watch now

Author Topic: Grapeseed Extract Part IV  (Read 162521 times)

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2011, 10:34:28 am »
^ waaa I'm acidic naman sis. :( I often get gastritis. T.T . . . I'll just check the ingredient label though. :D

Oh, and I wanted to buy the cosmoskin thing, they have that ALA and GSE pack together (purple and green) . . . Do you think I should get it? I was planning to get the GSE alone, but it's CONSTANTLY OUT OF STOCK  :-\ grr. Do you guys take ALA with your GSE? And the GSE, taken 3 times a day, or one day lang po? Thanks in advance~

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2011, 11:16:21 am »
^low lang naman ang amount ng vit c sa mga gse supp. so i guess it wouldn't hurt you, but if you still get stomach upset even if the concentration of vit c is low then try to look for gse that has vit c in sodium ascorbate or calcium ascorbate form..it's an alternative to ascorbic acid kasi sis since its not pure ascorbic acid..

just try not to take ascorbic acid if you're acidic..

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »
^ okay sis. Thank you~~ :)

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2011, 05:28:50 pm »
^np..  :)

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »
@minatay91, if you're acidic, gse should be taken with a full stomach. try backreading on previous threads sis.  :) and same with ala, it's an acid. you may get upset stomach so better take it after a full meal. :)

@viellemacey, sodium and calcium ascorbate do not mean lower concentrations of ascorbic acid. these three are all equal and basic forms of vit c. it all boils down on the body's metabolic type (measuring the ph level): whether acidic or alkaline. :) 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:19:57 pm by cindylulu »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2011, 07:31:25 pm »
^ aws. I wanted talaga na empty for maximal absorption.  :'( hahay..might as well take it after meals, hours after lang. hehe

thanks for the input sis.

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
@minatay91, if you're acidic, gse should be taken with a full stomach. try backreading on previous threads sis.  :) and same with ala, it's an acid. you may get upset stomach so better take it after a full meal. :)

@viellemacey, sodium and calcium ascorbate do not mean lower concentrations of ascorbic acid. these three are all equal and basic forms of vit c. it all boils down on the body's metabolic type (measuring the ph level): whether acidic or alkaline. :) 


sis yung lower concentration na sinasabi ko is yung sa gse supp.. there are gse supp. kasi na 30-100mg of vitamin c ( ascorbic acid ) yung kasama

moving on...
i didnt say that sodium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate has a low concentration of ascorbic acid..what i say is its not pure ascorbic acid because they have an additives, the mineral ascorbates which regulates the acidity..meaning it does not cause hyperacidity when taken with an empty stomach..
i agree that they are all forms of vitamin c but the difference is the first one is pure while the others are not..
try cheking the supp. facts.. some goes like this:
Vitamin c ( ascorbic acid )
or
Vitamin c ( sodium ascorbate )
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:38:51 am by viellemacey »

nicegirl05

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2011, 12:15:54 pm »
hi sis! anyone here try to apply sa face yung gse? and is it true na nakakapimples ba? tia

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2011, 07:35:54 pm »
sis yung lower concentration na sinasabi ko is yung sa gse supp.. there are gse supp. kasi na 30-100mg of vitamin c ( ascorbic acid ) yung kasama

gse's main component is just pure GSE -  no vit c or any vit for that matter should be added. it is already a concentrate of polyphenols, linoleic acid and flavonoids. try checking out healthy options for more info on gse. try checking out solgar brand so you'll get the idea. a gse by-product (and more powerful than gse as some studies show) is resveratrol. what gse supplement are you talking about ba? cosmoskin? it is not pure gse per se. nababasa mo naman sa list of ingredients di ba. but the convolution of ingredients is what makes it effective.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:40:19 pm by cindylulu »

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:24 pm »
^^reiterating FORMS of VIT C: ascorbic acid (for an acidic metabolism, one test is: if kaya ng empty stomach to drink cold liquid as soon as one rises in the morning, if not, then one is acidic), sodium or calcium ascorbate (for an alkaline metabolism, obviously this is the recommendation for a hyperacidic stomach which i have and which landed me in the hospital way back). you cannot interchange one for the other as these are of different compositions due to the ph level na kailangan i-maintain. iba si ascorbic kay ascorbate, but these are all vit c. chem 101.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:53:59 pm by cindylulu »

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »
^ thanks for the posts sisses. :D I just bought mine, I took it like..3 hours before my last meal. Then I had a gurgling "hungry" tummy sound, so I had to eat a light snack. @_@ No zits so far, but..I'm unusually shiny. @_@

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2011, 09:42:10 am »
^next time try taking it after meals sis, say, an hour after, para hindi masama sa digestion ng food so as not to lose its efficacy (this is what i do). baka ma develop ang peptic or gastric ulcer if you take it before meals. gse indeed moisturizes skin, and it helps coz you're into ivg pa. nice combi sis  :) 

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2011, 02:42:34 pm »
^ ah oops sis. I put that wrong. I meant, 3 hours AFTER meals po. T___T  To make sure my tummy is "near empty" but not so much that it'll scratch the lining of my tummy. @_@ Like, before bedtime. Hehe.. Thanks for the input though sis, that's my fear talaga. The ULCER! And omg baka mag.perforate. Deado na ako ~_~ Sana I had enough money, I would have had more, +ishi and + Ph338 pa ata. T.T Oh wells.~

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2011, 12:00:00 am »
Okay, update po sa effect ng GSE. What is this really supposed to do po? XD Moisturizing lang ba talaga? XD Because I can attest to its moisturizing effects: I use kojic soap, and dapat talaga ako magmoisturizer because of the dry feeling.

I'm on my...4th day of GSE I think.. After I use Kojic, my skin doesn't feel dry or tight anymore.  :o Parang may moisturizer na. It feels gross na if I put moisturizer, parang heavy na yung feeling.  :o

But I'm not sure if I'm hiyang though, my forehead has been randomly itchy, and may tiny butlig rin ako sa eyebrows.  ::) I'll just finish this set though, 7 tabs lang naman.  :)

Ems742

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2011, 09:06:10 am »
But I'm not sure if I'm hiyang though, my forehead has been randomly itchy, and may tiny butlig rin ako sa eyebrows.  ::) I'll just finish this set though, 7 tabs lang naman.  :)
[/quote]

Im currently using GSE Cosmo, ganyan din effect sa akin (butlig in the same area). Stop ko na nga sana kaya lang naghihinayang ako sa 5 tablets pa na natitira, i bottle kc binili ko. As for the other effect, cant tell dami ko kc gamit eh. Try ko change brand baka sakali sa brand lang. Im currently using Tathion.

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2011, 10:07:12 am »
^^gse is a more potent substitute for vit c. that's why it's redundant to take vit c if one is already taking pure gse.  :)

rlin_0811

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2011, 09:10:10 pm »
I just bought atc grapeseed at mercury. It costs php 5.60. Start ko tonight. Im having skin asthma kasi due to change of weather.

honeycake

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2011, 07:57:11 am »
Me I take grapeseed extract ng USANA Proflavanol ang tawag and also gluta -C na sabon hehe. I really want to have a fair glowing skin.
For those who are intereted with USANA grapeseed extract PM me  ;)

baliwsayo

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »
Ako naman hindi ako hiyang sa GSE.. pinimples ako ng uminom ako neto. Mas hiyang ako sa alphalipoic acid na pangboost ng glutathione.

rlin_0811

  • Guest
Re: Grapeseed Extract Part IV
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2011, 12:57:29 am »
Ilang araw na akong umiinom(i take two capsules a day). Nagkapimple (big one) ako sa shoulder and may small sa face. Eh magkakaperiod na rin kasi ako. Should i stop taking it? Uminom kasi ako nun dahil nagkakarashes yung face ko dahil yata sa lamig ng bus. Basta dry na oily tapos may rashes.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close