watch now

Author Topic: EPILATOR vs WAXING  (Read 135810 times)

phurple0515

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2011, 02:50:49 pm »
pwede ko na siguro i-epilate legs ko later.  parang ok na yong length...excited ako sa result, first time e :)


KiatKiat20

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:13 am »
i have emjoi epilator.. bought it here in uae.. i used it on my ua and bikini line.. sa ua i didn't felt any pain at all, maybe because i'm used to waxing that area for a long time.. pero sa bikini line, super sakit..  ;D as in.. nagbleed pa ng konti and blotchy sya after.. after that it went smooth naman after 2 days ata.. never tried it there again..  ;D but i plan to epilate din my legs cause i'm so balbon there.. goodluck na lang sakin..  ;D

tboupt27

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »
next week makukuha ko na [textspeak!] pinabili ko kay h2b, sana nga di ako masaktan.  :-\

_AiaH_

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2011, 07:13:24 pm »
KiatKiat20,

LOL. I tried that too sis! agony, haha. kidding aside, yeah, masakit talaga. ni hindi ko maigalaw further yung epilator after ko ma-try sa upper part. umayaw na ako :D brazilian wax nalang, para mabilis. hehe.

phurple0515

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2011, 11:09:27 pm »
^ niloloko nga ko ni hubby na gamitin yon sa upper part, sabi ko, masakit yon di ko carry, hehe.  Pero satisfied ako sa legs at UA using epilator :)

pink_pepper

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »
Been using Braun Silk Epil 5, pabili from US, $70. I prefer epilator over waxing, time consuming kasi magwax. Don't have time din to visit waxing salons often. Satisfied naman ako sa results, matagal din tumubo.

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2012, 02:30:41 pm »
Good thing I found this thread. Bumili ako ng epilator para makatipid sa waxing, hopefully. Marami akong gustong i-DIY para makatipid.

Mine is the cheapest Braun Silk Epil 3, pinabili ko rin from the US, but I heard may binebenta rin daw dito sa Shangri-la. I'm in Baguio so I decided to buy from a friend in the US and have it hand-carried to the Phils then ship it from Manila to Baguio. Costs a little over $40.

I recently saw Philips epilator here. I don't know the exact model, pero it costs around P5,000 sa SM Baguio. Ngayon ko lang nalaman.

I love the result of epilating. Ang kinis at smooth pa. It's unlike shaving na after just a few hours, may tutubo nang buhok at magaspang na ang skin. I've used it sa legs at underarms. Mas masakit sa legs but I almost didn't feel anything sa underarms.

I wonder kung epilation is better for the underarms. I still have that dark underarm problem.

The upper part - masakit talaga, hehe. I would still trust a salon to do that work.

greenwood05

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2012, 02:45:50 pm »
Right now, I'm only using Depilatory Cream ng Veet. I'm actually satisfied with it kaso after 3 days, may tumutubo na ulit. I'm weighing kung I'll have my UAs waxed or bili na lang ako ng epilator. Dapat ba dumaan muna ako sa waxing para mas maging tolerant ako sa pain?

mariebiscuit

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:02 pm »
i preffered epilator,,i used braun epilsoft bought 4yrs ago pa and its still working pa,,[textspeak!] wax kasi monthly karin mag wax kaso dahil biglaan ang pag pull mas masakit gamitin,,[textspeak!] epilatory kasi sa umpisa lang maaakit,,pero if monthly na mag epil na lessen [textspeak!] pain,,i can also use it in armpit,legs,and even hehe

brattinella

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »
@greenwood05 depilatory cream is harsh on our ua sis ;) it has the same effect as shaving... so better opt for waxing or buying an epilator

greenwood05

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2012, 02:59:51 pm »
^ talaga sis? I never knew. 2 years na akong yun ang ginagamit, wala akong napansing kahit ano. Parang scary kasi ang epilator e, tapos ang gastos naman ng waxing waaah. hahaha baka magpawax na lang muna ako, tapos pag nasanay na, saka na ako bibili ng epilator. thanks sis!

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »
^ Oo nga magastos ang waxing. I also do not have time to go a salon too often.

If you are already using tweezers sa UA, at tolerant ka na sa pain nito, then most likely kaya mo na rin ang epilator. The epilator is composed of several tweezers na umiikot lang sa head BTW.

Sa waxing din naman kasi, tini-tweeze rin lang naman ng mga ladies na gagawa sa UA mo ang mga natirang hairs na ayaw sumama sa waxing. Masakit din naman ang waxing diba? In my experience epilation is no different from that. I think mas masakit pa ang waxing than epilating.

greenwood05

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 03:22:20 pm »
^ganun sis? hmm.. napapaisip ako ng madami ahahaha. any tips for a first timer sa epilators? dapat ba exfoliation before or after? and bawal ba magdeo after gumamit nun? parang nakoconvince na ako e :D

brattinella

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »
^exfoliation is a must so that the dead skin build up, deo build up etc will be removed  ;) once a week will do

of course, after epilation, you can't wet the area for the next 8hrs... so it's best to be done at night....

sexy_07

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »
has anyone tried STRIP IT (Sugar-waxing), how was it?

brattinella

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2012, 09:03:44 am »
^ it's best for first timers (like me waaaay back :) at first it's kinda messy, but once you get a grip of it... effortless and cheap :) i use it on my legs & bw :P

freelancer_babe

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2012, 04:06:37 pm »
^ganun sis? hmm.. napapaisip ako ng madami ahahaha. any tips for a first timer sa epilators? dapat ba exfoliation before or after? and bawal ba magdeo after gumamit nun? parang nakoconvince na ako e :D

First time ko rin kasi last time. I love the result. Up to now.

Naligo lang ako sis, then when the skin dried up later, nag-epilator na ako.

I didn't apply anything afterwards. Unlike shaving ang kinis ng dating parang baby! hehe.

Love it! Worth every penny.

krnc

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
i'm doing pre-orders for epilator (both Braun & emjoi) if you girls are interested PM me nalang.

anyway, I like Braun kasi it actually picks it flat lying hair. i bring emjoi naman when travelling para hindi hassle sa customs/packing etc etc. kaso it takes longer to do the job kasi it's tiny nga. not to mention that it runs on dry cell AA's.

sis morbiedoll, i can't seem to find the pm option. is that because i'm a newbie? i wanna have braun epilators. called Rustan's earlier, pricey!

yukishih

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »
Hi, sisses. I bought my Phillip's epilator at Anson's Makati for 2200. Grabe akong naconvince dito sa Gt to get one. I used to pluck kasi then few days ago naisip ko to try on waxing kaso i cant stand na mahaba na yung hair sa pits sabi kasi sa Laybare balik ako if singhaba na ng pilikmata ko yung hair and I cant stand it talaga. Good thing I came across this topic kaya napabili ako agad. Had my first session of epilating a while ago and I must say its so convenient.  ;D

ri-anne

  • Guest
Re: EPILATOR vs WAXING
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:35 am »
I've been using Philips Satinelle Soft Total Body for 2yrs now for ua.. First time i used it, ang sakit at may dumugo pa! And i swear i wont use it again... But after that, ang kinis then it took weeks before may tumubo ulit na hair.... When i used it again, ok na and the pain is tolerable.....now nga i can't remember the last time i used it (4-5wks ago?) kasi halos wala pa ring tumutubo ulit...

Tried using it once sa legs... I wont do it again! Kasi nung patubo na [textspeak!] hairs parang puro butiligbutlig legs ko at ang kati! But nung tumubo na ulit [textspeak!] hair sobrang fine na sya...So once is enough for me..

Btw, i also use it intermittently sa upper part ng bikini area and first time na ginawa ko yun, halos mangiyakngiyak ako sa sakit!!  :-[. Pero after that, ang kinis kaya parang ok na rin....
lately i used the Sugar wax (Strip It)...  Ang tamis and at first messy i didn't know how to use it...pero nakuha ko technique.....

i therefore conclude mas prefer ko ang waxing sa bikini area, epilator for the ua  ;D


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close