watch now

Author Topic: Toddler Party  (Read 19899 times)

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Toddler Party
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »
Hi!  Im planning to have a party for my daughter's 2nd birthday...  I want to have a small party.  At first Im planning to have it at home since we have a garden.  But after making a guest list I realized that our garden wouldnt be big enough to accomodate all the guest comfortably.  My idea for this 2nd bday party is more on activities and no host or entertainers.  Please suggest activities for toddlers...

I am considering gymboree to moderate the activity but I have no idea on what they do on gymboree parties. 

Please give your ideas.  Thanks!

emeenem

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:25:25 am »
I had my daughter's 1st bday party at Fun Ranch. I brought in the services of Gymboree. They call it Gymboree on the Go (GOTG). Their activity was for an hour I think. They brought in their colorful mats and lots of the props you see in their Gyms. They will give you 3 persons (2 hosts and 1 alalay). You will choose which activity would you prefer for your kid. Merong puro music, merong arts. I chose music. So they were singing all the time while doing their activities (bubble blowing, playing with the props, they had maracas, singing happy birthday, going through the cushioned log, cleaning after their mess... etc). BTW, kasama one parent/guardian per kid dun sa area. Sulit naman for most of the kids. My daughter kasi was 1 that time so she had a stranger anxiety attack. Pero since you mentioned na 2 years old na yung kid mo, I think okay na yan.

Try to go to Gymboree first and have her play muna dun sa kanila. See if she enjoys it.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:08 pm »
When my sons turned 2, we had a party at home.  I hired a storyteller to entertain them.  Aside from telling stories (in a lively and interactive manner that is very interesting for kids), she also engaged the kids in a simple art activity connected with one of the stories and facilitated the games.  I also got a bubble show from a party supplier.   It was a refreshing change from the usual host/magician routine.

We had 22 kids and almost 60 adults.  Our home is not big ha but nagkasya naman.  More important, the kids had fun.

I also considered a Gymboree on the go party but our garden is too small for the parachute activity (the highlight).   

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:39:42 pm »
Thanks for the info and suggestions.   :)

What do they have at fun ranch?  parang venue lang ba yun or do they have activities there as well?


Where did you get the storyteller? What kind of stories? biblical?


Thanks again!!!

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »
I found the storyteller through a friend who works in a preschool.  Then I learned that she is an award-winning and accomplished storyteller pala.

The stories were about animals since we had a jungle theme.  I chose one of the stories, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak,  because I had a hunch it would be even greater when told in a dramatic fashion.  I was right. ;)  Another story was about that classic Adarna book, si Tiktaktok at si Pikpakbum. :)

I recommend simple stories from classic children's books.  Not so long because young kids have a very short attention span.

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:34 pm »
Can you please PM the contact details of the storyteller and how much charge nya?   Meron ba yan  props?

emeenem

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »
CarolineMD, try to go to http://www.kidsrulehere.com/ for more info on Fun Ranch. Yung sa Tiendesitas branch nila, malaki siya. Maraming laruan, inflatables, zoo, function rooms, kid's stores, restos... etc.

Nag rent lang ako ng isang function room nila na may indoor playground na (slide with ball pool).

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 08:12:40 am »
Can you please PM the contact details of the storyteller and how much charge nya?   Meron ba yan  props?

I sent you a PM already. :)

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 11:09:47 am »
did melody (storyteller) bring props for the story telling?  ive never attended a party with a storyteller i have no idea how they do it.  And most of my guests are between the ages of 1-3 do you think ok sa kanila yung story telling?

thanks again!

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:22 am »
^ I think I already answered your question in my PM. :)

yes, she brought props and materials for the art activity.  We had toddlers too and they enjoyed the storytelling.

Why don't you call her so that you can conceptualize?  That's what we did kasi.  I met with her, discussed my ideas, listened to hers and we jelled.  So I hired her. :)

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:37:26 pm »
Thanks!!!!

=)

its a really great idea to have story telling sa kiddie party.

rockstarmama

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:34:27 am »
For my nephew's third birthday, My cousin had an Arts and Crafts party. She bought coloring books, crayons, water color, paint materials, play doh and other craft materials for the kids. They all had a blast naman  :D

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »
im thinking of getting animaland as an activity and giveaway and the storyteller marose17 suggested...

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »
does anyone know where we can rent a big play mat?

Pretty_ava

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 02:58:42 am »
Ava's 3rd bday party is on the 15th.  sa bahay namin sa quezon province ang party. 

theme is angelina ballerina.  Fave kasi ito ni Ava.

since walang kahit anong entertainment na pwedeng i rent sa bayan namin, kinuha ko na ulit yung clown na nag perform nung 2nd bday nya, yun lang kasi talaga ang  option sa amin.  Clown/host na din sya. 

I'm so happy kasi marami na ang sponsors ni Ava kasi unica apo pa lang si ava.

Sa lobo-  si sis ko
sa chix - ninong nya na bro ko naman
sa cake- my mom
sa ice cream- my dad
sa lechon-my in laws
kaldereta- in laws ulet

saya saya, konti na lang ang gagawin ko.   wala pang ballerina outfit si ava, hahanap na lang ako sa SM for sure di mawawalan dun.    ;D

CarolineMd

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »
thanks for sharing! let us know how the party goes...

enjoy mag plan ng kiddie parties! =)

mom.of.inchikoy

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 09:37:34 am »
My son's 2nd bday will be in two months, until  now no preps pa din. I'm still waiting for the right theme for his party, hindi pa rin kami maka pili kasi sa dami ng favs nya...

He will be attending a toddler class by June, so baka dun na lang and a simple celebration at home...

Teacher_Cheryl

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »
When my sons turned 2, we had a party at home.  I hired a storyteller to entertain them.  Aside from telling stories (in a lively and interactive manner that is very interesting for kids), she also engaged the kids in a simple art activity connected with one of the stories and facilitated the games.  I also got a bubble show from a party supplier.   It was a refreshing change from the usual host/magician routine.

We had 22 kids and almost 60 adults.  Our home is not big ha but nagkasya naman.  More important, the kids had fun.

I also considered a Gymboree on the go party but our garden is too small for the parachute activity (the highlight).

Great idea!  I might just copy that when my son turns 2 on August.

KVsWahmmy

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 10:21:11 am »
My daughter turned two just a week ago and we had a Jollibee party. We had like 15-20 kids and a about 60 adults. Jollibee parties are sold na talaga para sa mga bata, they love him!  :D It was so much fun, less hassle pa for me kasi no ligpit moments na after. Hehe.

I'm considering having a house/swimming party naman on her 3rd, and would looove to have other unique activities that they can enjoy. :D The storytelling and arts and crafts sessions sounds really fun! :D I'm also thinking perhaps a cup-cake decorating activity would also be nice. :D

Hope to learn about more new ideas!  ;D

momai

  • Guest
Re: Toddler Party
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:04 am »
When my sons turned 2, we had a party at home.  I hired a storyteller to entertain them.  Aside from telling stories (in a lively and interactive manner that is very interesting for kids), she also engaged the kids in a simple art activity connected with one of the stories and facilitated the games.  I also got a bubble show from a party supplier.   It was a refreshing change from the usual host/magician routine.

We had 22 kids and almost 60 adults.  Our home is not big ha but nagkasya naman.  More important, the kids had fun.

I also considered a Gymboree on the go party but our garden is too small for the parachute activity (the highlight).

hi marose! pwede po ba malaman kung how much ang rate/fee nung storyteller?

thanks

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close