watch now

Author Topic: South Beach Diet  (Read 20331 times)

poligals

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 09:54:40 am »
Actually, your body really needs carbs. The concept behind the South Beach Diet is you take in GOOD carbs. So, instead of white rice, you eat brown/red rice; instead of regular spaghetti, use wheat spaghetti. It's only on the first 2 weeks (or 2 months for those who need to shed a lot of weight), that you take out carbs and starch from your diet  :-*

By the way, my husband and I are both doing the South Beach Diet. We eat the same food and the same amount. He coupled this diet with exercise and he lost 30lbs in a month while I only lost 12lbs. This diet works well with exercise.

YsABeLVeNuS

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 02:00:19 am »
I use them too! I'm on my Day 2 today and I like their meals. Yummy!  :)

Because of you guys, I looked em up and tried their Phase 1. I'm pretty satisfied with the variety and the value of the whole package so I reordered. On my second order of Phase 1 now. The good thing about SBD is I can keep on doing Phase 1 if I want to lose more then I can move to phase 2 and maintenance, coupled with exercise. =)

so_bootylicious

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 04:28:39 am »
^sis, yung rate ba dun sa Coffee Crew is rate for a whole day's meal?

beanie

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »
Coffee crew emailed me once to ask for specifics pero after I answered that email and reiterated one more time, wala na kong narinig from them.    :-\

so_bootylicious

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 07:25:40 am »
^ay ganun sis? kung daily rate nga yung sa website nila, it's too much. mas tipid pa rin talaga if you make your own SBD meals. maybe it's my "kuripot" side talking. :)

poligals

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:27 am »
^ay ganun sis? kung daily rate nga yung sa website nila, it's too much. mas tipid pa rin talaga if you make your own SBD meals. maybe it's my "kuripot" side talking. :)

Cheaper talaga if you do it on your own. Time consuming lang talaga. I alot 1-2 hours of cooking everyday for the next days' 5 meals.

septembernine

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 12:11:04 pm »
joining! ive been on and off SBD. i plan to start phase 1 tomorrow. i hope to shred 5kgs in 1-2 months :)

poligals

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:03 pm »
joining! ive been on and off SBD. i plan to start phase 1 tomorrow. i hope to shred 5kgs in 1-2 months :)

Kaya yan in a month with exercise =)

septembernine

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »
sana nga! i bought some groceries na kanina. beef (sukiyaki and steak cut), chicken breast, lettuce, yellow bell pepper, tofu, yogurt, eggs, almonds (snacks).

eirammonte

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:22 pm »
i'm on day 5 of phase 1.  my usual breakfast are eggs.

TORTANG TALONG:  i usually sort of "grill" my eggplant over the stove, directly on fire.  then peel it off tapos mash it up a bit with a fork.  Dunk it in 1 scrambled egg with salt and pepper.  Fry the talong with egg in a non-stick pan with a bit of canola oil.  (or olive oil).  After it sets, serve it na.  I pair it with decaf coffee with splenda.

EGGS WITH BELL PEPPERS:  Mince half an onion, and half bell pepper (red or green...but red is better kasi it is sweeter...)  then saute this in a bit of canola oil in a non-stick pan.  Scramble 2 eggs, add salt and pepper.  (Wag lang masyadong salt ha...about a pinch lang, or 1/4 tsp.)  When bell pepper is a bit wilted na (about 2 mins), add the eggs, let it set then serve...

EGGS WITH SPINACH AND CHEESE:  Mince half an onion and half bell pepper.  Scramble 2 eggs, add salt and pepper.  You can buy spinach at SM groceries, around 12 to 15 pesos lang to... take some leaves, put it in non-stick pan, put some water enough to soak the leaves...then let it boil...when the spinach wilts na, take it off the pan.  Drain the leaves...sometimes i even squeeze the water off...(kaso nakakapaso,hehe)  and then mix this with the scrambled eggs.  Saute the onion and bell pepper with a bit of canola or olive oil.  After 1 min or 2 mins, add the egg in the pan.  Let it set then serve.  I add 1 wedge of laughing cow light (low fat) cheese in the scrambled eggs before I fry it.  Laughing cow is also available at groceries around 87-88 pesos lang.  When i get hungry, I eat one wedge of this and it takes off my lightheadedness...

So far, i've lost 3 pounds in 5 days...  ;D


beanie

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2012, 01:39:37 pm »
^wow! This is something to keep in mind! I don't know how to cook kase that's why I subscribed to Delicioso for their south beach diet program. :) pricey but the food is yummy and very filling! :) after this I'll be sure to take note of your recipes! :)

eirammonte

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »
TIPS ON HOW TO SURVIVE THE FIRST PHASE:
1.  If you're a bread or rice lover, you could start cutting down muna before you start phase 1.  Like, if you usually have 1 cup of rice, then have 1/2 cup muna.  If 2 slices of bread, then 1 slice.  (would be better if whole wheat bread).  Hanggang sa masanay na tyan mo and then you could "upgrade" to not having rice at dinner...salad lang...so that when you eventually have the guts to finally do phase 1, di ka masyado hilo.  Becoz phase 1 can really drain you, esp if you're working, baka hindi mo kayanin.  I think it's the reason why people give up on this diet.
2.  If you're working, and got the guts to do phase 1 head on, I'd suggest starting over the weekend... para in case you feel lightheaded at least nasa bahay ka lang. It will literally drain you...I guess this is bcoz of "carbohydrate withdrawal".  Think of it as going into a weekend rehab,heheh.
3.  If you already survived day 1, (hooray!) but still a bit lightheaded, I read somewhere that a glass of low fat milk helps ease the symptom.  I tried it and half a glass works for me.  In the book, bawal ang low fat milk, but hey if it helps you stick with the diet then it is better than giving up.  After 3 days of my carb-withdrawal symptoms, i hardly drink my milk na...minsanan na lang.
4.  Another discovery!  I found out that beans help ease out the lightheadedness symptoms...so I buy these POP BEANS.  Salty nga lang siya so mejo wag ubusin lahat ng isang upuan.  You can buy this from peanut stalls.  I buy mine around 55 petot lang. 
5. Another thing that makes my mouth busy and forget about cravings?  Sugar free chewing gum.  Meron nito ORBIT around 20+ lang ata.  (not gonna recommend it  if you don't want to be a bit gassy...)

So there ya have it... hope this helps.... 8)

Heifer

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »
Im just finishing my mastercleanse, then i'll start this one.

SBD is a lifestyle change kasi. I have been on and off with this diet. Its my 3rd time to go back with this, its really effective if you understand its main principle. Hindi ito yung diet na kung gusto mo lang at naisipan mo, you have to stick to it. Versatile naman siya at madaling sundin.

Anyway, the first time I did this I lost mga 30lbs. I was able to keep it off for 8 months, kaya lang I went out medyo na-inlove sa mga take out so I gained mga 15lbs.  The next time I did this was after 2 years, I was able to lose mga 20-25lbs, okay naman kaya lang I got dumped. So after maintaining my weight for a year, in maintenance phase (eat all you can but minimized on carbs- no exercise on my part) ;D Na-depress, naging bestfriend si rice cooker, magnum at coke. I gained weight again. I'm going back, its easy.

The biggest challenge would be phase 1 and phase 2.=)

YsABeLVeNuS

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2012, 11:28:48 pm »
The first 2 days of Phase 1 are the most challenging for me! Pero after that, kaya na! =)

This is my go-to diet when I have at least 2 weeks to lose weight. =)

summerbabe

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 06:52:43 pm »
Hello what is more effective Cohen or south beach?

9eisha

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:30 pm »
SBD is very effective. i lost 40 lbs dati. the first 3 days lang mejo mahirap. but after that, ok na. mawawala na yung cravings mo. i started again last january 9, now i lost 8 lbs already and i'm only on the 7th day pa lang. no more lightheadedness, cravings. a blogger gave me a pinoy version of the SBD.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:19:53 pm by 9eisha »

shenshen8

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »
hi mga sis!
I'm on Day 2 of phase 1, so far hanging in there, hehe :) Pero since it's weekend, mahirap masabi how I will fare on weekdays when I have work.
It's my first time to try SBD and I think I can do this :D I'm having it delivered since wala pa ako time mag-prepare and I wanna see first the kind of food ang pwede.

Some questions lang:
Can I switch the meals/food around? Like:
  - can i eat the afternoon snack the morning and the morning snack sa afternoon?
  - if the time between breakfast and lunch is not that long (less than 3 hours), can I eat half of the morning snack and save the rest for later when I get a pang of hunger (since in this case, malaki ang time between lunch and dinner)
  - can I drink milk (additional) even if it's not part of the food delivered to me? Or should I remove a snack or something to compensate? what milk do you recommend?
  - if I don't finish the salad dressing for lunch, can I still use it as addition for dinner or a dip for my snack?  (not being greedy here, masarap lang minsan yung salad dressing, sayang, hehe) :P
  - unlimited ba talaga ang protein and vegetables? meaning I can add tomatoes, onions, etc to my salad if kulang? yung protein din, I can add eggs or lean meat? I've read the word "unlimited vegetables" used a lot in this (with some exception vegetables), but I'm a little skeptical since I'm supposed to be on a diet, hehe

 (I'm just trying to gauge how strict this diet is in terms of "schedule", or ang important ba is the total calorie count for the whole day?)


glamorous_aisha

  • Guest
Re: South Beach Diet
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »
i want to start this too soon!

can you share more recipes sisses? TIA :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close