Author Topic: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy  (Read 73118 times)

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »
I think bongga talaga ang Mayad! Kaya lang ang mahal talaga nila eh! Pero atleast meron sila package ng photovid...
Jason Magbanua vids naman ibang klase ang originality! panalo!

Chantal89

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2014, 04:44:25 pm »
Mayad is worth it, I like din Jason Magbanua's work :)

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2014, 03:19:31 pm »
Jason is beginning to embrace Mayad's style. Napansin ko lang. Still proud I got Mayad instead of Jmag

funstuffjoan0109

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2014, 01:07:52 am »
I really like Jason's works but Mayad is great too. It depends on the budget "nyo" coz I can't afford them,,.. wiiihewww

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2014, 06:20:20 pm »
vhanya

Hindi ba parang story telling ang style ni jason magbanua?

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2014, 07:52:38 pm »
^im referring to the bridal elegance and slow motion shots :)

nicoletta

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:10 pm »
Though in fairness, it seems that more people are liking the videos of jason magbanua.  Still happy with Mayad din.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:31 am »
Diff strokes for diff folks. i also love our Mayad video =)

Emperior7

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2014, 11:14:33 am »
they are like tito vic and joey, they are already an institution.

the quality of their work is superb, and of course, only those who have deep pockets can avail.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:29:17 am by Emperior7 »

happyheartheart

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:58 pm »
I'm beginning to feel anxious about booking Threelogy. Sabi nga nung designer na nakausap ko, wala silang "ingay" lately.. parang nag-lie low. I booked them during a bridal fair and I admit it was an impulsive move. Got their Sequel option for only 65k so I thought I was getting a very good deal. We made a downpayment already. Now I'm not so sure I made the right choice. :(

castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2014, 10:57:49 pm »
Sorry girls, I did not back read that far, pero are all 3 of them extending their services overseas? I'm still waiting for Jason Magbanua or someone from his team to get back to me. I just emailed Mayad kung magkano ang rates nila.

Pag sinabi ba na p/v, as in covered talaga nila ang p/v? ilang tao ang usually asa wedding to cover the photos and videos?

Meron na kame na book na local photographer and videographer, pero kung mas makakatipid kame kahit sino sa tatlo, why not. Hinde kasi offered dito ang SDE e.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2014, 12:01:05 am »
JMag starts at $8000++, Mayad starts at $10000++ for overseas last year. I think mag-isa lang si JMag but Mayad usually brings 3 pax/team. If it says p/v then yes, magkasama na video and photo sa package.


castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2014, 12:07:02 am »
^ is that USD? I wonder kung kasama na sa rates na yun yung plane tickets nila? pero if I heard it right, si JMag daw meron sila mga naka station sa iba't ibang lugar e. meron naman nag suggest sa akin na pwede ko daw ipadala yung raw file kay JMag and he'll edit daw.

Nung una, i felt like i had no choice but book someone local. i don't have a problem with the photographer e. sa video, yung nakahuha namen is he is the best in his field. pero after seeing the works of the pinoy p/v, dun ko na realize kung ano yung kulang sa videographer namen, kulang sa emotion. Ang ganda kasi nung flow/transition nung mga vids nung tatlo. inggit ako sa SDE!

parang gusto ko na tuloy magka career shift. gusto ko na maging p/v and offer SDE and aerial photography.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2014, 01:33:27 am »
Yes that's USD. Im not sure if kasama na plane tickets + hotels dun but since they are staying for a few days that means hindi kasama. If you think about it kasi, shooting an overseas wedding will require at least 4 days off their calendar. So if thats local lang, that's 4 weddings na. That's why their rate is diff abroad.

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:20 am »
Sorry girls, I did not back read that far, pero are all 3 of them extending their services overseas?

you'd be surprised that with these three- you'll end up paying more than getting someone local.  yes, you'd have to shoulder their airfare, transfers, accommodations, food, etc.  and that will be for a team of  several people- not just 1 or 2.  mayad came in with 5 people for us.  photography was another team of 2 people.  i remember i saw in mayad's website once where they posted dates of international locations where they would be.  the price would probably be offset a little by the fact that they will be in that certain city for that date range.

pero if I heard it right, si JMag daw meron sila mga naka station sa iba't ibang lugar e. meron naman nag suggest sa akin na pwede ko daw ipadala yung raw file kay JMag and he'll edit daw.

better get the facts straight from jason.  i doubt he would edit raw files that he didn't take and then stamp his name on the finished product.  he probably has associates in other areas, but wouldn't you want jason himself to do the shoot?

Hinde kasi offered dito ang SDE e.

where are you at?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:56:53 am by imbisibol_ »

castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2014, 03:31:06 am »
sis  imbisibol_, at first, the goal was to save money kung makakatipid kame. pero kung yung price na sinabi ni sis vhanya is the updated one, believe it or not, halos same price lang ng local. kahit na medyo mas mahal ng konte, siguro worth it yun dahil kahit sino sa kanila 3, ang ganda ng pagkakakuha and edit. about JMag editing the raw file, ang nagsabi nun sa akin is a friend who has a friend that works for JMag. may gumawa na daw nun before. pero mukhang malabo si JMag 'coz his calendar is booked na daw for the next 3 years.

and I am from Brandon,MB. just about 2 1/2 hours from Winnipeg.

vhanya

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2014, 04:53:13 am »
You have to consider their plane fare + hotel + food din sis. wait for their reply na lang =)

imbisibol_

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2014, 05:38:59 am »
castledoll, one of the mayad shooters in our 2012 wedding video looks like he has set up his own company.  based from the locations he's posting, it looks like he's already in the US.  if so, that wouldn't be too bad of a distance to where you are.  check out http://www.benjohilario.com/

he's one of my facebook friends, and every now and then, i'd see an amazing wedding photo from him.


castledoll

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2014, 07:35:41 am »
^ thank you. I'll inquire.

c_a_k_e

  • Guest
Re: Mayad vs Magbanua vs Threelogy
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:40 am »
@castledoll, I didn't get Mayad but we seriously considered booking them before so I can share their Out of the country rates. We wanted to shoot our save-the date overseas and Mayad's rate at that time for save-the date is P50,000. However, Since it's abroad they said we need to add USD 2,000 for the tickets plus food and accommodation for 4 days. We didn't push through with our booking, based on our computation it's liking getting another videographer (wedding rate) for a 1 to 3 minute video.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close