watch now

Author Topic: The mac user's [Thread 3]  (Read 86101 times)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2011, 01:05:33 pm »
^^Mine had these weird green and purple lines and it hang at the loading site; the one with the apple logo and the loading wheel. I immediately brought my laptop the next day in Powermac since they have a service center. The guy checked my serial number, etc... and encoded it in the PC. He gave me a copy of the service order and told me to call a certain number within a couple of days (it took around 7 days, just right after Holy Week to get my MBPro fixed). When I called, the girl I talked to said that my laptop passed the quality control test and they will immediately replace my logic board (see the link posted in the previous pages regarding the NVidia 8600 issue). The a couple of days later, I received a text message that my laptop is ready for pickup.

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2011, 06:30:07 pm »
kryzteta,

I think Ynzal yung name ng shop. They used to be the authorized repair center for Apple. Pero the still work on Apple products.

Anyway, to those who had logic board problems, can you describe the how does it manifest?

Oo nga! Ynza! Pero iniisip ko din i-try sa Digital Walker. :) Logic board problem ko - when you turn your mac on, it will boot, with chime but no display as in black talaga. No apple logo either on the cover. :( It's been two weeks. I really feel bad about losing mac. This is far worse than losing a boyfriend, seriously. :(

miked

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2011, 01:10:59 am »
^That's too bad. Last month my Imac developed vertical lines on the LCD. It appears that a lot of Imac owners experienced the same problem. I called up Apple's 1800 number for assistance and was given a case number. I was told that they will replace the LCD free of charge (a new LCD costs 40k++). So I brought it to Powermac San Juan for repair last month and I might get it back this week.

I'm glad that despite being out of warranty, they still fixed it. Try to call up their 1-800 number, who knows there might be a certain recall for your Macbook. Just a tip though, their front liners might disregard your request for a free repair. Try to look for their supervisor or anyone higher. We paid a premium for these products and they just conk out just after the warranty expires.

Apple computers are great machines but I notice a lot of quality issues with their products recently.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:59 am »
^^Yan ata yung kinakatakutan sa Mac, yung tawag nila Black Screen of Death. Dati ko pa naririnig yan, akala ko joke lang.

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
Yeah, that's the black screen of death. Some get fixed, most don't.:/ Although others never boot up even when turned on.

@miked: will try to call 1-800 apple. free ang call from landline to that number, am i correct? :)

miked

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »
^ International call rates apply. BTW the number I called is 1-800 SOS MAC or something. I was able to call them using Smart. My Globe number couldn't get through.

Just in case all else fails, there are some people who can do board level repairs. Had my old Powerbook repaired recently. The technician replaced some bloated capacitors and so far everything seems okay.
Though I couldn't say much for the late model Macbooks.

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2011, 03:11:50 pm »
Hi Mac users!  :) I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I might as well try asking, right? I'm planning on buying a Macbook Pro this month but I'm not sure if I should have a relative buy it in the US or if I should just buy one here. Kasi someone told me na mas mura pag sa US ka bumili. Is that true? Just wanna get my facts straight.

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »
^You can check Apple.com for prices :)

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
Had the time finally last week to partition my external HD, backed up using Time Machine and got it to work so that my MBA can read and write on the Windows partition...makes transferrng files across my devices easy.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2011, 09:26:10 pm »
^^^ the smallest mbpro should set you back $1,320 inclusive na of tax if you buy in the US. 'di ko lang alam magkano na exchange rate ngayon and magkano ang mbpro sa Pinas ngayon. also, if you're going to have it shipped to The Phils., baka bongga ang bayad. Better to have your relatives bring it to you. :)

kissmyhappiness

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2011, 11:03:39 pm »
Checked Apple's site, did a few computations, and lo and behold, it's true. The Macbook Pro is a little bit cheaper if you buy it in the US. Just a little bit. But anyway, I decided to have my relatives buy it for me so I won't have to pay shipment fee. Thank you for all your replies!   :D I've been a Toshiba girl ever since I got my first laptop, so I'm kinda excited to switch to Mac. Sana hindi ako gaanong manibago. Haha ;D

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2011, 01:20:48 am »
^ooooh nice hindi ka maninibago.  yun din akala ko pretty much the same parin naman everything ang magugulat ka lang how convenient  it is maski nga yung pagclose ng windows since it's on the left side maiisip mo 'onga no why didn't windows think of that'.   yung command, option keys lang nakakalito and the right clicking which isn't a big deal pala. pero for program shortcuts ayun a little getting to know you pero after  awhile bestfriends na kayo :D

nasipa ko mac ko from the bed while sleeping lol at may bago syang booboo need more band-aids :) wawa hindi na mukhang bago mac ko hahaha

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2011, 01:30:43 am »
True. Super dali ang ng Mac. Pag nakuha mo yung mga keyboard shortcut, yun ang masaya kasi pati pag-shutdown eh 2 click lang close na. Favorite ko din yung 2 finger scrolling. Panalo talaga yun sa Mac. Sa Windows kasi diba either i-drag mo yung nasa right side or meron sa mouse pad na dun mo ilalagay yung finger mo para ma-scroll mo pababa yung nasa window.

May tutorial naman sa simula nyan. Ako kinareer ko yung panunuod nun haha

Sis muahmuahmuah, wawa naman si Mac. Buti di malaki damage. Konting booboo lang.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2011, 02:22:37 am »
anong magandang mouse for macbook? yung mura lang. tenchu golly wow in advance :)

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2011, 04:07:31 am »
^http://www.apple.com/magicmouse/  - - the best


mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2011, 05:23:56 am »
^ thanks. aww sakit sa bulsa eh. merong cheaper alternative?

tokyogirl

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2011, 01:08:05 pm »
Guys suggest naman kayo ng free photo editor except for Adobe. Nasad ako kasi walang Photoscape for Mac. Thanks! :)

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #277 on: May 21, 2011, 10:51:32 am »
my mac got fixed sa ynzal! i'm using it now actually! :)) and hello, it's not a logic board problem! :))

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #278 on: May 21, 2011, 01:50:57 pm »
^Uy buti naman. Ano daw sira sis? Bakit naman logic board ang sasabihin ng Mac no? LOL

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #279 on: May 21, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »
@sis Heatherette, hard drive and lcd daw. bakit kaya ganon diagnosis ng service provider before? hmm.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close