watch now

Author Topic: Are you happy with your salary?  (Read 113807 times)

ayka

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2012, 11:48:33 pm »
i think being happy with your salary is directly proportional to your lifestyle. say, you take home 50K monthly but want to and have been living luxuriously (expensive apartment, gimik everyday, high-end clothes, shoes, etc) at ubos pa ang sinahod mo sa huli, eh talaga namang hindi ka magiging happy sa salary mo. whereas if you budget wisely and live within your means, mas contented ka.  :)

minnie99

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:46 am »
@brandi
If ma-PR ka sis, you can try sales (new accounts, sales officer, these two are sa branches, the SO being sa field. account officer is usually under head office and you have an area to service). Teller okay din pero alam ko kasi medyo mababa siya (and risky... hassle kapag short). You have to be ready din to be assigned ANYWHERE (though generally near your area hehe). What I love about sales is mabilis marecognize, kaya kung keri mo, do it, kasi sure ako sasaya ka din sa sweldo mo balang araw doon. And sa bank, usually wala naman weekends and holidays na papasok ka (unless teller ka sa BDO and others).

@ayka
True! I had a big salary before sa bank and I was happy with it. But not really with my work. I spent a lot 'cause I could afford to spend spend spend. Pero nung nag resign ako, nag-mellow ako, and it really taught me a lot. Now I have a lot of self-control, kahit relatively low ang salary ko, I'm "okay" with it as long as I manage to control my expenses. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:59:56 am by minnie99 »

Naughty^GuRu

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2012, 10:46:52 am »
agree with ayka  :(

its how you budget your salary. no matter how big yung take home mo kung equal naman yun sa expenses mo then balewala yung malaking salary. and i think ganun ako right now, my takehome is almost equal my expenses. hindi ako marunong mag manage ng money ko.  :(

sasagot ulit ako  ;D yes i am happy with my salary, but not with my expenses

brandi

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:10 am »
Thanks sis minnie! :)

mhy_pie03

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2012, 01:19:26 pm »
@Naughty^GuRu: Okay naman din take home at may savings & investments ako. Nakukulang lang din talaga ako kasi gusto ko ng physical business, condo, bahay, kotse at magtravel kasama parents ko.  ;D

rae

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13:49 am »
rae:
- me and my Bro live sa house ng parents namin we don't pay rent pero hati kami sa utilities
- expensive hobbies: travel and shopping (no 'scholars'  ;D)
- i only feed my self (and dates), which i think should be in expensive hobbies  ;D
- no kids yet

to sum it all up, i agree na it depends on your lifestyle. sad but i have little savings palang

Hmmm... I guess that's ok, we won't be able to do as much of that when we already have kids.  But maybe I'm just biased coz I'm not much of a saver.  When I'm old and wrinkly, I won't be looking at how much I've saved anyways, I'll be remembering all of my experiences.

If you think about it, we learn from those travels--like you're saving yourself some good memories. That's 'savings' enough for me.

Oh, and I believe you have to go through that phase. Slowly you'll find yourself in another, which is the saving, phase then, investing.

Right now though, I know I won't ever trade the present, for a future that may not exist. So I keep a balance between having fun, and setting aside a small amount for rainy day.

maiandra

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2012, 05:19:26 am »
No that's why gusto ko na magstart ng sariling kong business.

showermist

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:55 am »
for two months, i am not happy with my salary. although it pay the bills and ic an still put something aside, i know i could do better but i am tied up with school. can't do so much. thank God, my investments and other money earning ek ek are doing well. so still good.

Kady_14

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2012, 07:25:07 am »
with my previous job, (I'm unemployed now  ;D)

I can say YES. More than happy actually.

I was the highest paid of my kind. I loved the job and the people i worked with. Sobrang nag-enjoy ako that i had to push back plans then, kaya nga eto na ako nagsisimula ulit. hehe...

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2012, 07:49:15 am »
Very happy with my salary pero extremely unhappy with the taxes. I hate that a big chunk of my hard earned money goes to nothing.

chinablue

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2012, 03:05:59 am »
i'm happy with my salary but not with my job. Nakakastress ang mga kasamahan ko sa work! I'm just staying because of the pay.

yengyeng

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »
No. Medtech ako, wala pang hazard pay. grr. magreresign na yata talaga ko.

swt_fem

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #332 on: December 19, 2012, 01:02:05 am »
No, I'm internally promoted as a Team Manager. Super liit lang ng increase ko. :( Ang kinalabasan, parang mas lumiit pa ng konti sweldo ko ngayon compared when I was still an agent kasi nawalan nako ng night diff, holiday pay, etc.

Iniisip ko nalang na I will gain experience and if I have at least 2 years experience, talon na sa ibang company. :)

jojo2978

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »
I'm receiving an average salary.  I'm happy but not contented.  I'm allowed to have free practice though. 

sistah!

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #334 on: January 02, 2013, 01:36:52 pm »
i was getting a pretty low salary but i was pretty happy with my benefits which were better than other people in my department were getting. but since 2 months ago, i got an adjustment in my salary and i really felt the jump in my lifestyle even if the increase is really not big. i think it was really because i learned how to manage my expenses with my salary so yung additional cash felt like such a sweet extra!

kittyinpink

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #335 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:35 pm »
dati oo pero ngayon super no :( tinanggal kasi [textspeak!] allowance namin eh malaki yun eh tapos mas maraming trabaho binigay :( minsan umaabot super gabi na ako ngwork tapos wala pang OT :( konti na lang bibigay na ako :( sana bago yun, may mahanap na akong mas magandang trabaho :(

cocinelle

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2013, 01:49:34 am »
I'm satisfied with my salary since i still live with my parents. But this is definitely only a stepping stone. I'll always be looking for a greener pasteur. :)

snix

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #337 on: January 11, 2013, 06:16:22 pm »
no, i'm unhappy with the job itself.. i receive minimum plus 3k allowance and me and my brother share expenses sa house since my parents rely on us now..I'mnot complaining aboutthat..

I have a simple lfestyle and rarely spend money on myself.. I have a lot of neccessities more than luxuries at dito ko nararamdaman na kulang na kulang talaga sweldo ko.. i want to be anle to give my parents a good life pero hindi ko magawa

Alam ko masama mainggit at magkumpara ng buhay sa iba pero ganu yung nangyayari sakin ngayon lalo na when i find out other people earn 20k a month doing simple jobs..

At kahit lumipat pako ng work, kokonti lang ang itinaas.. i think nagmimidlife crisis na rin ako..

Naughty^GuRu

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #338 on: January 11, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
would be happier if tax is at least less than 20%. tempting mag apply sa ADB kahit contractual. 6-digits with 2% tax

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Are you happy with your salary?
« Reply #339 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »
Tax lang ang hindi masaya sa sweldo. Kung sana nakikita mong may pinatutunguhan, ok lang.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close