watch now

Author Topic: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional  (Read 339599 times)

heyitschel

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2014, 12:20:56 am »
sis my student permit will expire on march this year, hanggang kailan ako pwede mag  pa non pro?

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2014, 12:59:13 am »
Ang requirements ng drug testing depende ata sa branch. I got my student license, then non pro, pareho walang drug test. :)

heyitschel

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:16 am »
Ang requirements ng drug testing depende ata sa branch. I got my student license, then non pro, pareho walang drug test. :)

which branch ka po?

sushiandshoes

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2014, 07:23:55 pm »
Hindi na ako nag drug test! I will got mine tomorrow kasi nasa admin pa raw ng The Fort A1 branch ang aking Non-Professional Driver's License!

Skydance

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #324 on: January 13, 2014, 07:34:31 pm »
Hi sis sushiandshoes, congrats on your license! did you still take the practical exam? :) thanks!

purplemoon

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2014, 05:10:15 pm »
Hindi na ako nag drug test! I will got mine tomorrow kasi nasa admin pa raw ng The Fort A1 branch ang aking Non-Professional Driver's License!

Hi sis! Same question as Skydance, did you still take the practical exam?

Skydance

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:09 am »
sis purplemoon, I also took my lessons from Smart and when I asked if I would avail of their free licensing assistance, they said may actual driving pa din and you can only avail of it sa East Ave branch ng LTO.

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2014, 06:50:35 pm »
I'm currently taking driving lessons from Red1, their licensing assistance costs P1,400. May kasama pa ring practical driving test, pero sabi nila formality na lang daw kasi may kasama namang instructor from their company sa kotse. Namamahalan lang ako sa P1,400 e hindi naman nila ako susunduin sa bahay ko. Haha. Pag-iisipan ko pa kung magpapa-assist ako when I get my license in February.

purplemoon

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2014, 11:31:33 am »
sis purplemoon, I also took my lessons from Smart and when I asked if I would avail of their free licensing assistance, they said may actual driving pa din and you can only avail of it sa East Ave branch ng LTO.


Thanks sis! I got my non-pro license na with Smart's assistance and indeed, you still have to undergo both the written and practical exam. I also saw a couple of other people in A1 and Globe Driving School cars, so people who will get licensing assistance from those schools will need to undergo the practical exam as well. Although I think formality na nga lang sya of sorts -- the evaluator who was with me was the representative from Smart, and although namatayan ako thrice (!) during the exam, I still passed and got my license (although the evaluator did seem pissed, haha!). Now I just need to practice more, but at least I have a license na so kahit hindi na professional license holder kasama ko. :)

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #329 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:49 am »
Talaga bang months until makuha yung card? Gusto ko na makuha yung akin, para feel na feel ko yung driver's license ko. Lol. I got the tempo nung december, nung january binalikan ko tapos sabi sakin na the date sa "valid until" don mo pwede makuha yung license. E sa april pa yung akin. Hellooo, ang tagal!

reeseay

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2014, 03:47:56 pm »
would you know mga sis if there is any chance of getting a student permit kahet walang NSO birth certificate? we only have hubby's certificate issued by the local civil registrar.

and do Smart Driving assist din in getting student's permit? or dapat ikaw mag aasikaso neto on your own?

TIA!

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »
^^Lam ko kelangan lang more than a month old na yung student permit bago kumuha ng driver's license.

^Did some googling and found this: http://ifoundhome.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/lto-student-permit/. Might help with your problem.

Also, I think driving school's in general just offer assistance in getting a driver's license. The student permit you have to get yourself. That was the case with the driving school I went to, Red1.

Madali lang naman yun, I went to the Makati branch around 2pm and got my permit within an hour lang.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 04:09:57 pm by hazeru »

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:23 pm »
yung nag parenew ako ng license, sabi dun wala na daw talagang drug test. medical nalang.(Sa LTO ito)
And super love ko ang priority lane ng LTO (preggy kasi ako). ang bilis ko lang nakuha nung renewal ko. parang less than an hour lang ata.

~yufa~

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »
Ano ano ba pinapagawa for the "hands on" exam? I can drive na naman nakaabot na ako kung saan saan pero syempre di ko pa din perfect like uturn and pagliko liko. So baka mag-fail ako sa dun. I'm thinking of getting a fixer. worth it ba yun?

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »
I just got home from LTO East Ave today. Bit the bullet and got Red1's assistance, coursed through A1. I was the only one they were assisting that day for non-pro.

It's true that you still have to pass the written and practical exams, but they are relatively easy naman. The practical exam consists of just driving once around the track, with a short stretch of low slope. If you know your turns I doubt you'd have a problem passing the exam. I drove A/T, so it's a bit easier for me than for those driving manual siguro.

The whole thing, including getting the medical certificate, took two hours. Way faster than if we'd gone there un-"assisted". I was told I could get my ID tomorrow at my neighborhood Red1 branch.

Btw, A1 also assists pala with getting a student permit. The girl assisting me said she was also going to assist someone else later with a student permit. I guess other driving schools also offer this.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »
anyone who knows how to obtain a Philippine driver's license if you have one issues from a different country?

axlrocksmyworld

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #336 on: March 11, 2014, 12:08:57 am »
Sa LTO East ave na lang ba talaga kuhaan ng student permit? nagpunta kasi ako sa LTO project4 kasi yun ang pinakamalapit nung kukuha na ako ng form sa guard eh pasungit pang sinabi na renewal na lang daw duon..

Jaguar.Paw

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2014, 08:29:22 am »
renew nanaman! magkano na ba magparenew ngayon ng non pro? diba di na required drug test sabi sa news? bakit yung ibang branch meron pa din?

hay nako, sa lahat ata ng lisensya ko at nakailang renew na din ako.. walang matinong pichur!

at pag inabot ng swerte, bigla mag ooffline ang LTO!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:31:19 am by Jaguar.Paw »

AVIDGOLFER

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »
anyone who knows how to obtain a Philippine driver's license if you have one issues from a different country?
Here you go:
Student Permit for Foreigners
 
Qualifications:
 
1. Must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
2. Must know how to read and write in English or Filipino.
3. Must have arrived in the Philippines for at least one (1) month prior to the date of application with LTO and can show evidence from BID/DFA that he will stay in the country for at least five (5) months from the date of application.

Requirements:
 
1. Original and photocopy of passport with visa duration of at least five (5) months from date of application and any of the following:
a. Valid Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR).
b. If born in the Philippines, original and photocopy of birth certificate.
c. If student, original and photocopy of school ID.
2. For applicant below 18 years old, require parent’s or guardian’s written consent with photocopy of ID card to prove his/her identity. If not accompanied by parent/guardian, the written consent must be duly notarized.
3. Duly accomplished Application for Driver’s License (ADL) [Downloadable from LTO website].

Procedures:
 
1. Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Driver’s License Application Form. (This form is available for download here. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
2. When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
3. Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
4. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
5. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called and present the Official Receipt and claim the Student Driver’s Permit.

Venue: For Metro Manila Applicants
Licensing Section - Central Office
East Avenue, Quezon City
 
For Provincial Applicants
Any Licensing Center/ Designated District Office
 
Fees and Charges:
 
Student Permit (SP) Fee    Php. 150.00
 
Application Fee                          100.00
 
Computer Fee                             67.63
 
TOTAL                                      317.63

chefron

  • Guest
Re: Driver's License: student permit, non-professional, professional
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2014, 11:17:38 am »
question: san maganda at amdaling makakuha ng drivers license? i have student na (for the nth time)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close