watch now

Author Topic: The mac user's [Thread 3]  (Read 86141 times)

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2011, 06:50:36 pm »
^none with mine, I have 3 partitions on my external hdd.  Is yours formatted for Mac or just windows?

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2011, 04:19:45 pm »
Yup, it works on a Windows based PC. I don't know though if it's formatted for Mac or just Windows. Could that be the problem? Pano ba finoformat ang external hard drive for your Mac? Haha.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »
^Baka ganun nga. Ang pag-format kasi mabubura yung laman nung external HD so I suggest ilipat mo muna sa Windows-based PC mo yung laman. Right click mo yung external HD, meron dyan kung paano papalitan to NTFS or FAT32. I don't know which is which kasi yung ginawa ko yung akin, I changed it to FAT32 kasi di naman mabasa ng Windows-based PC yung external HD ko pero ngayon nababasa na ng both computers (Mac and Windows).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:57:57 pm by Heatherette »

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #323 on: July 09, 2011, 09:47:49 pm »
Ahhh I see. Thanks a lot sis! Will try that. Sana mag work *cross fingers* :)

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #324 on: July 09, 2011, 11:39:27 pm »
^The drive needs to be HFS formatted for Mac.   Here's a link that might be helpful..

http://guides.macrumors.com/Formatting_an_External_Device

FAT32 has a 4GB limit which may be an issue if you're working with larger files. 

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2011, 02:47:34 am »
i want to get a 15 inch pro for what reason la lang gusto ko lang :D

beanie

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #326 on: July 10, 2011, 09:38:15 pm »
Finally got my 64gb wifi +3G iPad 2! It's the bomb! :)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #327 on: July 10, 2011, 09:40:51 pm »
^^haha why not?

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2011, 01:36:38 am »
^ hehe kakkuha ko lang nito di ko pa sya pwede palitan  siguro mga next year:P at pag naglabas ng 17 inch air muna yun bibili ako :P

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2011, 10:12:24 am »
i got my SL installation disc during the weekend but i still haven't upgraded because i've read that you have the option of doing either an upgrade or a clean install, and they say a clean install is best. have any of you done either? any thoughts?

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »
Reformatted my external hard drive, so problem solved! Thanks to everyone who helped :)

kryzteta

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:06 pm »
I finally gave in and allowed husband to buy an Ipad2.  I like my air better, hindi ako makatagal gumamit.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
^^^Hindi ako nag-clean install kasi sobrang daming laman ng laptop ko at that time at time consuming i-back up lahat.

Check mo here on how to clean install:
http://macs.about.com/od/snowleopardmacosx106/[textspeak!]/cleaninstall_sl.htm
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac-platform/articles/48174.aspx

mariemichele

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2011, 08:10:24 am »
Hi everyone. I have a white macbook which my hubby just gave me last September. Yesterday though, I noticed a hairline crack at the leftside near the "tab" button. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this? I know that I should not have caused this because I really love my Mac therefore I really am careful in handling it. I have not dropped it and hours before I noticed the crack, I don't remember ever seeing it there. Parang bigla nalang nag crack :(. Will it get bigger? How do I remedy this? Thank you in advance for your help!

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2011, 09:34:40 am »
^Try bringing it sa Powermac. Yan ang sakit ng white Macbook eh, nagka-crack.

mariemichele

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »
Oh really sis Heatherette? Thank you so much for answering my query. Will try to ask Powermac about this.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »
^Welcome :)

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:18 pm »
^^^Hindi ako nag-clean install kasi sobrang daming laman ng laptop ko at that time at time consuming i-back up lahat.

Check mo here on how to clean install:
http://macs.about.com/od/snowleopardmacosx106/[textspeak!]/cleaninstall_sl.htm
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac-platform/articles/48174.aspx
^^^Hindi ako nag-clean install kasi sobrang daming laman ng laptop ko at that time at time consuming i-back up lahat.

Check mo here on how to clean install:
http://macs.about.com/od/snowleopardmacosx106/[textspeak!]/cleaninstall_sl.htm
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac-platform/articles/48174.aspx

thanks sis! tamad nga din ako mag back up. at isa pa, wala akong external hdd (which i know is a must). have you had any issues so far? may mga nabasa ako na buggy daw kasi pag hindi clean install.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2011, 09:53:43 pm »
^None :) Matagal na to naka-SL. Ang naging problem lang yung sa Nvidia which ni-recall ng Mac mismo.

pure.love is bliss

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #339 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:51 am »
true kaya na may lalabas na new MB air this september? :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close