Author Topic: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?  (Read 46637 times)

reese17

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2015, 01:13:50 pm »
Nice idea rin yan sis. But what will you do with the old bridal skirt?

Hehe most likely throw away na? I have a ball gown kasi and the beading is really on the bodice. The skirt is tulle :) Super nadumihan siya nung wedding kasi nag-pictorials kami sa garden tapos super long train pa so kung sinu sino nakatapak sa gown ko. Lol

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2016, 05:26:31 am »
Hi, Sisters -

Any recommended dry cleaning services for the gown in Makati or nearby area? My gown is two weeks old and I want to have it cleaned ASAP. Still thinking of selling or preserving it. Hubby will not mind whatever route I'll choose.

TIA!

glacy_rein

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2016, 12:02:48 am »
My mom's wedding gown is still intact after 18yrs, sinukat ko pa sya to see if I can use it pero beige pala sya or offwhite in which my husband prefers close-to-white gown for me. Kasal na sila sa Civil at nag-Church wedding nung mga 8yrs old nako, it is still at home in a big tupperware, sealed and under their bed.

Ayos din pang-reminisce. And true kailangan ipa-dry clean agad otherwise didikit na yung dumi. Try Famous Dry Cleaners :)

mimai1122

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2016, 07:30:25 pm »
I don't have a wedding gown since we had a civil wedding only (still dreaming of a church wedding even if we've been married for 13 years!). But, I remember my mom's, my lola's, - and my sister's wedding gowns.

My mom got married in 1967 and when I graduated from high school in 1985, a part of it was used and added to my grad dress, which was primarily my paternal grandmother's wedding gown. My lola's gown was transformed into a formal puff-sleeved dress, with the embroidery still intact. Part of the embroidery came from my mom's gown. Then, a few years later, mommy's whole wedding gown was used as props for a musical that we staged at the (now defunct) Dalubdulaan of the Metropolitan Theater. It was placed on a mannequin.

My sister's wedding gown, which was especially designed and sewn by our cousin, was redone and turned into a white lacy summer dress. :)

miss_coder_04

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2016, 10:05:19 am »
Ako i posted it in OLX for sale. I'm not the type of person kasi na keeper sa mga stuff lalo na alam ko di ko marereuse. So kesa maluma better na i-share ko sa mga bride na tight budget. :)

stylus

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2016, 01:00:27 pm »
Hi girls! May marerecommend ba kayo kung saan okay ipadry clean ang wedding gown at nagvavacuum seal na rin?

meixin

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2016, 04:48:48 pm »
^Dry clean sa century park hotel. pero vacuum seal I don't know.. interested din ako kung meron :P

meixin

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2016, 05:06:36 pm »
After doing a google search, i found this --> www.thebridalconservatory.com
It says that they do museum standard cleaning and preservation of your gown. Price starts at 20k, depending on your dress...

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2016, 07:57:54 pm »
^Gosh, that's too much. Haha, coming from someone who had her gown drycleaned for a measly 900 bucks. I'm also planning to sell my gown soon. I super duper love it, but as my hubby pointed out, have no use for it anymore if im not wearing it again...

rowan

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2016, 08:01:38 pm »
^sparklingjewel, where do you plan to sell it? im thinking of doing the same thing hehe.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »
^Gosh, that's too much. Haha, coming from someone who had her gown drycleaned for a measly 900 bucks. I'm also planning to sell my gown soon. I super duper love it, but as my hubby pointed out, have no use for it anymore if im not wearing it again...

Where did you have it dry cleaned? =)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2016, 08:20:23 pm »
Where did you have it dry cleaned? =)

Where my designer has all her gowns drycleaned--- it's in the 4/F of her condo building in Greenhills.

^sparklingjewel, where do you plan to sell it? im thinking of doing the same thing hehe.

I honestly have no idea. The process has to be thought about. The prospective buyer needs to see and fit it firsthand kasi. And i dont want to be inviting just anyone in my home, which is highly restricted--- you need access cards to get to my floor and all that. :( Im thinking of selling it to a friend or even try asking my designer to buy it back nalang for her shows and exhibits.

twinxz

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2016, 01:01:14 pm »
^do you happen to know the name of the laundry/dry cleaning shop?

fattykat

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2016, 04:33:46 am »
Hi, ask ko lang hm mo nabenta yung wedding gown mo? Plan ko din sana yung akin.. Mabilis ba nabenta gown mo sa olx?

Thank you.

Kat

MedChic

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2016, 09:04:40 am »
^ same question. Nearing one year na nakatago lang sa box yung gown ko. Hahahaaay.

Space occupying. Ibenta ko na lang para mapakinabangan ng iba.

angelholics

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2016, 05:16:18 pm »
i am thinking of selling my gown too.. i heard a friend sold hers thru olx :) she sold it at 10k and no fitting required catch is, no return/no exchange LOL

MS_JanDel

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2016, 08:57:13 am »
I'll have my wedding gown framed and displayed in our future house.
I'm very sentimental about these things..hahahaha..
I want it to be displayed para remembrance din namin ni hubby ng araw na yun na kinasal kami.

Come to think of it mabuti pa groom no kasi mgagamit ulit yung kanila..hahaah

meixin

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2016, 10:02:12 am »
Sa mga di pa nakakapagpagawa ng gown pero nasa plan nang ibenta afterwards, I suggest gawin nyong de-tali yung likod instead of zipper para di kayo mahirapan ibenta yun (plus di kelangan sobrang strict ang diet hihi!) :D May churchmates ako ganun ginawa, and sabi nga nila easier daw mabenta pagkaganun, kasi naaadjust yung fit. Pero kung existing na yung gowns, well hopefully may mahanap kayo na same body type :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2016, 12:01:11 pm »
Months after our wedding, my wedding gown is now lying idly in my cabinet. I still don't know what to do with it. Haha! I know that my husband and my mum won't allow me to sell it. Good thing I didn't splurge on my gown otherwise sobrang sayang talaga.

Missus O

  • Guest
Re: ano magandang gawin sa wedding gown pagakatapos ng kasal?
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2016, 06:00:28 pm »
^ But it didn't show naman hehe. Your gown still looked great.

I also didn't splurge, bought it RTW. After our church wedding in June, it will go back to where it was hiding.. on the bottom of the closet, rolled up as it is now. Naaliw lang ako, kasi even if it's been rolled up ( I received it last year pa hehe),  when I unrolled it a few months ago, there were still no wrinkles. None at all :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close