watch now

Author Topic: Running Part 3  (Read 79481 times)

ycel0612

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #180 on: March 07, 2014, 10:41:31 am »
mukha nga ok sya mag organize ng event. patok sa mga tao eh. wala pang one week nung store reg nagkaubusan agad ng slot. ang dami pang humihiling na magdagdag haha

my 2nd run sa may 25. Etude Princess Run  parang ang girly ng event.

 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:56:38 am by ycel0612 »

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #181 on: March 07, 2014, 01:22:59 pm »
^ sis san ang reg nyan?
tia..

mizzybebz

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2014, 01:32:54 pm »
help mga sis..  :'(

why kaya everytime I run, sumasakit yung right ankle ko agad?

jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »
^ baka sa shoes mo sis. di tama yung kind of shoes youre using sa way ka tumakbo

ycel0612

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2014, 05:41:56 pm »
sis junepets, sa BGC ang event. wala pang nakalagay san ang registration eh pero sa march 15 na. nakita ko lang sa takbo.ph. for more info raw we can visit www.etudehouse.ph


heavenleigh

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »
help mga sis..  :'(

why kaya everytime I run, sumasakit yung right ankle ko agad?

Ako naman problem ko during runs e yung sa right side ng body ko. Bandang ribs sumasakit sya after mga 5mins of continuous running thats why i need to slow down or walk until mawala yung pain saka na lang ako ulit makakatakbo. Hassle nga e kasi kaya pa ng legs ko kaya lang masakit sa tagiliran.

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2014, 09:34:47 pm »
^Maybe you're getting a stitch in your side? That's what happened to me when I first started running. Did some research and found that I had to regulate my breathing, among other things.

Check mo to: http://www.runnersworld.com/running-tips/four-ways-stop-dreaded-side-stitch

What I do is I match my breathing to my left foot - I inhale when I lift my left foot and exhale on my left foot a couple of steps after.

---

Gusto ko mag-register sa RunFest. Sana by then kaya ko na 10k.

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2014, 09:45:20 pm »
Bought new running shoes na.. Nagpa gait analysis muna ako...

Neutral naman ang paa ko...

Ready to run na uli...

heavenleigh

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #188 on: March 09, 2014, 09:29:49 am »
Well i guess, training is the best solution for my side stitch. I wanna try 10k on NatGeo Earth Day Run next month. Hopefully.

QueGavan

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2014, 12:18:52 pm »
Running ladies, Takbo.ph is giving out Lock Laces. It's a nice alternative to shoe laces, no need to tie :) You might want to join and be one of the lucky 10 runners :)

http://www.takbo.ph/2014/03/lock-laces-giveaway/

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #190 on: March 11, 2014, 10:29:38 am »
^^I'll be registering for the NatGeo run this weekend at SM Aura. :D

ycel0612

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »
Ang cute ng singlet ng etude princess run. Pink na pink ^_^

Registered in Run Tahanan. 500 lang for 5k for early bird may free usb pa.

gorgeouschef

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2014, 07:14:06 pm »
sinu mga magjoin sa Etude Princess run? ang cute ng singlet nga. join tayo girls!!  ;D

junepets

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2014, 09:21:10 am »
^wanna join din..
tomorrow na start ng online registration..
sana meron din onsite registration...

gorgeouschef

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2014, 12:52:43 am »
nakapagregister na din ako sa etude princess run. sa eastwood branch pwede onsite registration.

cute ng singlet.  :D

robin.scherbatsky

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2014, 08:38:57 pm »
Sad to say but I've never been a fan of running. Hindi ko kayang tumagal sa fun run or marathon. So what I do is sa gym, I try to run/jog sa threadmill for at least 5-10mins at a moderate pace (7-7.5 speed)

Nararamdaman ko kasi na parang bibigay yung tuhod ko minsan and I easily run out of breath. Hindi naman ako obese, I'm 5'4" and nasa 66kg at the moment. Just overweight by 5-6kg to enter the normal weight. Aminado ako na kakabalik ko lang sa pag exercise, but I don't know if running is only for selected types of people or kulang pa ako sa conditioning and will eventually get there someday?

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2014, 08:44:11 pm »
^Have you checked out the Couch to 5k program? It might change your mind about running. :)

I'm just halfway through the program myself, and the advice I always read about when I check the C25k sub-reddit on Reddit is to slow down and focus on building up your endurance when you're just starting out. You can work on the speed once you've built that up.

I think a 7-7.5 speed on a treadmill is still pretty fast - I tried it and gave up after about 8 minutes. Hehe. Try at least 4 or 5 speed; it's slow as hell but you'll last longer.

robin.scherbatsky

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2014, 09:42:07 pm »
^First time I've heard of it, but will definitely check it out. Thanks!

I guess I'm in the endurance strengthening phase right now, madali pa kasi ako hingalin so more on cardio ako sa gym. Ang 4-5 speed kasi sa threadmill sakin is walking pace pa, yung 6 brisk walking na. If I turn it up to 6.5 above, need ko na itakbo kundi mahuhulog ako sa threadmill  ;D

Sige I'll try if I can run at a lower pace, hopefully I'll be able to run for a longer span  :)

hazeru

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2014, 11:21:36 pm »
^Try it out on the road or a track, if there's one near you. Yes, you'll be jogging slower than an old lady, but at least you're lifting your feet up step by step! Progress! :D

robin.scherbatsky

  • Guest
Re: Running Part 3
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2014, 12:30:35 am »
^ Yep.  I gotta start somewhere, right? Kahit snail's pace pa yan magiimprove naman ako in time and with practice. Buti na lang may jogging lane within sa compound ng company where I work. Maybe I can jog on days I'm off at the gym. Mas makaka motivate ba magka running buddy or mas ok to do it alone muna?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close