watch now

Author Topic: INTROVERTS - You're in!  (Read 100108 times)

lytblu

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2011, 12:43:19 am »
akala ko dati ako lang ang ganon sa mundo, madami din pala tayong ganon. hehe.

ako din, mas masaya ako kapag nag iisa lang ako. hindi ako madaldal na tao kaya nakakainis minsan kung sobrang daldal ng mga nakakasama ko. unlike them, di ko kaya makipagchikahan ng 1 hr straight. napapagod ako at feeling ko naddrain energy ko.

ayaw ko din yun nasa akin ang attention at yun kinikompliment ako. madalas kapag may nagccompliment, hindi ko alam kung ano isasagot ko sa kanila at mararamdaman ko na lang na namumula na ako. nyahaha.

kahit na masaya ako ng nag iisa, ayaw ko pumupunta ng mall or kumain sa resto na mag isa lang ako. di ako comfortable sa ganon. kailangan may kasama ko kung kakain ako sa resto. i tried going to a resto alone, ang hirap! haha. pagdating sa  shopping naman, i don't like to go shopping with friends. mom and bro lang ang gusto ko kasama ko kapag magsshopping ako. ayaw ko kasi nakikita ng friends ko kung ano mga binili ko, nakakainis kasi yun hihiritan ka tungkol sa presyo ng mga binili mo.

i hate parties. kung ano ano rason binibigay ko para lang hindi ako maka attend. pumupunta lang ako kapag pinipilit ako ng sobra sobra, at para iwas tampo eh gow na lang!  ;D

like one of our sisses here, kaya ko buong buwan ng nasa bahay lang basta may tv, mga na download na movie, books, internet, pagkain.

marami naman ako mga kaibigan. ilan dun mga ka close ko talaga. i love going out with them naman...gimik, watch movies, office outing, etc. pero ibang klaseng high ang nararamdaman ko kapag mag isa lang ako. :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:49:52 am by lytblu »

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2011, 11:53:08 am »
^tama ka sis! ganyan din ako. i want to be surrounded by my closest few friends pero ibang high nga talaga pag mag isa lang din ako. sa ngayon, ayoko ng may kausap. ako lang sa kwarto habang andun ang buong family ko sa baba nagkukwentuhan. ewan ko ba pero ito talaga ako. minsan naiinis ako sa sarili ko pero ayoko namang ipilit na ipilit ang sarrili ko sa ayaw kong gawen. ako, comfortable akong kumain mag isa. ok lang din na magmall ako mag isa. yun. pero ok din naman na may kasama. hehe. sa ngayon at lately talaga, i chose to be alone dito sa bahay. makikipag usap man sandali lang. ganito din ba kayo even sa families nyo? malulungkutin ako minsan pero i am satisfied na pag nakaka-net, nood tv, listen sa radyo. at kaya ko din mabuhay sa loob ng kwarto na hindi lumalabas basta me ganon. sa ngayon, i'm trying na baguhin ng konte dahil need ko ng maghanap ng work. kaya yun.

casmi

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »
pa join! madami din pala tayong introvert! haha.
naalala ko tuloy nung 1st day ng school, wala akong kinausap kahit isa, natulog lang ako, 2nd day buti nalang may nakipagkilala.haha. nahihiya kasi ako mauna mag approach.hehe. share lang. :))

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2011, 06:59:40 pm »
I'm an introvert also. I'm not shy generally. I just find socializing quite taxing. I have friends whose company I genuinely enjoy, but I'm most comfortable being alone. Now that I have a business I'm forced to be all outgoing and sociable and I'm pretty good at it when I have to. But, I do it because I realize I need to, not because it's just my nature.

I shared this article with my bf, because he is my exact opposite. Haha. I tell him para syang congressman - everywhere we go he knows somebody.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/2696/

Anyway you guys might find this article interesting :)

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2012, 11:07:24 pm »
Hello. I am a new member here and hehe my first post is about introversion.
I am an introvert. Being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean you're shy. There is a big difference between shyness and introversion, although in everyday world they are viewed as the same but in the scientific world, they are miles apart.

Isa sa mga dahilan kung bakit iisa ang introvertion at shyness ay dahil the two terms are related to socializing, BUT the lack of interest in socializing is very much different from fearing it. Introverts CAN, but prefer not to act as extroverts during social events. They prefer to dwell on their inner self, socializing expend their energy... whereas naturally shy people cannot turn their shyness on or off.  :)

I used to think I was weird, since I prefer being alone. I can socialize, but I am not comfortable in those settings. I am far more happy in front of my computer or reading a book. Then I have learned about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator from my boyfriend. And everything makes sense. :D

Knowing about your personality type will help you understand more about yourself and appreciate the whole YOU. :)

Here's links for those interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Para malaman ang iyong personality type, sagutin ang mga tanong dito :)
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

btw, I am an INTP.

Enjoy! Have a nice day.

IceBerry

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2012, 05:46:25 pm »
Hi! I am a new member too and the topic of introversion caught my eye at once.

I guessed I am an introvert, and thanks Lady Blue, for giving an instrument to gauge my introversion. I agree with Lady Blue about the difference between being an introvert and a shy person.

I can be an extrovert when situation calls for it, but I do it minimally. I experienced being a leader of a work team, where I needed to be very communicative. I can socialize, in fact, I can blend in to any group with any kinds of personalities. Back in school, I never had a regular group, I always fit in to any group. Mas ok nga yun kasi I am not obliged to be with anybody for long times. And when it comes to social gatherings, I make up stories to excuse myself from the group.

So yeah, I tried the personality test given by Lady Blue and found that I am 89% introverted. Lolz.

majal

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »
i handle two businesses and both requires socialization to the highest level....but im good at hiding my feelings about the whole socializing thing.....really because i have too...and i can say i have mastered that art already. still i long for the time when i hit my bed, turn on the tv and have the room all to myself....that gives me time to sort things out and handle my emotions well.

though sometimes im amazed how i find socializing more of a scientific thing rather than entertaining. i think thats how i make socializing an easy task for me whenever i need to

superbubly

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2012, 07:33:04 pm »
wow, akala ko ako lang ang mag isang introvert sa pilipinas. I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one.


Introvert ako pero may part na extrovert din yung personality ko.
Introvert ako kasi tahimik ako pag may bagong kakilala, bago ako sa isang lugar, tahimik sa di close na tao at aloof ako sa tao kung minsan kaya minsan akala nila mataray ako pero hindi naman hehe shy type lang. Super bubbly at talkative ako pag close ko lang. Homebody din ako, basta nga may books, computer, radio at tv. Carry na buong magdamag. Nagugulat minsan yung mga hindi ko gaanong close pag nababasa nila yung blog ko sa wordpress, ang daming ko palang nasasabi pag sinusulat kesa sa sinasabi sa personal.  Madalas din masabihang loner, siguro nga totoo yung loner.


Extrovert, I love parties, gustong gusto ko ang mga parties at disco disco. mas madalas akong mag larga sa kung saan the meeting new people, kaya depende talaga sa sitwasyon yung pagiging extrovert ko.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2012, 07:15:45 am »
This is a good article on introverts. http://gu.com/p/366bh/tf

I used to think I was a shy extrovert, on account of the fact that I can be quite friendly and impulsive. But if where you land in the introvert-extrovert spectrum is ultimately decided by the level of outside stimulation you require and can accommodate, then I am a shy introvert. This isn't to suggest that I am a thinker or I have grand, fantastic ideas and all these wonderful things the writer attributed to introversion but yes, I am always in my head and I'm most comfortable there. I relish being alone. I love my family and friends and I love my boyfriend but when I think of the times I was truly happy, 8 out of 10, it's those moments I was just by myself. Socializing is usually just a matter of necessity because we were taught early on it was necessary to succeed and in some cases, survive. Had I known it was perfectly okay to be slightly withdrawn from the world most of the time, I probably wouldn't have been so insecure growing up. Hay.

Parents, you've got a lot of apologizing to do. Loljk.

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:44 am »
^ There are different kinds of introverts. Being introvert doesn't mean that you are a thinker or such, though it is true that most of the influential people of the modern world, especially in science, are introverts.

The different types of introversion have been discussed on the link in my last post on this topic. It was about the Myers-Briggs personality type indicator. It classifies your personality. I have taken the online tests and a professional one administered by a psychologist and it turned out that I am an INTP, Introvert-iNtuitive-Thinker-Perceiver.

 ;D I am so glad that my parents don't have any apologizing to do to me. They taught me that it was ok to be withdrawn sometimes, and I need not do anything that I wasn't comfortable doing. They encouraged it, actually. As a result, I was always at the top of my class when I was still in school.
Being a country of mostly extroverted feelers(according to a study), it is understandable when parents tend to think that being shy and slightly withdrawing from the world are not good.

http://personalitycafe.com/ This is a good resource for different personality types. There are tons of personality tests that you could take to determine your type and lots of additional information as well. Just explore the site.

rainbow_gal

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2012, 06:36:52 pm »
Mga Sis! Sali ako ha? Sobra akong nakaka-relate. :-)

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2012, 07:26:53 pm »
Hmmm... I am sociable when outside the house, I enjoy watching and being with people and the crowd.

Pero pag andito na sa bahay, ay nako.

Tingin yata ng MIL ko saken suplada ako, pati helper ko naiilang akong kausapin dahil sobrang tahimik ko raw. Kaya there's some kind of issue between MIL and me because of my nature, ang dalas kasi nyang umakyat dati dito. Tinatamad akong makipag usap kasi, mag-isip ng kung anong sasabihin. In an ordinary conversation, I am always the listener, the one who always ask questions. Effort for me pag ako magkukwento ng tungkol saken. Hindi ako mahilig magkuwento tungkol sa sarili ko.

When at home, I love silence, solitude and privacy. Pag nawawala saken yun, I feel like I'm losing my sense of being. Dahil I am married, I make it sure that I have my "ME time" at ayaw kong iniistorbo ako ni hubby during that time.

I am a home buddy too and rarely goes out for a gimik, pero when it comes to organizations and bonding with my favorite friends, masipag ako dyan. Pero I am always the listener, ang madalas magtanong ng, kumusta, anong nangyari... tapos konti lang ang sasabihin ko tungkol saken.

Like all of you, medyo hindi rin ako sanay sa compliment, what I do is pa-flatter effect lang or I say thank you. Or minsan, at a lost talaga ako...



countess

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »
Mga sis, I think being an introvert like moi parang nawala na social skills ko. Since I spend most of the time in front of PC, or stay sa house lang. Does anyone here have problems with dating other guys? Feeling ko kasi parang naiilang na ko na di maintindihan, although I hangout with guys naman, pero pag niyayaya ako magdate parang ilang na ko in so many levels. hahahaha.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:33 pm »
eh baka di mo naman type sis... kasi pag type mo, mag-eeffort ka.
O kaya pag gusto mo talaga to date, hayaan mo lang sila magdrive ng conversation, sila naman nagyaya eh. Next thing you will know, dumadaldal ka na.

pandalicious

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:28 pm »
another introvert here! ;D

i just find it sad that my mom thinks i'm a lonely person just because i don't have many friends like her. we're the exact opposite kasi so akala niya yata dahil hindi kami pareho eh hindi na ko masaya sa buhay ko.

i do socialize naman, i do have friends who have been with me for more than a decade, it just so happen na mas masaya ako mag-isa.

i think i need to make my mom read about introverts, para naman di na niya problemahin ang pagiging "antisocial" ko ;D

cristyles

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »
Thank goodness :) I find a place where i can relate rin. Sanay akong mapag-isa or maybe i'm just independent pag bibili ng mga damit or minsan kakain mag isa sa labas. Pero i'm good with crowd naman kung kinakailangan. Pero after that day na puro crowd, i usually want na mag isa lang sa house or do things alone.

For others weird pag mag isa lang ang mamasyal sa mall, but for me it's normal. I enjoy being alone and discovering things by myself. I can do freely. I can join other groups pero i won' stick with them for a long time, casual lang.

Lady Blue

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2012, 01:01:31 am »
^ Same here, sis. :)

green-aholic

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2012, 09:44:19 pm »
@ sis panda nako ganyan din nanay ko. iba tingin sakin. feeling nya ata loner ako, me saltik at sariling mundo. haha. minsan nga gusto kong magpost sa bahay ng iba't ibang personality types para maintindihan nya na normal lang ginagawa ko. kainis minsan dun nagsisimula ang di namin pagkakaintindihan.

chocochips_31

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:07 pm »
Count me in! :) Ewan ko pero hindi kasi ako nagtitiwala agad sa ibang tao. Pili lang mga friends ko and usually sila yung matatagal na since elementary days ko pa. Kahit mga ka-officemates ko pag niyaya akong lumabas, they said na ang weird ko daw kasi hindi ako pala-sama sa kanila. Ewan ko pero mapili rin kasi ako eh. Napapansin ko na some people don't trust me enough kasi tahimik din ako, [textspeak!] nga lang ang masaklap dun. Anong magagawa ko kung ganito ako diba? Basta ang alam ko kung sino ako :) sabi nga nila, What's more important is your character rather than your reputation :)

cristyles

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2012, 07:49:34 am »
@Sis green-aholic , sis natawa ako dun sa sinabi mo na word na "saltik",  :D . Naku! feeling lang nila siguro may sarili tayong mundo. Hindi lang siguro sila well educated na may mga iba't ibang types of personality ang mga tao. Masaya kaya minsan ang mag-isa kasi wala kang aalalahanin at wala kang hihintayin sa mga lakad. Nalalate lang ako pag may sumasabay sa akin, it's easier to decide pag mag isa lang rin  ;) .

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close