is still in my closet serving as my "secret" eye candy. I take a peek from time to time hehe it makes me happy like that :)


MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2016, 09:31:25 am »
^Nice one sis.  ;D I think your wedding gown will always bring good vibes.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2016, 10:50:41 am »
Sabi nila dapat daw naka-hang yung gown. Not sure why. Hehe.

I've decided to sell mine! So far I posted it at OLX pa lang, does anyone know where else?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2016, 08:57:17 pm »
Thinking of selling my gown.  Gonna try to sell. Any sites where I can sell it?

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2016, 12:23:53 pm »
totally agree that sis Chili1113's gown is super elegant and super ganda .. heart heart heart hehe

Kc111215

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2016, 12:55:36 pm »
Hi! I sold my wedding and reception gown sa olx. The dry cleaning pina shoulder ko na sa buyer.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2016, 01:36:57 pm »
Thanks so much girlush and angelholics!! =) My only regret is sana I was more decisive about my belt because I had 2 belts made and I had to add 4k for the 2nd belt, and another 4k for extra beading and swarovski on my gown na sana no na kasi parang di naman kita sa pics and video. Super madami na the beading on the bodice to begin with not seen the extra ones I had added on the hips. Sayang also my 8k hehe.

HMisabelle

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »
woah Chili1113! your gown is so elegant. :D x

mrs_mcta

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2016, 07:18:21 pm »
It's in our culture kase na i-keep yung wedding gowns until our daughter or close female relative will use it again.

There's a business who puts wedding memorabilia in shadow boxes (I think Cristine Babao owns it, not so sure) -- bouquet, cord, veil &/or wedding gown.

I saw somewhere naman na they keep their wedding gowns and then ipapa-alter for their baby's binyag and it will be turned into the christening gown & then yun na yung itatago as keepsake. :)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »
I thought I was ready to sell my wedding gown and posted it online. But today I had an inquiry and she asked me why I was selling it, and I was flooded with second thoughts. Tee hee I was even saying that she the train was not so heavily beaded compared to the bodice, hoping a bit that she might lose interest. Gosh what is wrong with me?! LOL!

Has anyone here sold their gown and regretted it? OR is it the other way around that you regret not selling your gown while it was super new and the cut was in fashion?

juwie

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »
I just sold my wedding gown. May onting sadness coz I really loooove my gown, but also glad I was still able to make some profit out of it. after all once ko lang naman talaga sya masusuot and i want to free up the space it was taking sa house namin.

https://www.stillwhite.com.ph/

^ this site sells 2nd hand wedding gowns.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »
Juwie: Thanks for sharing the site. If I do sell my gown I'd rather sell it via consignment through a proper site. May I ask sis if your gown is by a Philippine designer? did you sell it through the site? I noticed most of the gowns on the site are foreign brands. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:19:59 pm by Chili1113 »

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2016, 08:06:48 am »
Mine has been in its box (together with the accessories) for more than 10 years now. Sometimes i take it out (when i'm cleaning the storage room) and show it to my kids and they'd try it on and play with it LOL  (but of course it's too big pa for them)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2016, 09:39:03 am »
OK... so I couldn't bear to do it. After posting my gown for sale I had several serious offers, one of which is a friend of mine too and wife of our groomsman. But I couldn't DO IT!!! Even if some were willing to purchase at my asking price, I wasn't ready to part with my gown so I backed out. Kakahiya lang to the ones inquiring.

Never thought I would have a difficult time letting go of my gown, and I am not a sentimental person. Perhaps it is because the wedding was less than a month ago. But I know also the reason why it is fetching a good price (50% of the cost is actually a good ROI for a gown), is because the gown is new. If I wait for several months I don't think I can sell it that high anymore. Oh well, nevermind for now I'd rather keep it.

itsKat!

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33:58 am »
^ I saw your post Chili! your gown is really gorgeous. I was even tempted to inquire, although I already have a designer for my gown.

Though my wedding is not yet done, I don't think I can ever sell mine too. haha. For me it's a symbol of something (although I don't know what it is), just like the wedding ring.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close