watch now

Author Topic: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs  (Read 87763 times)

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2012, 05:34:58 pm »
I saw the Paris tumbler in Starbucks in Louvre. I didn't buy it because there's nothing special about the design (white background then the Eiffel tower -- very similar to other cities SB design) It was so unlike the ones sold in the cities of Japan -- there, some effort were put into the designs.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2012, 11:53:51 pm »
^that's because for the longest time, Japan didn't really do/concentrate much on the icon series...more for artsy talaga sila dun...Taiwan also has the newer artsy demis...really nice. I own a couple of the older artsy editions of Tokyo and Osaka (I only get those I've been to)...but I got the HTG icon versions na rin, which sells for around USD100 each. :)

ilocanapilgrim

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:10 pm »
does anyone know kung how much po [textspeak!] tumbler and mug in HK? tnx

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2012, 01:59:24 pm »
@theflygirl, yun nga, i prefer the artsy series (i didn't know that's what it's called). I had Tokyo and Kyoto before -- my sis now has them. I even recall they have Sakura design tumblers. Now, i only have one left, the Amsterdam tumbler. Here in Korea, I am not even inclined on buying their tumblers because it's the usual icon series.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2012, 08:43:08 am »
^My first mug was a Los Angeles archi series naman. Thought it was too plain & boring so I ended up trading it. I like the icon series because it features the highlight/landmark of the city/country. I started out kasi getting from those I've visited but dami family & friends na-curious sa collection Ko, they end up getting me those as pasalubong or gifts, too.

Oh but they have new "artsy" Koreans released just a few weeks. Not all are icons. Seoul day, Seoul night, Jeju, Incheon and...Busan, I think yung 5th one. Nice, too. What I like about Korea is that their Starbucks items are some of the most inexpensive in the world, compared to other cities. Mugs here in MNL are more expensive by around PHP100+ actually. But since I worked for KE, that pair was among the first I acquired.

Lovely nga the Japan artsy series. They even have cards na same as the mug/tum design. I've a Nagoya card. Nice detail!

@ilocanapilgrim-I was in HKG a couple of weeks ago and snagged a trio of Macau, Hong Kong and China mugs for the nth time cos I keep on trading my onhand ones. Mugs (I think tumblers are, too) are at HKD103 each. Roughly Php550 per mug.

ilocanapilgrim

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 08:38:52 am »
Got a postal notice yesterday for my sendai mug. I was advise to go to the customs officer at the post office.  Do I need to pay taxes pa ba on my parcel?

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 11:37:40 am »
^Is is noted on the parcel as a gift? Normally, ok customs ofcrs don't tax you on them. I've gotten a Florida mug, they opened the box, didn't tax me. A few weeks ago, I got two parcels, one with Phoenix and Arizona and another one with 4 Moscow mugs, but the customs officer just asked me what was inside. When I said mugs, he said, "Ah, dami na nga nagttrade. Ayoko na buksan, baka mabasag ko pa." Harhar. So no tax din. I've had some friends whose trading partners placed the actual cost sa parcel so thousands din napabayad sa kanila. Good luck!

ilocanapilgrim

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2012, 08:49:37 pm »
^^so it's better to put "gift" instead of the actual cost on the parcel para lang walang tax?  First time ko kasi to received a parcel at the post office. TIA, sis.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 05:02:28 am »
^once pa Lang ako naka send Ng parcel through Philpost, I didn't put anything sa declaration but yun na yung sinulat nung postal agent. In the future, inform your sender to note it as a gift or just write the minimum amount possible.

As a receiver now, you don't need to do anything but pay for the P40 inspection fee and in case you will be taxed, that's it.

sonja

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:51 am »
Ako rin nagccollect ng city/country mugs to places I've traveled to. I also have a few na gifts from friends from abroad. Kakatuwa lang.  ;D

Di ko narealize na may mga nagiimport na pala from abroad. Pinakamura ko nabili is yung from south korea. Parang mga P300+ lang.

ilocanapilgrim

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2012, 04:37:15 pm »
How much po kaya (in original currency) ang tumber/mugs in the following coutries/cities?

1. Japan
2. London
3. Korea
4. Malaysia

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2012, 11:05:39 pm »
1. Japan
2. London
3. Korea - KRW9000 (regular icon mug), KRW10000 (new artsy mug)
4. Malaysia - RM42

I'll get back to you tomorrow on those. I've to check the bottom of my mugs but one thing's for sure, Korea has the most inexpensive global icon mug. Costs less than Php400 per mug, last time I got mine. My parents are currently in KUL on vacation and have completed my Malaysian set. Will post the price here tomorrow.

I got another postal notice today. My Brazilian mugs are in town! Woohoo. Can't wait to get hold of my Rio de Janeiro, Brasil and Sao Paolo mugs. :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:24:33 am by theflygirl »

CebuGem

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »
now that we will be leaving South Korea soon -- for good, i'm considering of buying SB Korea mug or tumbler as souvenirs.  :P

ilocanapilgrim

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:51 am »
@theflygirl, thanks for the price updates.  Enjoy your new Brazilian mugs :)

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2012, 10:55:58 pm »
^You're welcome. I'm not a tumbler collector but I was able to check a few days ago in Seoul. Bought some tumblers. Icon/artsy tumblers cost KRW14000 except for Busan artsy tumbler which is KRW15000.

Coffee_lover

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »
Whoa?! dami na pala nagco-collect ng SB city mugs. Ako gusto ko international city mugs kung san ako pumunta or si hubby.. As of today I have 4 mugs na... 1. New York 2. St. Louis 3. Chicago 4. San Francisco... Pinaka gusto ko yung New York kasi kulay green :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:50:40 pm by Coffee_lover »

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2012, 06:33:48 pm »
FINALLY got my Brazilian mugs after getting my 2nd notice already from the post office! ;) My heart sank when I saw the box caved in and crumpled. Was anxious to check whether or not I got more (in pieces haha) than I asked for. Luckily, the postal customs staff opened each mug and everyone was waiting to see whether or not they broke. Got Brasil, Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro in perfect condition. Whew! Good thing the mugs had tons of bubble wrap around each of them.

hardyrissa

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 06:20:55 am »
SA Singapore 20.90 sgd

letters_to_cleo

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2012, 02:15:41 am »
Demitasse sets ang nicocollect ko now~ mas maliit kasi haha. Picked up Dubai and Abu Dhabi demitasse sets during my layover. Di masyadong pretty, pero okay na run pandagdag collection haha.  Will check yung Madrid cups this weekend pag sinipag ako gumala.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Starbucks City Tumblers/Mugs
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »
^I got my first Demi set London/England though I don't collect them. Maybe you'd like to trade with one Madrid 16oz icon mug? :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close