watch now

Author Topic: INTROVERTS - You're in!  (Read 100247 times)

lonelymiss28

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:35 am »
noong bata pa ako loner na talaga ako gusto ko maglaro mag-isa and i really enjoy it although dami ko friends and barkada, basta gusto ko may alone time ako na ako lang naglalaro. ngayon naman gusto ko talaga mag-isa na lang ako dami nagyayaya sa akin pero di ko talaga interest makipag chikahan sa personal ,,,nakakapagod. mas gusto ko pa sa phone na lang para habang chikahan kami dami ako nagagawang ibang bagay.

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:32 am »
I was bullied when I was in grade school. I became my male classmates' punching bag. Not only because I was a loner, but also because I wasn't a pretty kid. >:(  High school was a bit different, though... kasi I started to look quite decent na. People just left me in peace.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »
I was bullied when I was in grade school. I became my male classmates' punching bag. Not only because I was a loner, but also because I wasn't a pretty kid. >:(  High school was a bit different, though... kasi I started to look quite decent na. People just left me in peace.

Ay nako ganyan din ako dati hehe mas napansin ang "byuti" ko nung HS although I never thought of that hehe.

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »
^ High school was too late na. Emotionally scarred na ako after grade school. Haha! Maybe that's why I withdrew even further from social interaction. I spent more time with my pets. I still do. I'm happy being like this, though. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:57:38 pm by Prunella »

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:11 pm »
^ High school was too late na. Emotionally scarred na ako after grade school. Haha! Maybe that's why I withdrew even further from social interaction. I spent more time with my pets. I still do. I'm happy being like this, though. :)

But I experienced Grade School better than high school. High school is more like sh*t. People bully one person because they think they're better than the others, if in fact they were raised the wrong way. roflllll

ayami

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2012, 06:48:33 pm »
^ I could totally relate. there are just too many high school b*tches and bullies. Catholic school pa man ding naturingan yung school ko. on my first day of second year, by just commenting on a classmates' answer on a science quiz show activity, "sinugod" ako ng "girl gang" nung classmate na yon. by sinugod, this means babanggain yung shoulder mo and then iggrab yung wrist mo tapos tatarayan ka at may threat na kasama. geez.

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49:07 pm »
^ I was lucky then. The HS Mean Girls were kind of scared of me kasi I was the weird (as in witchcraft and wizardry, batsh*t crazy weird) kid.

ayami

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2012, 09:40:05 pm »
^ buti ka pa, may pagka plain lang kasi ako kaya susceptible yata :( ako towards graduation nabully naiinsecure din ata dahil UPCAT passer ako kahit di ako galing sa top class. pati ex ng husband ko na hindi kagandahan noong araw minamaliit ako. after non, I had a breakdown. Super nastress ako, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder afterwards. I had to take meds that made me sleep in college, go meet the shrink to talk with her for therapy, lose interest in most things, get kicked out of UP Engineering because my mental condition made me fail most subjects... sad HS life. I really had this grudge with my batchmates. now, ok na ako

nixie-devyn

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »
sis pano ka nadiagnose with bipolar disorder? I mean, anong doctor yung tumingin sayo?
super sad naman pinagdaanan mo..  :(
ako naman kasi mula bata parang tahimik na, mahilig na maging alone, tapos nagiisang anak pa ko,

ayami

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2012, 10:00:23 pm »
^ yung pinuntahan kong shrink/Psychiatrist nagdiagnose. only child din ako, tapos ayun puro usap usap kami with the doc, sometimes with my parents din pero most of the time with me lang.

nixie-devyn

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »
ahhh my time din kasi ko na super nalungkot, sa lovelife naman yun, super down ako na ngstart na din bumaba grades ko and sobrang affected confidence ko,, ang dami talaga nabago sakin,, hanggang ngayon alam ko hindi ako dapat ganito.. I mean kahit may pagkaloner ako iba pa rin confidence ko before, ngayon kasi naging pabaya na ko sa sarili ko,, as in gusto kong bumalik yung dating ako..
dati mahilig ako mgayos kahit simple lang, ngayon wala talaga kong care, hay
inisip ko din dati baka ngkaepisode ako ng depression eh. tapos after a few years my nagyari na naman sakin na talagang ngpababa na naman ng esteem ko, just as I was getting up.
I'm trying to make up sometimes pero bumabalik talaga yung episode na gnun, lalo na pag naalala ko yung second one na nagyari,
minsan gusto k na mgpapersonality workshop eh.

pano nga pala yung breakdown na sinasabi mo?ano nangyari sayo?

ayami

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2012, 11:10:00 pm »
^naku, para kong naparanoid. wala rin akong iniimik gaano. tapos major walk out ako sa graduation practice, wala ako sa sarili, kung ano ano naiimagine ko. may episodes na super hyper ako, di natutulog (insomnia), super galit as in rage, nananakit, etc.

nixie-devyn

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:02 am »
hmm grabe pala noh.. it's nice to see you were able to get up.

so siguro ang pagiging introvert is not just because ganon ka talaga but rather pwede rin madaming factors.

worse, a combi of both.

Huntress Krystle

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »
Maybe that's why I withdrew even further from social interaction. I spent more time with my pets. I still do. I'm happy being like this, though. :)
Same here sis. Nahumaling ako sa pets at ang panget na effect nga lang sakin, sobra akong na attach sa mga alaga ko.  :-X

vainwriter

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2012, 10:13:53 pm »
I also had a hellish hs life but i dont think that made me an introvert. my turning point was when i started working at home. syempre busy and moving house after getting married nalayi na ko sa friends ko. my husbands friends became my set of friends but they failed me... so i withdrew myself. good thing my son is grown na so he keeps me company pero syempre i also look at other thjngs like going back to school or joining an ngo para pag malaki na si son di naman ako masyadong maging attached sa kanya kawawa naman eh hehe

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #255 on: September 06, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »
Same here sis. Nahumaling ako sa pets at ang panget na effect nga lang sakin, sobra akong na attach sa mga alaga ko.  :-X

It's not too bad, is it? I love my cats more than I love my husband.  ;D  Just kidding.

Although I am an introvert, I can fake being outgoing and I can even play at being charming whenever I want (or need) to. It's not being plastic, I guess. I'm just a good actress.  :P Sometimes kasi, it's a must.

ellenmitchie

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2012, 12:33:13 am »
I can so relate to this thread! I like doing a lot of things on my own. I think kaya ako introvert because of past experiences (elementary and HS) na bully din kasi ako, and I think halos eto yung nagcontribute sa pagiging introvert ko. I love writing din, especially to release what I feel, I have 2 blogs din where I vent out my feelings, but I stopped na. Medyo nagsawa na din kasi ako. Nung nag start ako sa college, I tried being friendly and approachable towards others, effective sya lol Magaan naman sa loob ko kasi natural na nagkaroon ako ng college friends, kaya lang come 2nd semester, nagkahiwalay din kami. This time, dito na naman bumalik pagiging introvert ko. It hurts kasi I thought nabago ko na yung ugali ko. But yeah, somehow I need to change a little, lalo na opposite track ang pinili kong career (dealing/interacting with people).

Going back to the topic, I like going alone to different places, lalo na kapag mall. I even watch movies alone. I thought at first parang weird, pero nung na experience ko na, masaya naman pala. I have few friends lang din, as in those friends na talagang I can trust, and sila lang talaga tumagal kong friends for more than 5 years.

Sa work nga, medyo aloof din ako sa iba, and nakakairita sometimes yung look that they give, may halong ka-plastikan, they would smile, pero deep inside nababasa ko na they're just trying to be nice. Recently lang I started avoiding colleagues, what I'll do is kunyari kapag sasabay na sa akin, I'll make an excuse saying na may iba na akong kasabay, pero the truth is, wala naman talaga. Eh paano ba naman kasi, before they go home, kung ano pang ginagawang retouch at chika sa CR. I'd rather go home early, sayang kasi ang time. But some of them are nice naman, I can feel na sincere naman sila in being friends with me. Yun nga lang, ayoko lang talaga na nakakasama sila ng matagal.

TysLolakins

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2012, 12:51:27 am »
below is from giftedkids.about.com

Contrary to what most people think, an introvert is not simply a person who is shy. In fact, being shy has little to do with being an introvert! Shyness has an element of apprehension, nervousness and anxiety, and while an introvert may also be shy, introversion itself is not shyness. Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."

When introverts want to be alone, it is not, by itself, a sign of depression. It means that they either need to regain their energy from being around people or that they simply want the time to be with their own thoughts. Being with people, even people they like and are comfortable with, can prevent them from their desire to be quietly introspective.

Being introspective, though, does not mean that an introvert never has conversations. However, those conversations are generally about ideas and concepts, not about what they consider the trivial matters of social small talk.

Introverts make up about 60% of the gifted population but only about 25-40% of the general population.


wala lang, gusto ko lang i-share what i read about the topic. 
i'm more convinced now that i am an INTROVERT!

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:42 am »


Basically, an introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people.

Introverts are more concerned with the inner world of the mind. They enjoy thinking, exploring their thoughts and feelings. They often avoid social situations because being around people drains their energy. This is true even if they have good social skills. After being with people for any length of time, such as at a party, they need time alone to "recharge."


This. :)


molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: INTROVERTS - You're in!
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2012, 04:50:13 pm »
@ellenmitchie

oh LOL I know when people are being so plastic!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close