watch now

Author Topic: The mac user's [Thread 3]  (Read 85873 times)

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2011, 09:26:06 pm »
^Oh no!!! Bakit daw, ano daw cause nung sira?

Logic board din yung akin pero dahil year 2008 tong model na to at may sira yung NVidia video card, libre ang palit.

Yung 50k na yan, yan din yung quotation sa akin nung guy sa Service Center nila kaya todo dasal ko na sana yung NVidia talaga ang may sira.

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2011, 02:24:16 am »
^^ Might as well buy a new mac if you're gonna spend that much on repairs.. I would :-)

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2011, 07:56:19 pm »
Sabi lang. :( I've read on the net that the NVIDIA problem is limited on certain macbook pros only. Mine is a macbook white unibody late 09.

They can't exactly tell why, perhaps the wear-and-tear theory. Eh 1 year pa lang kaya yun. I should've bought apple care, e di sana may bago na akong mac.. :(

I can't buy another one as of the moment, kapos na kapos ang sweldo. I wish I could since I really need one right now.:(

kryzteta

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »
^grabe, heartbreaking price :(  You could get a new one for that. My husband said try to lurk at philmug.com it's a forum for mac users.  Baka they can recommend other service centers.

***I checked the forum, hindi masyado active.  :( 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:50:03 pm by kryzteta »

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2011, 09:45:40 pm »
I read also (try googling) na may nagbebenta ng murang/2nd hand logic board. Pero mostly sa US pero try on that too. I googled din common causes of logic board problem pero wala talagang sagot kahit isa :P

Mine is 3 years old already and so far yung NVidia lang ang problem (plus the battery na lumubo - my fault and the charger na sumabog - the mini ref's fault lol).

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2011, 10:15:07 am »
^wawa naman si mini ref..joke.

@ettevyvi one year palang pwede ka ba bumili ng applecare kahit sira na yung mac? you can still purchase diba or is it within one year time of purchase? baka sakali makalusot..shucks kahinayang ang mahal ng repairs masyado.


Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2011, 02:03:48 pm »
^LOL naka-display nalang siya.

Nagbabadya na gusto ko ng MBA ulit haha Kasi I was listening to a lecture tapos tinatamad ako mag-type, naisip ko sana may laptop ako kaso ang bigat naman nitong laptop ko, hindi practical dalhin talaga so sabi ko parang ang ganda ng MBA. Excuses! haha

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »
^why don't you go ahead and buy one that's sounds a good enough excuse to buy one.  I have 17, 14 and 8.9 laptops and I still came up with 'i need something more portable' excuse to justify my MBA purchase. :-)

Sheesh, I'm definitely getting Apple Care next year.

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2011, 08:31:47 pm »
Apple care is bago mag 1 year ang apple product mo. It extends the warranty for two years more.

Actually, nagmember ako dyan sa philmug. Ang dami ko natutunan! ;)

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2011, 09:05:27 pm »
^Yeah Philmug's one of the few forums I browse, been a member for a few years now since the first Ipods came out.  I was reading through Apple's website yesterday.

"Every Mac and Apple display comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. "

"Protection Plan
For up to three years from your computer’s original purchase date, the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, Mac OS X, iLife, and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac — both parts and labor — through convenient service options. "

Important Note

The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty

I'm clicking Buy Now. *lol*

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:54 am »
Dahil dyan, I'll buy one for my iPad! 1 year na sya sa june!

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »
di rin ako kumuha ng apple care i have a friend who can repair a mac iniisip ko nalang rin na excuse ko na yun if this breaks down it's a must to get a new one. but come to think of it now the baby needs protection! :P

ettevyvi

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »
May alam ba kayong non authorized repair shop that can fix my mac? Since I have nothing to lose na din naman, I just need to have it working til my budget can afford another one. ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:12:13 pm by ettevyvi »

foxymom

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2011, 09:46:02 am »
hhhhmmm all these apple care talk is making me nervous!

how much is applecare for mba? and ipad2? :D

muahmuahmuah

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:20 am »
^^la ako kilala from manila lang kaya i can't recommend anyone. but i'll ask around incase old friends ko know of anyone.

xthine

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2011, 10:40:00 am »

kryzteta

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:16 am »
etteyvi: yung husband ko nagpa upgrade years ago ng ibook somewhere in Timog. Recommended by philmug.  We forgot the name of the shop e :(

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2011, 12:11:47 pm »
Apple Care is a lifesaver kaso di ako binilhan ng dad ko tapos nung sumabog nga yung charger at lumubo yung battery eh dapat libre na yun, sabi niya bakit? Sabi ko, nagpapabili ako sayo dati ayaw mo kong bilhan eh nyahaha tapos sinabi ko rin sa kanya na in case na di NVidia ang sira at kelangan natin magbayad, dapat libre din dahil sa Apple Care, sabi niya o bakit di ka kumuha? Arggghhh... inulit ko nanaman, ayaw mo kong bilhan! LOL

miked

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2011, 02:12:46 am »
kryzteta,

I think Ynzal yung name ng shop. They used to be the authorized repair center for Apple. Pero the still work on Apple products.

Anyway, to those who had logic board problems, can you describe the how does it manifest? Anyway, have you tried calling Apple's 1-800 number? I had my White Imac's defective LCD replaced with a new one for free. I only paid for the labor. It turned out that there is a "silent" recall. The LCD failure was due to a bad batch of LCD's and my unit belonged to that dreaded batch.

Once you get through to the 1-800 number, have your serial number ready and they'll try to help you troubleshoot or diagnose the problem. If possible, try to ask for a case number.  Who knows there might also be a recall for the Macbook's faulty logic board.

Worst case would be to sell the Macbook for its parts like LCD, casing, etc.

kryzteta

  • Guest
Re: The mac user's [Thread 3]
« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2011, 08:12:56 am »
^yes I think that's it, saw the map, I only remember its location not the name.  :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close